GameStop Launches "The Deal" - Grand Theft Auto IV (360-Used) $20 Before Discounts

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-r=5198]8491[/IMG-r]GameStop has launched a new daily deal promotion, aptly named "The Deal". In addition to a daily sale, this new section of the site acts as a hub for "other price drops, bonus offers and weekly ad specials."

Today's deal is Grand Theft Auto IV (360-Used) for $19.99.

Use coupon code CAG16 and your Edge card to save an additional 16% and 10%. Code SAVER provides free shipping on orders over $25.

GameStop now offers select used games with case and manual, and this is one of them. "This is a pre-owned game that has been handpicked to be in the best condition and is guaranteed to have the original art and instructions."

:360: Grand Theft Auto IV (360-USED) $19.99 - GameStop's The Deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupon code PLAYME gives free ground shipping on all used games, no need for $25 minimum.

I think the launch was the SFIV sale because that same banner ad was used just with SFIV pasted in.

I hope a few good games I dont have get dealed, and with bigger price cuts.

[quote name='yukine']I like the idea, although not getting a case/manual would kinda suck.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, buying used games online from Gamestop should be a little less like rolling the dice.

[quote name='yukine']I like the idea, although not getting a case/manual would kinda suck.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy, you should include this in the OP:

This is a pre-owned game that has been handpicked to be in the best condition and is guaranteed to have the original art and instructions.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Cheapy, you should include this in the OP:

This is a pre-owned game that has been handpicked to be in the best condition and is guaranteed to have the original art and instructions.[/QUOTE]

Good call, especially since if you just looked at the little product box it still says that it's NOT guaranteed to have them. I missed the notice you're talking about the first time I looked as well. Thanks, I think I'll bite in that case.

I have never had a problem bringing the online receipt and game to a B&M Gamestop and exchanging for one with a case. I think they would be happy to do it in this situation (since all gamestops prolly have like 30 copies of GTA 4 360 used)

Anyone else having trouble getting the PLAYME coupon to work?

I get this message when I go to pay:

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:pLAYME - Free Ground shipping on all used games."

CAG16 and Edge were applied no problem, but the shipping and tax would bring it back up to almost 20.

[quote name='bvharris']Anyone else having trouble getting the PLAYME coupon to work?

I get this message when I go to pay:

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:pLAYME - Free Ground shipping on all used games."

CAG16 and Edge were applied no problem, but the shipping and tax would bring it back up to almost 20.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem to be working for me, either.

Maybe it doesn't stack with the promo for whatever GameStop reason. I'll try it on something not GTAIV.

Hmm... seems to not be working at all anymore, sorry guys. Normally I double check, but I got lazy this morning.

[quote name='Skoad']Maybe it doesn't stack with the promo for whatever GameStop reason. I'll try it on something not GTAIV.

Hmm... seems to not be working at all anymore, sorry guys.[/QUOTE]

You're right, the correct explanation is probably "some GameStop reason", seriously. :D

If the code has expired, the deal is a little less palatable. Me no like pay for shipping.

[quote name='killer9']SAVER works[/QUOTE]
Must have an order of at least $25 for this, which is what the original post used to say until I woke up and decided to ruin everything.

[quote name='killer9']skoad how did you get playme to work it wont for me[/QUOTE]

He didn't, the coupon is expired.

Unfortunately I bought the other games I wanted as filler with SFIV, so I'm hard pressed to come up with something I want to add in here.

Woo Hoo, Grandson of the old daily morning update, kind of.

I like these daily deal things, hopefully some good deals will come out of this.

WOW!!! Gamestop is actually giving us a 'deal' AND guaranteeing that the game will come complete?

Next thing you know they'll actually be giving GOOD trade values, but that's asking too much.

It only took them six months to catch up to Blockbuster just about on the used price for this game.

Although, between this and the 'temporary markdown sale' on Street Fighter and those other games, this may be a sign that someone at Gamestop corporate finally woke up and realized people actually like a real deal every once and again. Now if only they could drop the price on Uncharted and all of those Ebay priced 'rare' games they sell.

what a great way for Eb to get rid of the copies some half a$$ manager took in without a case ,manual and/or used for sanding a cement floor, that most wouldn't buy in the store no matter the price LOL

[quote name='mercilessming']what a great way for Eb to get rid of the copies some half a$$ manager took in without a case ,manual...[/QUOTE]
It comes with a case and manual.

I've ordered a few used, *not* guaranteed to have case/manual, games recently from gamestop.com and they came with case and manual and were pristine. In fact they didn't even have those annoying stickers all over them! You are taking a chance, but your chances aren't zero of getting complete and good condition stuff, perhaps even getting better then brick-and-mortar. In this case you are getting complete for certain, and probably pristine.

I'll keep my eye on these deals, though this one doesn't interest me.

[quote name='KongaKing']Online only or will the daily deals be in store for the day also?[/QUOTE]

From the website:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms of offer subject to change at any time. No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is only available online.

man I think we have amazon to thank for this. Gamestop finally having to start being competitive. That and the piss poor economy, great deal.

Great to see this game of the day stuff but if you didn't get it at launch or at BBV for $14.99 or at HWV for 5 bucks well you need to pay more attention to these forums. I saw this game like everywhere I went for under $20.

It's about time Gamestop takes a step to compete with other online retailers, where u can get the games cheaper @ free shipping.

[quote name='deletion']I'm surprised, gamestop have really stepped up with all these promos and deals.[/QUOTE]

I think they felt the heat from, AMAZON's trade in which is my new Favorite place to do Trade ins.

Buying 10 copies of Pure at Best Buy for $10, and then AMAZON gave me $18 per each, I know love AMAZON

thats 80% profit boost, and Free cool stuff for me.

Plus Gamestop is feeling the heat from, Best Buy and Its Trade in program.

So Gamestop's way to fight back, is to try and build some customer loyalty, and acceptance of Its ONLINE process by Offering some Cheap online Games, with some Discount codes. None of which is costing them anything.

I think I 'll keep my Money and put it Towards the Next GTA4 Expansion Pack which does not even require the GTA 4 Disk

[quote name='newlu']Can be had for $5 at HV anyway, still a pretty good deal if you have some cheap GS credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get some $5 copies at HWV, but I've yet to find a Game Crazy-less HWV near me.

Seems like the deal has changed? Link in the OP now takes me to an ad for "Buy Fallout 3 pre-owned on Playstation 3 for only $27.99!".

This is a pretty good idea. I'll keep my expectations low, though. I suspect once in a great while we'll be pleasantly surprised with the deal, just like the Amazon Deal of the Day.

Plus I have credit here, which sweetens the deal.

[quote name='Ravenlock']Seems like the deal has changed? Link in the OP now takes me to an ad for "Buy Fallout 3 pre-owned on Playstation 3 for only $27.99!".[/QUOTE]

I saw that too. Do a search for "grand theft auto" in the sidebar of GS's site though, and it will come up. GTAIV - $19.99.

Thanks for the heads up, Cheapy!

I remember buying 6 copies of GTA4 from Hollywood video? at $15 per copy and it was a buy 1 get 1 free deal so I got them for $7.50 each. Then I traded them all in to Gamestop and made a bunch of money :D

Heh, I remember Black Friday '08 sale, I picked it up GTA IV new for 360 for only $10 at Wal-Mart, they had a display of them marked $10 so I was like sweet! But this ain't bad deal for those who missed out.

bread's done
Back