- - - - -

GS/EB Weekly Ad 7/24 - 7/30 w/ coupon: 20% off any used PS2 Games (Limit 3)

#61 robbyH   The King of EVILLLLL! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:51 AM

I've been looking for a cheap Fable 2 for the past week, but I can't purchase it online. So I was pretty glad to find this at Gamestop. Also are there any in store coupons to bump down Fable 2 even further, I really hate California's 10 percent sale tax =/.

Somewhat unrelated. Does anybody know how lenient Gamestop is when it comes to M rated games? I'm 16, 17 in two months. Would they sell it to me, or if upon asking ID I showed them an ID, would they actually check the birthdate?

for most stores it's a prompt by the cash register. It sees a M rated game and it won't let the sale go thru before the sales assoc. punches in either the id number or birthdate.

#62 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

Damn, there is an Ico 12 miles from me, but I'm leaving for vacation. I'll just think to myself that someone already bought it to make me feel better about it.

fs_overall.png

#63 Masquerade   Suit Up CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Masquerade

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

Might pick up Yakuza 2 and King of Fighters XI. Any knows if KOF XI is worth it.

#64 s2k   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

Not sure about KOFXI but Street fighter alpha collection is a great pick-up. It has alpha 1-3 plus Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix.

#65 shoe478   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1791 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

Got an Ico, got home and realized that there was a stupid Movie Gallery label on the top of the disc. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! The data side of the disc was in good shape too, but I hate those clear plastic labels some places put on top of games. Is there a way to get those off? I really don't want to ruin my game.

I wouldn't mess with it. I've pulled one of those off before and part of the label came off with it. Even if the sticker comes off completely, you are still going to have a residue on the disc. I'm guessing you want to keep it? If you just want to play it, you can beat it in less than 8 hours from what I've heard and then you can return it.

#66 WRXKayaker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

WRXKayaker

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

Got an Ico, got home and realized that there was a stupid Movie Gallery label on the top of the disc. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! The data side of the disc was in good shape too, but I hate those clear plastic labels some places put on top of games. Is there a way to get those off? I really don't want to ruin my game.

Slowly and carefully peel as much of the label off as possible. Then get some "Goo Gone" which is an adhesive remover. Carefully apply that to the spot with the residue, and let it sit for a few minutes. Dab up the excess with a paper towel, then rub the residue off with your finger, or carefully scrape it off with your fingernail. It has worked for me before, but try at your own risk.

#67 afultz075   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

Slowly and carefully peel as much of the label off as possible. Then get some "Goo Gone" which is an adhesive remover. Carefully apply that to the spot with the residue, and let it sit for a few minutes. Dab up the excess with a paper towel, then rub the residue off with your finger, or carefully scrape it off with your fingernail. It has worked for me before, but try at your own risk.

I would not mess with it, since ICO is on a CD, the data layer lies right underneath that label, which means messing with the label creates a much higher chance of screwing up the data than with a DVD.

#68 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

Might pick up Yakuza 2 and King of Fighters XI. Any knows if KOF XI is worth it.

kof XI is pretty good in my opinion. Has lots of charaters, challenges to do, many unlockables, good fighting mechanics. Only thing Don't expect that much graphics wise, most character models are reused from the early 2000's. Also a few favorites are missing like Joe and 2 or 3 more depending on who you like.

Alpha collection is great too however its more like just Alpha 3 and gem fighters cause there's no point in playing the older Alphas except for maybe nostalgia. Alpha 3 has everything combined from the others. But still one of my top 3 favorite fighting games.

Try Capcom Vs SNk 2 if you like 2d fighters.

#69 newlu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon - $24.49
Complete and mint :lol:

#70 freshzen   Big Mon CAGiversary!   4274 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:45 PM

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon - $24.49
Complete and mint :lol:

The plushie toy is almost worth the extra $15 though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#71 Layd Dly  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

Picked up a few PS2 FIghters and RPG's to fhelp finish out my Collection

Arc The Lad: End of Darkness $4.89
Okage: Shadow King $3.49
Pryzm Chapter One: Dark Unicorn $2.79
Virtua Fighter 4 $2.79
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution $3.49

Not bad for $17.45

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#72 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

I took the opportunity to pick up some games I'd been missing from my collection. Even though they're PS2 games it feels good to get 4 near-mint games for under $25.

33126.png

#73 kk012   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:32 AM

stopped by a few GS

AR Tonelico $20.99
Street Fighter EX3 $9.09 (like new:))
Tales of Legendia $9.09 (like new :D)
Xenosaga II $5.59
FF XII collector's edition $8.39
Suikoden V $13.99 (like new :D)
Tales of the Abyss $20.99 (like new :D)
Wild Arms 5 $12.59
I-Ninja $3.49
Frequency $4.89
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness $4.89

If only all of these were traded in last week and not this week, but I'm still pretty happy. I'm still looking for Valykyrie Profile 2, Xenosaga 3 and Grandia 3. The search continues.....

#74 buckythekat   dv8 King of Concerns CAGiversary!   3196 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

buckythekat

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:36 AM

I found a copy of Way of the Samurai 2

which apparently is sorta rare

and got it for $13.99 :)

#75 chibamm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

Alright, I think I'm finished for the weekend. I filled out some of my PS2 RPG collection.

