Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flips
Here is a list of viable flips from other retailers to Amazon. Since the TIVs are very fluid and could change at any point, check the TIV of the game in the Amazon trade-in store first before going out to buy that game to flip. Please post any good flips you find (including the price of the game) or when a game’s Amazon TIV drops dramatically. I will update these lists accordingly.

If you’re on your smartphone and can’t view the TIVs on Amazon’s website, here’s a link that takes ‘snapshots’ of TIVs. It’s not in real time, but it can give you a quick idea of what the values are on your mobile: http://tradeharvest.x10hosting.com/ (Thanks to kojubat)
Here's another tool you can use to obtain TIVs categorized by system: http://ativ.scurker.com (Thanks to BlueLobstah)

Flip for Trade-In of the Day:
(Store - Format - Title - Price/Bonus 1 (Edge, ECA) / Bonus 2 (Coupon) --> Amazon TIV

No new flip...

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, you could have created an account with the name 'AmazonTradein' to specifically use for this thread. That way, whenever the torch is passed you can just pass off the account. It allows you to have multiple moderators of the thread to update flips or DotD as well, if you wanted.

Damn! Prince of Persia could be had at $31 for 3 copies. Now they are $16 TIV each. I should have cleaned my GS during B2G1

[quote name='Montes']Damn! Prince of Persia could be had at $31 for 3 copies. Now they are $16 TIV each. I should have cleaned my GS during B2G1[/QUOTE]
You can still flip four of them using the 25% coupon + 10% EDGE for a loss of ~$1.50 plus tax each. You still stand to gain $20 from the deal, which isn't horrible.

[quote name='mkernan']I'm the guy who got two codes in the same email and one didn't work.

I waited a day to see if a separate email would come and it never did. So, I emailed customer service a few hours ago. I'll post an update when I figure out what the deal is.

Is it common for them to send out a promo code that's invalid that like? The message doesn't say its already used, it says it isn't recognized.[/QUOTE]

Well, I heard back from customer service this morning. They apologized that I wasn't able to redeem my code and that they verified that it was valid. They said they went ahead and redeemed it on my account for me but that I wouldn't see it in my gift card balance, that it would just apply automatically.

I've verified already; anytime I try to buy a video game, it shows a $30 promotion discount coming off automatically. So, problem fixed.

[quote name='mkernan']Well, I heard back from customer service this morning. They apologized that I wasn't able to redeem my code and that they verified that it was valid. They said they went ahead and redeemed it on my account for me but that I wouldn't see it in my gift card balance, that it would just apply automatically.

I've verified already; anytime I try to buy a video game, it shows a $30 promotion discount coming off automatically. So, problem fixed.[/QUOTE]

are we suppose to see the code on our giftcard balance page?

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']are we suppose to see the code on our giftcard balance page?[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't show there (or anywhere). The only indication I see is when I try to buy something game related, it automatically takes off $30 at checkout. For clarity, here's the exact wording from the email I received back:

"Hello,

I'm sorry that you were unable to use one of the promotional claim code you have received.

I checked the promotional code and found it is valid. To avoid further inconvenience, I've redeemed the code under your account.

Your available promotional certificate balance appears in the payment section when you place an order, you'll see eligible funds automatically applied. The balance doesn't appear in Your Account (you'll only see the gift card balance there).

Your current promotional certificate balance of $30.00 is available to buy item(s) shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll find complete guidelines for using your promotional funds here:

http://www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate

We look forward to seeing you again soon."

The coupon won't expire till next year, and even if I pre-order something that's not out till after then, it will still work fine?

Want to get whatever FFXIII special edition they release with mine, assuming that gets listed before december... Not a massive FF fan, but I just feel like it for this one(and probably versus).

Vortextk - I plan on doing similar things (preordering games that aren't out this year before Dec 31st assuming they become available). Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one I was considering. I think as long as you pay in full with your gift card balance (from trades) then the order is finalized and the coupon sticks. It seems less certain if you use a credit card since they don't charge that until it ships. But I guess we should find out soon enough with the Beatles Rock Band SE preorders that many of us put in since that comes out after the 50% coupon expires.

