Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Their checkout is secure. Website looks and works pretty fancy. Never heard of it at all though. PS3 game prices don't seem the best.. but eh.

Edit: Their selling feature looks real good though. Maybe too good to be true actually. GTAIV in excellent condition for $20 profit if sold at their suggested sale price.

I would be a bit leary of that site too, after my incident with zipzoomfly(it involved getting my lawyer to get my refund back) i'm not going to go to another company that does business like that again.

Sounds like they're the middle man where you put in an order for a game and it ships from someone else who has it for sale.

[quote name='squishface']I would be a bit leary of that site too, after my incident with zipzoomfly(it involved getting my lawyer to get my refund back) i'm not going to go to another company that does business like that again.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, besides whatever your personal incident/experience was with Zipzoomfly, you do understand that they are not only a verified and "credible" company...this however seems to have sprung up overnight.

Anyone willing to take one for the team and order something on the cheap?

I tried it, ordered a DVD for $3 shipped. The thread on SD has a lot of replies so it looks legit. Worst case scenario, I have to dispute the charge with my CC company

I doubt it is legit. They have a copy of Nintendo pennant chase baseball for the GC and that game was canceled. Sounds like a scam site to me.

Holy crap...
:ps2: X-Men: Next Dimension for $66

I did not enjoy it one bit when I rented it from Blockbuster years ago...why would it be worth more than the cost of a new current-gen game?

On the brighter side of things, the used prices do seem very cheap with reasonable shipping. Lots of PS2 games and various Xbox 360 Games for sale. (Halo Wars for $25??)

From personal experience, they are indeed legit. I have bought several dvd's in the past from them and got them within a week. Especially with coupons, where I paid almost nothing for them.

LMAO!!!!!!! Holy COW!!!!
That's a Damnation shame, I think this is a rip in the time space, this site is actually in the early 90's and they charge these insane prices for garbage items, and 20 years from now you will be able to get Gears of War for $100.00 shipped.

Just joking by the way, checked out the site, not too bad, Gears of War is 9 bucks, sweet.

I have ordered 3 games from them. The seller for one of the games I ordered had recently been reported as advertising previous rentals as complete non-rentals. Just in case there was an issue with my copy, Glyde gave me a $5 credit that could be directly deposited back into my account. On top of that, if there was a problem with my copy, I could still return it and get my money back. In short, I was given $5 by Glyde simply because there was a chance my copy would be bad. That impressed me greatly. Glyde is totally legit. My transactions through them are proof of that. They're basically a sort of ebay/goozex hybrid. I will definitely be doing business with them again.

edit:
There was an issue with my copy from that seller, as Glyde suspected there would be. I chose to keep the game anyway. It wasn't a rental, but rather a previous Game Crazy disc only where they recreate the outer box art and there was no manual. The other two games I ordered arrived in exactly the condition they were advertised in. The shipping was super fast too. Received the games about a week after ordering them. Overall, wonderful experience.

edit - edit:
If I had one complaint it would be that if I chose to return that game, they make me pay to ship it back and although you get your money back on the base price of the game, you do not get your shipping cost back. In other words if you try to return a game that was $8 + $3 shipping, you only get $8 back.

I'll bite the bullet.... Phantom Hourglass for 13 bucks....shipped....that game is never on sale. I've taken larger risks before.

Hm . . . Their interface is interesting, but if they ever get any significant number of items/sellers, it's going to suck terribly. If you look at the rock CD listing, you can already see the problem developing.

I'm hesitant to give it a try if for no other reason than as far as I can find there's no clear definition given of what exactly they mean by, for example, "good" condition (which seems to be what a majority of things are listed as).

Ok, gave it a try with a cheap PS2 game (Lord of the Rings: The Third Age). If it turns out to be a scam, or the condition turns out to not be what I'd want, I'm only out $1.31 after the coupon.

One thing that I don't like is that they appear to store your credit card number (after you purchase something, it shows up as your "default payment method" on any listings you look at after that). I know that a lot of places do that these days, but I don't know how secure these guys are. I used a "Virtual Account Number" from my credit card company with a very low limit on it, so I'm not terribly concerned, but it's something to consider. If your credit card offers something like the Virtual Account Number service, you may want to use it.