Tales of Legendia 9.09
Arc the Lad: Twilight 3.49
Makai Kingdom 10.49
Odin Sphere 13.99
Grandia II 9.09
Shining Force EXA 10.49
Mana Khemia 12.59
Posted Image

#76 chibamm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:52 AM

Has anyone seen a copy of Ar Tonelico II used?
Posted Image

#77 ackbar7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2389 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:36 AM

Was able to find a complete Growlanser: Heritage of War Special Edition for $14. None of the extras had even been opened. Pretty cool find.

#78 newlu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

Has anyone seen a copy of Ar Tonelico II used?

Yes, plenty of copies around here.

#79 Optical   Go Big Red CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

Here is what I picked up:

Dark Cloud 2 - $11.89
Xenosaga III - $13.99
Final Fantasy XII CE - $8.39
Zone of Enders - $3.49
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time (decent condition w/ Slipcover) - $9.09
ICO (looks like it had just been opened) - $20.99

Decent haul I'd say.

#80 smackattack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:17 AM

finally found an ico in my area of LA/OC. As a bonus they had REZ which i have been looking for about as long as ico. Neither had the inserts, but at least the disks were in good condition and they had the covers.
The ico was behind the counter. Guy asked me is I called about it yesterday, I said no. Sorry for whoever in buena park called about ico, but it was 3:30pm, you had your chance.

#81 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6153 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

I wouldn't mess with it. I've pulled one of those off before and part of the label came off with it. Even if the sticker comes off completely, you are still going to have a residue on the disc. I'm guessing you want to keep it? If you just want to play it, you can beat it in less than 8 hours from what I've heard and then you can return it.

If the OP does mess with it...here is the method I've used to remove such labels. Take a straight rectangular razor blade (as opposed to the utility knife parallelogram ones), and extremely slowly and carefully, angle the blade at maybe 20 degrees or so to the disc, and little by little work the label off. Also, putting a little Goo Gone on the blade tip every little while helps as well. Once the label is completely removed, you can use Goo Gone to clean any label residue.

BTW, I stopped at the 5 nearest (within 30 miles) Gamestops the last two days that were listed as having Ico in stock. Came away with only 2 copies, one complete black label and excellent condition disc, and one disc only copy that was slightly scratched. It really pisses me off that the God damn inventory tracking system is so fucked up, I mean three stores that still have it as ghost inventory? And it's not like someone bought them right before I did, the people at these stores tell me "oh, you're like the 50th person to ask about it in the last couple of weeks, har har har..." They are still listed on the inventory page for the game.

And of course Ico is one of those games that, because of its value, you don't want to call ahead and give the employees at a particular store the head's up that they could have treasure in their store. They will more often than not steal it right out from under you.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#82 s2k   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

I never bought or even looking into ico before but after all this talk about it i finally got it looks like a cool game.

#83 jonathanp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

I never bought or even looking into ico before but after all this talk about it i finally got it looks like a cool game.

I want to know how many people bought Ico because of this coupon? I found several copies on Gamestop store locator last week. Now? Just one.

#84 s2k   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

I did i would never have gotten it for 29.99-10% but 30% seems fair.

#85 earvcunanan   I'm cool. CAGiversary!   3355 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

earvcunanan

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

I bought mint/complete non-GH copies of:

Silent Hill 2 - $10.49
God of War II - $12.69
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - $12.69

Prices are after the coupon + Edge.

Not bad at all!

#86 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1183 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

Picked up complete and nearly mint copies of Siren and Trapt. Now just need to find Haunting Ground.

#87 kk012   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   910 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

I want to know how many people bought Ico because of this coupon? I found several copies on Gamestop store locator last week. Now? Just one.

I heard from a GS employee yesterday that Ico was only selling for $4.99 before E3. Does anyone know why the price skyrocketed?

Since I'm so cheap, I don't think I will pick up Ico unless it is a like new copy. If disc only, I'll pass.

I've also encountered a phantom copy of Ico at my local GS. I think someone at that store is stashing it. The other GS across the street checked inventory and told me that store had it. I didn't bother returning to that GS, which supposedly has Ico.

#88 xdl   Fast and Bulbous! CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

I heard from a GS employee yesterday that Ico was only selling for $4.99 before E3. Does anyone know why the price skyrocketed?

Since I'm so cheap, I don't think I will pick up Ico unless it is a like new copy. If disc only, I'll pass.

I've also encountered a phantom copy of Ico at my local GS. I think someone at that store is stashing it. The other GS across the street checked inventory and told me that store had it. I didn't bother returning to that GS, which supposedly has Ico.

Almost positive it wasn't EVER 4.99, especially recently. I bought several copies over the last two years, and it was 17.99 for quite a long time. Most recently, it went up to 19.99 (and mostly disappeared from every store), and then last week it hit 29.99. The price increase is a GOOD thing here, especially if you ever intend on finding one in a store again.

I don't see a reprint for this to be likely. It might end up on the PSN as a download though, which would be about the same anyway.

#89 Layd Dly  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

Almost positive it wasn't EVER 4.99, especially recently. I bought several copies over the last two years, and it was 17.99 for quite a long time. Most recently, it went up to 19.99 (and mostly disappeared from every store), and then last week it hit 29.99. The price increase is a GOOD thing here, especially if you ever intend on finding one in a store again.

I don't see a reprint for this to be likely. It might end up on the PSN as a download though, which would be about the same anyway.

I paid $6.99 for my copy of Ico in december.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#90 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:21 AM

lots of phantom ps3 blazblue's and na's.
looks like im going to have to stake out to check out the competitions round these parts

There are a couple times I'm almost certain I've spotted CAGs. You can usually tell by either hiding stuff, looking through to check for manuals, or accosting the cashier with a bonanza of coupons.

33126.png