Gamestop - Scribblenauts DS Preorder Bonus - Rooster Hat!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
Reserve Scribblenauts and receive a GameStop Exclusive Scribblenauts Rooster Hat. Now you can look just like Scribblenauts star Maxwell without going through the hassle of turning yourself into a cartoon character. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Scribblenauts.gif

If it doesn't come with that jar, I'm going to fill jipped. :lol:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74879

ok, just went to look at the preorder, and noticed there is going to be a strategy guide. Seriously, you can input almost anything into this game, WHY WOULD YOU NEED A STRAT GUIDE?

.....also, ROOSTER HAT! :bouncy:

This is a great freebie, but seeing as how I already have a closet full of preorder junk, I'll buy it from whoever has the lowest price. And good luck actually GETTING one of these from your local GameStop, btw. "No, home office never sent us those, but we'll call you if they show up. Would you like to put $5 down on _____?"

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula'] And good luck actually GETTING one of these from your local GameStop, btw. "No, home office never sent us those, but we'll call you if they show up. Would you like to put $5 down on _____?"[/QUOTE]

I'm going to order online, which hopefully will ensure that I get the hat. Use SAVER if you do this to get free shipping.

ahhh.....
Are you guys really going to wear that ugly.. I mean.. awesome hat?
If so, please take a picture and post it to cag.
:)

I was going to preorder this game anyway (and I NEVER preorder anything) but this just seals the deal.

Anyone think this game will become hard to find like many other DS games? I mean, it's published by Warner Bros. but still, you never know.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I was going to preorder this game anyway (and I NEVER preorder anything) but this just seals the deal.

Anyone think this game will become hard to find like many other DS games? I mean, it's published by Warner Bros. but still, you never know.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say with DS games. I have over 330 DS games, and I still can't figure out which ones are suppose to be rare and which ones aren't. Some that were suppose to be rare, arent now, and ones that weren't rare are now, its like they change status over time from rare to not rare, so your guess is as good as mine :D

Dangnabbit, I preordered at Amazon for $25.19 including the ECA discount. If only that came with the hat...

But I'm not going to pay $8 extra (including tax) for a promo I'd honestly never use that only loosely looks like a rooster hat.

[quote name='Caliburn']Dangnabbit, I preordered at Amazon for $25.19 including the ECA discount. If only that came with the hat...

But I'm not going to pay $8 extra (including tax) for a promo I'd honestly never use that only loosely looks like a rooster hat.[/QUOTE]

Well the rooster hat in the game doesnt look like a rooster hat either, so I guess this is probably more accurate to the game. You should get this to go with your Mario Hat in my opinion :eek:

I just did a pre-order, and the title of the item doesn't mention bonus, nor is there a seperate item listing for it on the order. Last time I remember doing a pre-order was for Chulip many years ago, and I think I remember the keychain for it being mentioned in some fashion.

Might there be a problem?

I'll be pissed off if GS doesn't give me my rooster hat. I'm still mad that I never got my Valkyria Chronicles artbook. I cancelled that pre-order and will do the same this time. In fact, I already have 2 other pre-orders at this GS so I feel sorry for the person that has to tell me that they don't have the Rooster hat.

Might pre-order a second copy at another GS and just go with whoever gives me the freebie.

LOL @ that hat.

I want to pre-order that game just for the hat too, and I don't even have a DS! XD Silly, I know.

Wow I want that hat. I am certainly not going trust Gamestop.com though to deliver it. I'm thinking that I could just preorder it the Friday before it comes out, and ask for the hat at that time, as this never seems to fail to secure your bonus.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Scribblenauts looks like it'll be a sleeper hit, and I bet it'll be fantastic :D[/QUOTE]

I don't know how this could be a sleeper. It seems to be getting a lot of press.

[quote name='Caliburn']Dangnabbit, I preordered at Amazon for $25.19 including the ECA discount. If only that came with the hat...

But I'm not going to pay $8 extra (including tax) for a promo I'd honestly never use that only loosely looks like a rooster hat.[/QUOTE]

I feel pretty much the same way, except I got it for $23.79 with ECA, since it was in my quick picks. If not for ECA, I'd probably get it from GS, but I'm not paying an extra $9, even if it is trade credit, for the "free" hat.

Side note/off topic: My quick picks have really been improving the past few days. When I got Scribblenauts, I also got Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, and today I have 8 games -

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP)
Little King's Story (Wii)
7 Wonders 2 (DS)
Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders (DS)
Mass Effect 2 (360)
Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition (Wii)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)

The only ones I am really considering are Zelda and Metroid. I'll be getting ME2 directly from EA, and I've never been able to get into the Kingdom Hearts series, or gaming on my PSP.

[quote name='guessed']I feel pretty much the same way, except I got it for $23.79 with ECA, since it was in my quick picks. If not for ECA, I'd probably get it from GS, but I'm not paying an extra $9, even if it is trade credit, for the "free" hat.[/QUOTE]
I need all the excuses I can to use up my GS credit, since those games don't show up when I review my end-of-month budget numbers in Quicken with my wife. :lol: So I'll eat the $9 for a goofy hat, much like I am eating $14 for a Metroid Prime t-shirt.

yeah i already pre ordered from amazon. cool freebie though but i refuse to deal with gamestop anymore, to many bad experiences

Hopefully my GS will have the preorder hat when I pick up the game, haven't preordered from GS before so I don't know which stores suck when it comes to preorders. I guess if they don't have it I'll just return the game and buy it somewhere else.

I can only hope that Amazon will get this bonus (not likely with the GameStop Exclusive logo on the pic), but I too indeed preordered one online.

I'm going to be taking a special trip to GS this weekend just to preorder this. If that hat fits me (something tells me it'll be like the Halo SE helmet) I'll change my avatar to a picture of me wearing it. It'll be totally awesome. I suggest others do the same.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I'm going to be taking a special trip to GS this weekend just to preorder this. If that hat fits me (something tells me it'll be like the Halo SE helmet) I'll change my avatar to a picture of me wearing it. It'll be totally awesome. I suggest others do the same.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of displaying the rooster hat on my Halo Helmet. That would look freaking amazing.

I really want to pre-order his but I've got enough games pre-ordered on Gamestop and the price difference between Gamestop and Amazon really adds up. It's anywhere from $15 to $20 more per game at Gamestop versus Amazon.

[quote name='Denbo32']I was thinking of displaying the rooster hat on my Halo Helmet. That would look freaking amazing.[/QUOTE]

Add on the Modern Warfare 2 NVGs and you'll have one sexy Spartan.

Cheap game @ Amazon or Bitching/retarded rooster hat that would make me look like a jackass... these are the choices of my life it seems...

[quote name='Denbo32']I was thinking of displaying the rooster hat on my Halo Helmet. That would look freaking amazing.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I plan on doing with it.

I'm totally in for one. I was going to get the game anyway, so this is a nice bonus. I'm also glad that they took North American adult head sizes into account.

As for that glass, well, I'm sure you can find the very same kind at Ikea or Target for very cheap. :)

If Amazon eventually gets this preorder bonus, I'll cancel at Gamestop. For the moment, however, only Gamestop has it. I put down a preorder yesterday. This is the first game in a long time I've preordered, and I had actually been planning to do it simply to support the developer, before I even knew there was a preorder bonus. This game just deserves love.

bread's done
Back