Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
These coupon codes are only good until midnight Pacific Time each day. I'll update the above post every day for the new deal so it is always easy to find. And this way you won't have to download the Big Fish Toolbar.

Thanks for doing this, Otty. I appreciate giving us a link to go straight to the game. I can't stand the thought of loading their stupid toolbar to get the deal each day.

They just started it a couple of days ago. You have to have their toolbar to see it. Or just check this thread. I will post the latest deal first thing each morning.

Yeah, thanks for doing this Otty. Wife loves the BigFish stuff, and this is almost as good as their free/99c offers.

Thanks for posting this, although I have no idea why they didn't email me about it. I've been a member for a while now.

so far i been able to download these for free off shock (since im a paying member) played it for around 2 or 3 hours and its a sort of cute game

the game for today its a cute little game...

it would of been worth 99 cents... 2.99 is sort of pushing it but if you like it i would guess its almost worth the cash

Gamezebo review:

"Due to its pronounced simplicity, Abra Academy is suitable to play for younger children as well as adults. It's not without charm and is fun to play. Just don't expect its magic to last much longer than four or five hours at best."

Pros: Near-zero learning curve, hint system, attractive graphics and great music.

Cons: No unique twists, simplistic play, rather short, minimal challenge, one game mode and weak story elements.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Read the full review here:
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/abra-academy/review

Gamezebo review:

"Overall, Mystic Inn is a very good game that should magically make a few hours disappear from your life."

Pros: Accessible game for players of all ages; Hard to put down; Mini-games are a nice touch.

Cons:Not an original concept; Takes a while to get challenging.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/mystic-inn/review

This game is older but still the top selling Mahjong game on Big Fish. As a result, Gamezebo does not have a review of it.

Also, these daily $2.99 deals run through August. Most of the games so far have been Big Fish produced or developed games, so expect to see other older Big Fish games like Master Of Defense, Fairies, Huntsville etc. in days to come. Hopefully we will see classics like Fairway Solitaire and the new Mystery Case Files show up in the program, too.

If you've played the game, how easy is it to create and share your own levels? And do there seem to be many people using the chat these days? The game has been out for a long, long time....

Gamezebo review:

"Hidden Expedition: Everest will delight and challenge casual game fans for many hours on end."

Pros: A highly polished seek-and-find game. Power-ups, hidden treasures and story add to the fun. Great graphics.

Cons: Some items always in the same place

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars User ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/hidden-expedition-everest/review

Thanks, Otty. Going to bite on this one, my wife loved HE:Amazon and though I didn't really play it myself I could tell it was a high end game (really great graphics/sound for a hidden obj game, very atmospheric, and some fun looking mini games between the main games).

Here's hoping they include Hidden Expedition: Titanic on this sale some time soon so I can complete the trilogy for her...

I'm sure Titanic will be included. And hopefully the Mystery Case File series. I like those even better than the Hidden Expedition games. But you really can't beat Big Fish's in house hidden object games. They pretty much started the genre and still make the best ones out there. There are a lot of crappy hidden object games out there, too, many of which are on Big Fish, though not made by them. That's why I've been including the Gamezebo reviews. Casual games get a bad rep from a lot of people, but there are many good ones out there. I consider myself a serious gamer, playing many hardcore games, but casual games can be really fun, too, if you find the good ones. Like most of Popcap's games are really fun.

Thank you Otty, I buy each one each day. $3 is a great deal. Surely I can get an hour or two of entertainment from each, or anyone else with access to my BF account.

I visited the site which you have given its nice site to buy the "Hidden Expedition : Everest" game. I buy this game from this site and its an awesome game to play and like this superb game.

Gamezebo review:

"MCF: Prime Suspects retains all of the elements that made the original such a hit: a fun and simple premise, an amusing storyline and characters, and clever level design, while providing much better artwork, more locations to explore and tighter writing. In other words, it's a perfect recipe for a very successful sequel."

Pros: Great art, story, and replayability; Nice level design; Mini-games are a brilliant twist; Much more replay value than the original.