Well demon's souls is paid off in credit but whatever I use the second coupon on probably won't be. I'm only doing another trade-in because I decided to get a used ds off amazon, so I might as well get some credit instead of having to pay full cash as well as the coupon code. Doubtful I'll have any credit leftover.

Guess I'll just wait and if they finalize a special edition of the game for me to get, maybe shoot an e-mail off to amazon then to make sure it'll work.

There is still one thing i dont understand about the coupon. Say you are buying a $27 game. You apply the coupon code. Now can u use it again for the three dollars it still has for another order or will it not work? Also, can you use two of these in one order?

Oh man the Prince of Perasia DOTD was great. Got 4 copies at $10.34 after discount since it was tagged incorrectly.

[quote name='whatup5']There is still one thing i dont understand about the coupon. Say you are buying a $27 game. You apply the coupon code. Now can u use it again for the three dollars it still has for another order or will it not work? Also, can you use two of these in one order?[/QUOTE]
Would like to know as well.
Thanks

[quote name='62t']Oh man the Prince of Perasia DOTD was great. Got 4 copies at $10.34 after discount since it was tagged incorrectly.[/QUOTE]

You lucky bastard! I found one tagged $18.99 and they said someone forgot to reprice so I couldn't have it for that. Or rather, they said I could but they couldn't combine that with the 25% off coupon (which made it $17.54). They made it sound like there was no way to adjust the price when using the 25% off coupon. That may be, but I know in the past they could have just discounted them to what the coupon would have been and just not used the actual coupon code (a cool manager I used to know would have done this in a heartbeat - but, being a cool GS manager, he of course moved on to better things). I guess I also could have taken the $18.99 minsu Edge to make it $17.09. The problem was I was buying another game that needed to be paired with the PoP for the discount so instead of arguing about it I just paid the $17.54.

At another store I got hit with my first stealth refurb fee, but luckily I noticed it on the screen and had 7 games anyway so I pulled that one out. It barely had a mark on it too :bomb:.

But anyway, that's all about GS. I got a mess of stuff for Amazon but need a few more. I need one more FNR4 to make it two full $60+ trades. Then I might try to get another PoP and another KH Chain of Memories.

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that during the Final Fantasy VI GBA trade in deal of the day, I traded in three cart only copies, and all three came through as accepted today. After already sending that trade in off, I read discouraging comments about cart only GBA trade ins, but in this case I had no problem.

Not to go too off topic, but I noticed a lot of people in the old thread complaining about never having good gold box deals. Quite awhile back I groomed my list of recommended items to reflect only videogames. I was rewarded with being able to pre-order NSMBWii, Sports Resort and a couple of other games for under $40 (after the common Amazon pre-order discount, the quick pik discount and 10% off).

Since then I have looked at other random things quite a bit and made orders for people's birthdays and so I was getting very strange things showing up and once in a while I would get one strange item or none at all in my quick picks. So Tuesday and Wednesday evenings I spent about an hour or two grooming my list again, rating things I already have or did not want that were related to the things I wanted to show up. It takes a while, but I was again rewarded with being able to pre-order Uncharted 2 yesterday for $48 and check out the list of quick picks I had today.

Already have:
A Bug's Life (BD)

Crap:
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii)

Meh:
Quantum of Solace (BD)

Golden:
Summon Night: Twin Age (DS)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
Scribblenauts (DS)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS)
Metroid: Other M (Wii)

So as you can see it may be a bit hard and definitely frustrating to groom your recommendations, but it definitely pays off. After Amazon's lower than MSRP+Quick Pick discount+10% ECA, I pre-ordered LoZ, Scribblenauts, M&L and Metroid:OM for $30.05 off of retail (Oh, and Uncharted 2 yesterday for $12 off MSRP).

So instead of complaining, just spend some time with your recommendations. It really does work.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Not to go too off topic, but I noticed a lot of people in the old thread complaining about never having good gold box deals. Quite awhile back I groomed my list of recommended items to reflect only videogames. I was rewarded with being able to pre-order NSMBWii, Sports Resort and a couple of other games for under $40 (after the common Amazon pre-order discount, the quick pik discount and 10% off).

