14 (100%)

Mad_Mail_072809_700px_site_23.jpg
Mad_Mail_072809_700px_site_24.jpg
Mad_Mail_072809_700px_site_25.jpg

Mad_Mail_072809_700px_site_65.jpg
Mad_Mail_072809_700px_site_66.jpg
Mad_Mail_072809_700px_site_67.jpg

[quote name='AceSXE']eh can anyone recommend fuel?[/QUOTE]

its okay, nothing great but its not bad either. I would wait till it gets cheaper though

I would definitely recommend Thief if, for some very odd reason, you haven't yet played it. The game may be old, but it's still engrossing.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm getting a heat wave in my pants from these good deals[/QUOTE]

Lol. This is just so wrong.

Been waiting for Last Remnant to drop in price as well, it's been $30 on Amazon for awhile.

And definitely get Thief if you've never played it for some reason.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']Nice price on COD5. Should I wait for the price to drop further or bite now? Hmm[/QUOTE]

Still pretty expensive IMO. I wouldn't be suprised if you see a COD 6 and COD 5 deal for around $60 in the near future.

[quote name='Monroeski']Arcanum is tempting as hell for some reason, though I know I could probably find it cheaper with minimal effort.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had a love hate relationship with that game. Probably spent 50 hours and if you asked me today I'd say that I hated it! but what a good premise. I think it might be worth it to have a retail box to go with my Baldur's gate, sanitarium, & deus ex.

Where do you think you can get it cheaper?

Just snagged The Simpson's Game for PS3...been wanting that for a while, free shipping would have been awesome...but $11.58 total (w/shipping and tax) still comes out cheaper than Amazon. Thought about Arcanum as well...but decided to pass.

Thanks again Cheapy...you, Tenzor, and whoever was the OP for the Midnight Club LA deal, have officially killed my wallet for the next two weeks...but it was well worth it! ;)

Secret service for 2.90 is a nice deal. It runs on cod 4 engine so cod players will feel at home and for 5 bucks shipping is a awesome game.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']As someone who played Mass Effect and liked it would I like Jade Empire as well?[/QUOTE]

Very different experiences. JE isn't bad, I enjoyed it, and at this price, if you've never played it you can't go wrong.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm getting a heat wave in my pants from these good deals[/QUOTE]

LOL

Only here at CAG can we admit to getting turned on by video game deals.

More of the same, "Shipping Kills 90% of the Deals" sale.
If I can get Street Fighter IV Mad Catz bundle for cheaper (and 2 day shipping) at Amazon, how is that a deal?
Bite the bullet, charge $49 w/ free shipping, then we can talk.

[quote name='loomis1975']I don't see any reason at the moment why Aion would be excluded.[/QUOTE]
I think I'm going to send those NCSoft people an e-mail to verify....

EDIT:
NCSoft's Support site is top-notch. Found the answer to my question quite readily. The article here confirms that the Game Time cards will work with Aion. I am currently checking to be sure the cards do not expire.

EDIT 2:
I've found nothing to suggest that the game time cards expire, and increasing the monthly subscription on any of the games seems very unlikely in the short term since Aion is slated at the same price ($15/mo) and isn't released until September.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in that Arcanum, I loved Diablo series and titan quest and sacrad, is this game similar to them? It got very solid reviews, any B&M sells this game?

[quote name='Poor2More']I am interested in that Arcanum, I loved Diablo series and titan quest and sacrad, is this game similar to them? It got very solid reviews, any B&M sells this game?[/QUOTE]
Not really. More like the Baldur's Gate series.

[quote name='Monroeski']Not really. More like the Baldur's Gate series.[/QUOTE]

Any recomendations for similar games such as Diablo?

[quote name='Poor2More']Any recomendations for similar games such as Diablo?[/QUOTE]

Dungeon Siege and Divine Divinity are what I can think of off the top of my head... sadly, there aren't really a lot of worthy games in the Diablo vein of gaming.

In case anyone else is looking to clean up on the PlayNC Game Time cards, here's the deal:
1) Works for Aion, won't expire in the foreseeable future. (Aion is released in mid September, which isn't that far off any more)
2) Cost is $18.90. First one brings you to minimum shipping (2.99).
3) Shipping is weird for multiple cards. You can get 1 at $2.99 shipping, and you can throw in a game for $3.29 total ($0.30 more). You can also get 2 cards for $3.29. For 3 cards or 3 total items it jumps to $5.99, and from there it's $1 more for each one.

So basically, with a large enough quantity or if you were going to get games anyway, it's $20 each. I think I'm going to order 2 at the end of the day, but if anyone wants to jump in on this we might be able to split shipping and use Paypal to pay for the codes (could just e-mail the code to avoid a second shipping). Anyone interested? I'd also be interested in seeing who else is planning to play Aion.

[quote name='Poor2More']I am interested in that Arcanum, I loved Diablo series and titan quest and sacrad, is this game similar to them? It got very solid reviews, any B&M sells this game?[/QUOTE]

Did you play either Fallout 1 or 2? It's from the same developers, and a bit of a spiritual successor.

I agree that the PlayNC cards are a great deal. Grabbed two. Between those and the one I just used, I'm good on CoH till Christmas.

[quote name='Salmonday']I agree that the PlayNC cards are a great deal. Grabbed two. Between those and the one I just used, I'm good on CoH till Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that the PlayNC cards are under "Everyday low prices." Now, I doubt that means that they'll be available for $18.90 indefinitely. It may be more like they just bought a whole bunch of them to resell (or otherwise came into possession of them) this one time, so it's not really part of the 48 hr madness. Food for thought.

Wow. Arcanum's got to be at least six years old. I hadn't thought of that game for a long time, didn't think they were still selling copies in stores... if you like RPG's, $10 is a good price for it, but boy is it ever going to feel dated now. Hmm, maybe with the widescreen/high res mod it would look pretty okay. I should try that with my own copy.

Do you guys think the Arcanum is the BIG BOX Retail Copy? That's the only reason I would get it. To sit next to my big box Baldur's Gate and Deus Ex.

Warning: Arcanum will seem very dated. The combat was pretty hanky-janky even back in the day. Magic users were over-powered compared to tech characters unless you made a molotov only character. Even then. Fallout 1 & 2 hold up much, much better. But I still put a lot of hours into that game. It's a love/hate thing.

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't want to be that guy, but that is a *horrible* deal on Painkiller Overdose... you can snag that one on Steam for $5 straight up if you want it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3270/

$20 + shipping is robbery.

Also, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory retail uses Starforce DRM, so buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

Last 48 hour madness sale they had Painkiller Black (Original and Battle out of Hell) for i think 4.90 (more for shipping). But the moment i saw how much that was priced for i think i crapped my pants.

bread's done
Back