EDIT: Ok, finally got an explanation of the condition grading in the order confirmation email:

The item should be in Good condition, defined as "Game plays perfectly. Case may have some visible superficial scratches, but no cracks or damage. No personal stickers or writing on the disc or case. May be a previous rental."
Sounds like it might not be in what I would consider to be "good" condition, but apparently I'm picky. Why the hell do they seem to be more concerned about the condition of the case than of the game disc? Cases are replaceable. And what about the manual? Oh well, that's just a general description, so hard to tell what this particular game will be. Maybe I'll get lucky. Not likely to buy another "good" item from them again, though.

Was going to pick up a cheap 360 game but can't find any to buy even with discount (to try out the site). They probably disappear from the options as people buy them.

[quote name='DAWG26']How do you buy more than one item?[/QUOTE]

Probably with separate orders. Remember, this isn't a single-seller site, it's more like half.com or ebay, where all of the listings are from different people.

Odd that they don't give you the opportunity to buy multiple items from the same seller on one order, though. This site is very strangely designed, more form than functionality. I guess it does say it's a "beta".

this reminds me of back when our Wal-Mart carried two copies of Rise of the Robots for SNES with a price tag of $69.99 well into the PS2 life cycle...

Well I was psyched to order something.. but... The first Item I tried, said someone else bought it first... then my coupon code wasn't any good anymore!! So I tried another item with a different code.. same deal.. and it disabled that code.. So I tried ONE last time.. SAME THING.. So it disabled all my coupon codes and never ordered a single thing!!

Lame.
~Capn

Hey all. Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi" and that I work for Glyde. I saw this thread and thought I might be able to help.

You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll make that info easier to find.

Also, the coupon code problem mentioned by CaptainPiracy is a bug, but we're already working on a fix and it should be out soon. In the meantime, if this happened to you or you have any other issues, just send an email at service-at-glyde.com and one of us will be happy to help you out from there.

Sorry for the hiccups, but I hope that helps. We're young and still have some kinks to work out, but we definitely want to make our customers happy.

p.s. If it's against CAG's policies for company employees to posting like this, I'll :whistle2:#.

Hey Cagney&Lacey, if you wanted you could pm CheapyD and ask if you could post your site on here, like this one posted (not sure if you have too, but I believe so). I started this thread and am trying to edit it decently, but if you wanted to open another thread with this deal then you could, and I would have this one deleted. You probably have a better idea of your company than me, as far as updates and everything, haha.

Can you stack the coupon codes, and how do you do it if yes? And are the prices going up, because someone said Halo Wars was 25 and it says 45 before coupon code now.

Lot of really good deals on there but I'm always weary of buying used when I can't see an actual picture of the item. I'm a stickler for cases, artworks, and manuals.

I bought Rock Band from them back in late June. Item arrived in a nice Glyde bubble media mailer. They send follow-up emails asking if the item was in the condition it was described. You can contest it from that point if it isn't and they mediate. Solid company and I would do business through them again.

I'd liken it to an Ebay with a bit more control on the items that get bought and sold. They seem to take positive strides to make sure people aren't selling "Good" or "Excellent" condition games when they're scratched and abused to hell.

I caught a "lottery" coupon code back when I ordered from them. It gave a random dollar amount up to $5 max. I got the $5 so I ordered RB for $10 shipped. Sadly the Movie Gallery/Hollywood sale popped up and I spotted RB for $5 there. Still, they're solid and I would recommend them to most anyone in search of a decent deal on the items they sell.

They also deal in comics and various books that are priced between decent and ripoff....specifically some really great deals on Transformers TBP's, but then others were absolutely ridiculous. It's priced by the seller though, so I can't blame Glyde and I simply move along to the next item in the list.

[quote name='Cagney&Lacey']You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I tried clicking on the grey circle with an "i", and nothing happened. I guess I didn't hover long enough. Not exactly intuitive.

So you're saying that "good" condition games don't have to include the manual? I assume this to be the case, since in my experience most "former rentals" do not include a manual, and you mention the manual nowhere in your description.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk about this, but if there's no manual, it's not even vaguely in "good" condition. For that matter, if there's a scratch -- light or no -- on the disc, it's not in "good" condition either. There is no such thing as a scratch from "normal wear" -- if you handle the disc as you should, keeping it in either the case or the console at all times, there's no reason for it to get scratched. It sounds like what you're calling "good" should be called "acceptable" at best.

