SF4 (360, PS3) for $19.99 @ Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked for me, bought 2 copies today. Best Buy has plenty. But you should do this while it is still in stock online because they do check gamestop.com.

[quote name='kart007k']Gamestop is not their preferred competitior. This is very YMMV.[/QUOTE]

First of all, this isn't a deal and shouldn't be posted here since many stores have price match policies nowadays. Second, there is no such thing as a "preferred competitor" under their policy. The policy only requires that the price is from a local retailer. Gamestop is a local retailer to most Best Buy locations around the country. I realize that some Best Buy customer service people may give you a bit of a hard time, but under their policy, they are required to price match Gamestop and if you ask to speak to the district manager, I guarantee they will not deny the match. I have never had Best Buy deny any advertised price from Gamestop and they have the capability to access Gamestop's website at every Best Buy store, so they can easily confirm the price is in effect.

Wayyyyy to much hassle to do this. Rather not go to BB and get the run around about their price match policy. Easier to hit up the 20+ gamestops in my area for this. Also, this shouldn't be posted here cuz it's not a deal, just a suggestion.

Hmm best buy policies state "The guarantee does not apply to our competitors' website pricing and the guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors':" so it is YMMV I just checked the one around here and they refused it.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Wayyyyy to much hassle to do this. Rather not go to BB and get the run around about their price match policy. Easier to hit up the 20+ gamestops in my area for this. Also, this shouldn't be posted here cuz it's not a deal, just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]Worked for me with no problems. You have the ability to use a phone, you know (unless, of course, you live in a house with no phones of any kind available, which I highly doubt).

[quote name='confoosious']Wow. You're an idiot.[/QUOTE]

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Seems like lately CAG has been getting more 'dumb new posters' in the deals forum. It's like people are seeking their own personal glory, pride, and fame for finding a deal instead of being smart about it by lurking on this site for awhile and learning the ways of the land. Cats be jumping on here with bs like this like they just discovered Amazon's deals of the day for the next month.

"Look at me! I'm first."

No.

You aren't. :roll:

this thread is stupid, mod please lock, you fail topic creator

2030539771_2cf916eb49.jpg

[quote name='flare1185']Hmm best buy policies state "The guarantee does not apply to our competitors' website pricing and the guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors':" so it is YMMV I just checked the one around here and they refused it.[/QUOTE]

But it does apply if the competitor has the same price in-store as on the website which Gamestop does in this case. I'm sorry, but if you can't use a little bit of persuasion, you really aren't going to be successful in ever getting any store to do anything.

[quote name='bojay1997']But it does apply if the competitor has the same price in-store as on the website which Gamestop does in this case. I'm sorry, but if you can't use a little bit of persuasion, you really aren't going to be successful in ever getting any store to do anything.[/QUOTE]

All the persuasion in the world won't change the fact that this sale hasn't been advertised anywhere, at least not that I've seen. Unless GameStop's had a new ad come out in the past few days with this price (and I didn't see one today), there's a good chance that Best Buy will probably will say no. You could argue that that's not how the policy works, but that's how a lot of the stores tend to interpret it.

There's also the issue of the "limited quantity" and out of stock sections of Best Buy's policy, both of which could prove an issue with this sale.

People who are complaining about how PM at BestBuy does not work are just wrong. Take the game walk up to the service desk and say. "Hey GameStop has this for $20 dollars can you price match it?" The employee then rings it up as $19.99 and you leave.

Anyone saying that it does not work did not try and is talking out their ass.

P.S. I am also sure this will work at Wal-Mart.

Can someone please lock this thread...it not only fails, but there is no need, it's been discussed and suggested to death.

And as numerous others before me, PM'ing this price to BB is YMMV, plain and simple...you link everyone to their policy, but I doubt you even bothered to read it...check the second paragraph for crying out loud....

...The guarantee does not apply to our competitors' website pricing...

There is no question however that this can be done, but it must be recognized and understood that by Best Buy's policy, they don't have to honor the sale price in this particular instance, thus no one should throw a fit about their BB denying them a PM...so again.....YMMV PEOPLE!

[quote name='Shuino']People who are complaining about how PM at BestBuy does not work are just wrong. Take the game walk up to the service desk and say. "Hey GameStop has this for $20 dollars can you price match it?" The employee then rings it up as $19.99 and you leave.

P.S. I am also sure this will work at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

right about that, as soon as they confirm and pick up the phone to verify it's in stock the story ends there

[quote name='Shuino']People who are complaining about how PM at BestBuy does not work are just wrong. Take the game walk up to the service desk and say. "Hey GameStop has this for $20 dollars can you price match it?" The employee then rings it up as $19.99 and you leave.

P.S. I am also sure this will work at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have PM'd Gamestop sales at five different Best Buy locations here in Los Angeles over the past few months and not even had a moment of hesitation from the customer service person in any of the situations. It's all about going up and saying "I'd like a price match, please." and handing them the price print-out. There is no room for interpretation. The price applies in Gamestop local stores and therefore Best Buy's policy is to match it. If you get a customer service person or manager who doesn't know the policy, ask to speak to their district manager. Trust me, there will be no problem getting them to do the match.

[quote name='CaoPi']right about that, as soon as they confirm and pick up the phone to verify it's in stock the story ends there[/QUOTE]

Bingo...especially if it's a Manager...

I would go to BB and tell them the price, and ask them to call up GS to verify. They might have to make multiple calls if one store is OOS.

I remember PM'ing Beowulf at BB for $20 when GS suddenly dropped the price from $60 to $20 without an ad. Huge drop indeed. :)

BB will price match it, I have done so with Valkyrie Chronicles and a few other games. Hell had them price match the Hulk Blu Ray from another store in Philadelphia when I live in Cali. They are a direct competitor to Gamestop when it comes to gaming, the same with Target, Walmart, and Sears. Its a lot of money they fear losing business to us finicky gamers if they don't honor our demands, especially when it comes to a policy they wrote and promised to consumers.

I can't believe I just read this whole thread. I can't believe I am posting.

You can always TRY to PM any deal. I have had success PMing things that most would not even bother trying.

This is completely YMMV as said before. I worked at Circuit City, and no matter what you thought of the company (not important) the price match policy was exactly the same as BB. They say they'll match a local retail competitor, and it basically depends on the manager exactly who counts as one of them. They also say you need to bring in an ad to price match. Sure you can get many associates and managers to just do it (its just a video game, who cares? that was my attitude at least), but they don't have to do it (how some of my managers felt at times).

The policy is worded so that they can get away with not doing a price match if they don't feel like it.

As long as your local GameStop has the item in stock, and the associate does call to check stock, this is not YMMV. Very simple to do as long as you present yourself well. Bringing a printout of the advertisement from GameStop (which shows which stores locally have it in stock as of 8AM, the day of the printout,) and a copy of the Best Buy Pricing Policy is a great way to make the transaction go smoothly. They cannot deny their own policy.

Mine didn't match it, because the fine print on gamestop's website is that the $20 price tag is only valid online and not in stores. Even though it actually is valid in stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back