Since then I have looked at other random things quite a bit and made orders for people's birthdays and so I was getting very strange things showing up and once in a while I would get one strange item or none at all in my quick picks. So Tuesday and Wednesday evenings I spent about an hour or two grooming my list again, rating things I already have or did not want that were related to the things I wanted to show up. It takes a while, but I was again rewarded with being able to pre-order Uncharted 2 yesterday for $48 and check out the list of quick picks I had today.

Already have:
A Bug's Life (BD)

Crap:
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii)

Meh:
Quantum of Solace (BD)

Golden:
Summon Night: Twin Age (DS)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
Scribblenauts (DS)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS)
Metroid: Other M (Wii)

So as you can see it may be a bit hard and definitely frustrating to groom your recommendations, but it definitely pays off. After Amazon's lower than MSRP+Quick Pick discount+10% ECA, I pre-ordered LoZ, Scribblenauts, M&L and Metroid:OM for $30.05 off of retail (Oh, and Uncharted 2 yesterday for $12 off MSRP).

So instead of complaining, just spend some time with your recommendations. It really does work.[/QUOTE]

ive groomed mine to only reflect 4 video games that i would want.. still after 3 days... nothing but random stuff.. although today i got a whole set of bbq grilling stuff :p

Hmm. I seem to live in one of those unlucky states where even if the full transaction is done with GS credit, there is still tax. TN and 9.75% sales tax is pretty brutal when trying to do a conversion of GS to amazon.com credit. I locked in some trades with Phoenix Wright and now it seems like I should have done the same for Prince of Persia. Did not even think about the fact that GS probably had like 20 copies of it. Now the trade-in deal of the day is Street Fighter IV. Amazon, you're cruel. >.> You had to do this as a trade-in deal of the day after GS had their $20 Street Fighter IV sale? If I had known, I would have gladly did a 1:1 trade for the $30 promo code. Of course, it sounds to me like most GameStops got pretty wiped out of their inventory when this sale happened.

[quote name='fei33']Hmm. I seem to live in one of those unlucky states where even if the full transaction is done with GS credit, there is still tax. TN and 9.75% sales tax is pretty brutal when trying to do a conversion of GS to amazon.com credit. I locked in some trades with Phoenix Wright and now it seems like I should have done the same for Prince of Persia. Did not even think about the fact that GS probably had like 20 copies of it. Now the trade-in deal of the day is Street Fighter IV. Amazon, you're cruel. >.> You had to do this as a trade-in deal of the day after GS had their $20 Street Fighter IV sale? If I had known, I would have gladly did a 1:1 trade for the $30 promo code. Of course, it sounds to me like most GameStops got pretty wiped out of their inventory when this sale happened.[/QUOTE]

This CAN'T be coincidence... can it?

[quote name='yuyak']This CAN'T be coincidence... can it?[/QUOTE]

Maybe NorAm was counting on some people hoarding the hell out of Street Fighter IV. LOL It was a great deal, but I did not see the point in picking up more than a single PS3 copy for myself. I don't like doing things speculatively and trying to do the Ms. Cleo when it comes to trading stuff in. Hindsight 20/20.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']ive groomed mine to only reflect 4 video games that i would want.. still after 3 days... nothing but random stuff.. although today i got a whole set of bbq grilling stuff :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not going to be perfect every day like it was for me the past two days. But I'm just saying it does work. I also don't follow the recommendations of the guides out there though. They mostly say to get it down to the one item you want. I instead just weed everything out except for games. And they are all like the top AAA titles that i REALLY do want and would definitely buy when they pop up in my box. So I have pages and pages of recommendations, but they are all great stuff that I am waiting for to come out or waiting to be cheap enough for me to afford. I figure if there are way more things for Amazon's algorithm to choose from, I'll likely get more good items more often. So I just make sure all of the hundred or so things Amazon could choose from are things I really want. I kind of suspect if you only have one or a handful of things in your recommendations like a lot of people suggest to do, you are going to get rather empty days and/or you are going to get random things Amazon wants to put in your list.

[quote name='MorPhiend']
So instead of complaining, just spend some time with your recommendations. It really does work.[/QUOTE]

Again, I have done this...double and triple checked, on TWO accounts for weeks(one for a few, both for about a week) and I've only seen like 4 games total in my goldbox. It apparently isn't that simple or atleast definitely not a 100% surefire way to get things in it to appear. Maybe after you buy a couple games, I've only bought like two from amazon ever.