I'm picky about the condition of my games, and your descriptions are leaving too much to chance, so I don't think you'll be seeing any more business from me. Sorry.

Arcane, just to let you know the copy of Rock Band I mentioned earlier was pristine yet listed as "good" on the site. It also came complete. I think the big thing is it all depends on the seller. If the seller misrepresents a product, you simply contest it, post-sale and I'm pretty sure you get your money back and Glyde takes action against the seller.

How about if a game is going to be disc only, or without instructions, you put that. That's why people buy in store. Disc only, even with a replacement case, isn't in 'good' condition. It's bottom of the barrel. It's a notch above unplayable.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Ummm, besides whatever your personal incident/experience was with Zipzoomfly, you do understand that they are not only a verified and "credible" company...this however seems to have sprung up overnight.

Anyone willing to take one for the team and order something on the cheap?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that they were at one point. When I purchased what was supposed to be brand new RAM ended up being faulty broken RAM with a credit card. My purchase sent up a red flag with the bank. The bank doing their job, calls me to make sure nobody stole my card. I knew I should have denied the charges. Their inability to provide any type of actual customer service or zzf mgmt to handle my problem. They refused to give me a full refund. Has the same characteristics of a fly by night company such as what this one seems to be. Long story short, I had to get my lawyer involved so that I could get a full refund.
I guess the only people that work for zzf are the ones who take the orders over the phone. I never heard from any mgmt the entire time. I don't really care anymore cuz I got my money and now I boycott them. I got a few businesses to join me too.
I was suprised but not now at how many complaints by the bbb zzf has had against them. I didn't learn about that until after the mess started.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Arcane, just to let you know the copy of Rock Band I mentioned earlier was pristine yet listed as "good" on the site. It also came complete. I think the big thing is it all depends on the seller. If the seller misrepresents a product, you simply contest it, post-sale and I'm pretty sure you get your money back and Glyde takes action against the seller.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the thing is that their definition of "good" allows for product that is, in my mind, not "good" at all. I can't contest it (or, well, it wouldn't be right to contest it) if the product does fit within their description of "good" but doesn't fit within my definition of "good". Let's face it -- by their definition, "good" allows for a game that's an obvious rental, with scratches, no manual, shelf wear, and a replaced case -- all in one package! Does it even require that the original cover art be included? It's not clear. So as long as their definition is so far off from mine and allows for such a wide range of possibilities, it's not worthwhile. I might get lucky and get one like you did that's pristine, but there are no guarantees.

I might consider them for "excellent" or "new" titles, because there's less margin of error with those, but honestly, I don't have enough incentive to dig through their site as much as I'd have to in order to find those. It's too much of a pain, the prices on those aren't that great for the most part, and it seems like the majority of their listings are in the "good" category. Maybe if they made it possible to filter the listings by condition I might feel more inclined to take a quick look through every now and then, but without that it's not worth the effort.

What it comes down to is that they need a way for the seller to enter more specific details -- maybe even specifically ask them about condition (check boxes for "light scratches", "missing manual", "damaged case", etc.). Give the general terms for quick reference, but also give the buyer more specific information before ordering. One of the reasons why I will buy used games from half.com or Amazon, but won't buy them from the Gamestop website (because it's even less descriptive than this), is that half.com and Amazon allow the seller to enter a detailed description (and to contact the seller for more info if needed, which this site doesn't seem to allow). On those sites, I feel like I know what I'm getting. Here, I don't.

Yeah, you're right, it all depends on the seller -- but it's up to the site to provide the seller with a means to clearly describe what's being sold, and there is none here. Leaving it to a single word (and one with such a vague range of possibilities at that) makes it way too YMMV for me to put my money into it.

Edit: Oh yeah -- the other thing that half.com and Amazon do that this site doesn't is let me know who the sellers are, and show me ratings from other people who have purchased from them. I don't like the large amount of anonymity here. The seller could be a jerk who ships slowly and screws half of the people he deals with, and I'd have no way of knowing it before ordering from him.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more this site appears to be an epic failure to me. I'd love to have another good source for games, but this isn't it.

bread's done
Back