Cons: Later levels feel repetitive; Difficulty doesn't increase much.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/mystery-case-files-prime-suspects/review

[quote name='Otty Ott']I'm sure Titanic will be included. And hopefully the Mystery Case File series. I like those even better than the Hidden Expedition games. But you really can't beat Big Fish's in house hidden object games. They pretty much started the genre and still make the best ones out there. There are a lot of crappy hidden object games out there, too, many of which are on Big Fish, though not made by them. That's why I've been including the Gamezebo reviews. Casual games get a bad rep from a lot of people, but there are many good ones out there. I consider myself a serious gamer, playing many hardcore games, but casual games can be really fun, too, if you find the good ones. Like most of Popcap's games are really fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she likes the Mystery PI games too (Popcap, I think), but from watching her play both the Bigfish stuff and the MPI hidden obj games, in my opinion the Bigfish stuff seems to have better production values, and more variety. And the MPI games are pretty expensive at $20 a pop (I don't know anywhere that has them on sale). One of these days I'm going to try playing a Bigfish game myself. I just have too much of a backlog on my PS3 right now...

And I'm in for today's MCF special. Hope they do the Treasure Seeker games, they look pretty good too.

Big Fish carries all the PopCap games pretty much. $6.99 regular price every day, including Mystery PI series. They sign you up for their Game Club automatically, but you can easily cancel it when buying a game.

PopCap has a new one out that is getting great reviews. It's called The Wizard's Pen.

The Wizard's Pen
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4917/the-wizards-pen/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

This game seems to have that PopCap touch that the Mystery PI games don't.

[quote name='Otty Ott']Big Fish carries all the PopCap games pretty much. $6.99 regular price every day, including Mystery PI series.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea about this. I assumed the Popcap stuff was direct competition to BigFish, so I never guessed that you could actually get the Mystery PI games on that site. And for so much cheaper!

Gamezebo review:

"Forgotten Riddles: The Moonlight Sonatas embraces the 19th century theme with gusto. Everything from the elegant piano music (you won't want to turn the music down in this one) to charming, exquisitely designed scenes with items that are (mostly) true to the time and setting, and a poignant story told in frequent flashbacks.

"If The Moonlight Sonatas has a fault it's that, like its predecessor, the game is on the short side. However, the alternate ending at least gives players a reason to play the game twice. It's not the kind of game that will engross you for weeks or months at a time, but it's compelling fun while it lasts."

Pros: Clever and entertaining riddles. Compelling story and gameplay. New puzzle modes. Polished production values and great music.

Cons: Relatively short at 10 chapters.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/forgotten-riddles-moonlight-sonatas/review

Forgotten Riddles games are a bit different. Instead of giving you a list of items to find in a scene, these games present you with riddles that are clues to what you must find.

The games also feature lots of other puzzles and mini-games to keep things interesting.

It is nice to see a game try something a bit different in the seek and find genre.

The reviews complain that the games a bit short, but for $2.99 I guess we can't complain about that too much!

Thanks for the updates Otty! FYI, your review links always point to Abra Academy; you need to change the href as well as the text :)

Bought this one on faith. Doesn't really seem like my bag, but don't have time to play the demo, and no one has anything bad to say about it here, so I'll give it a chance.

Gamezebo review:

"Azada: Ancient Magic is a winner. Experienced players might complain about the game's relatively short length – around four hours of gameplay provided you don't get stumped on a puzzle, and even then the game allows you a limited number of hints and skips – but there definitely isn't any filler in those four hours. Every puzzle and mini-game is compelling, and there's some innovative game design at work here."

Pros: Multi-page puzzles. Interact with characters from classic literature. Great music and production values. Interesting plot. Fun mini-games add replay value.

Cons: Penalties for "wrong" clicks too harsh. On the short side.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/azada-ancient-magic/review

After a few weaker games at the beginning of this daily promotion, they have been featuring nothing but big hits the last few days. The Azada series is really good. Kind of a cross between Mystery Case Files and Myst....

Both Azada games are really great. Very different from each other, but highly polished and worth a play through.

Gamezebo review:

"A bit of tightening and a few more imaginative and colorful locations would have made Mystery in London that much better. As it stands, the game is no Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate but it still provides a decent hidden object fix and it's a good way to learn some things you didn't know about the city of London."

Pros: Challenging mini-games. Well-balanced hint system. Great music and voice-overs. Fun Facts.

Cons: Some locations are boring or too busy. Story drags. Seems a bit rushed.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars User Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/mystery-london/review

This game is something a bit different if you haven't played any of the other Travelogue 360 games like "Paris" Or "Rome". The scenes are 360 degree photos, so you have to scroll around and above you. Pretty neat unless you get motion sickness easily from games, as I do. I tried to play the first one, "Travelogue 360: Paris" and just couldn't stomach it. But if you can, it is a fun new twist to an old formula.

Mystery In London is okay. I played the demo awhile back. It is pretty strange to be able to spin around a scene in a seek and find. Wooo, made me dizzy!

bread's done
Back