[quote name='dualedge2']Amazon's Trade-In Deal of the Day: STREET FIGHTER IV (PS3 & 360) - $21.00[/QUOTE]

fuck! I just sent in a couple copies with the $18.50 trade quote I got the day before the GS sale started. In almost every case I wait till nearly the last day to mail them but this time I decided to get a jump on it. See, I knew that wouldn't pay off... What really sucks is that to pad it out to over $60 I sent in something I really wanted to keep. Oh well, I do have a 360 copy that I picked up just because they still had it at GS on the last night before the sale ended and I figured it would go to waste if I didn't buy it. I was planining to trade it to Gamecrazy perhaps since they quoted me $25 - but when I asked about it again like 2 days later it was $14 or something. Given the MSRP drop ($39.99 just about everywhere) and potential for an improved version coming out, I definitely think I'll send it to Amazon now.

WARNING: You do need to submit trades to lock them in! I had Prince of Persia in my trade-in cart all day and then I added Street Fighter IV and went to submit. When the address label popped up Prince of Persia was $9 instead of $16! I think it even still said $16 on the cart before I submitted, too, though I can't be 100% sure of that, So yeah, beware - I'd just submit them ASAP. Luckily I did submit a trade earlier with PoP on it (at $16), though not having the second one limits the amount I can send in (and since they are so easy to find I was going to add more). Oh well...

I thought someone else said they were able to keep the prices in the cart even when they dropped? Either that was a fluke (or mine was) or they just changed the way it works (which seems unlikely).

I got my 2nd 50% code, but they haven't even received my 3rd trade in yet. Should I beworried? I sent in on the 23 or 24th.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I got my 2nd 50% code, but they haven't even received my 3rd trade in yet. Should I beworried? I sent in on the 23 or 24th.[/QUOTE]

Um, no, not yet: CA -> MA should take around 8 days. But it could easily take 2 weeks. My first trade (also from the West Coast) took 15 days. Interestingly enough, they've been getting shorter every time since then but still the fastest I've had was 7 days.

[quote name='io']Um, no, not yet: CA -> MA should take around 8 days. But it could easily take 2 weeks. My first trade (also from the West Coast) took 15 days. Interestingly enough, they've been getting shorter every time since then but still the fastest I've had was 7 days.[/QUOTE]

Just worried since I sent them all at once, and the first arrived in 4 days and the 2nd the next day. Then nothing. Although they might have received it, jsut not processed it yet.

I think I'm not gonna get RB beatles. I'll just get that on my own, maybe with the $10 MW2 discount.

I wonder if Borderlands is gonna get a CE, comes out oct 20. Really looking forward to that and might use it on that if there's a CE. If only i wanted to actually play Batman:AA, I would get that CE.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wasn't the Street fighter IV sale at GS supposed to go on until 8/2? I forget and I can't find the thread. Did they end the sale early?[/QUOTE]

Look in the "Deal Graveyard", my friend :lol:.

Yeah, they ran it 2 days and then ended it. I actually posted back then how NorAm was kind of dumb to let the TIV drop so quickly (it went from $18.50 to $12 or so within hours of the news of the GS sale on Monday night). I mean, they'd get a bunch of essentially new copies for pretty cheap and could probably make some decent money off reselling them once the GS sale ended (which happened sooner than expected). I'm sure that drop was automatic though - and now they are making up for it with this DotD. I just wish I hadn't mailed mine in already :bomb:.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I think I'm not gonna get RB beatles. I'll just get that on my own, maybe with the $10 MW2 discount.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but 50% > $10 off, especially for Beatles RB

Damn. I should have checked this thread yesterday. My target was clearancing PoP Ps3 for 9.xx. Thay had 10+ copies of it. I only picked up one for my Da. Damn.

[quote name='io']Look in the "Deal Graveyard", my friend :lol:.

Yeah, they ran it 2 days and then ended it. I actually posted back then how NorAm was kind of dumb to let the TIV drop so quickly (it went from $18.50 to $12 or so within hours of the news of the GS sale on Monday night). I mean, they'd get a bunch of essentially new copies for pretty cheap and could probably make some decent money off reselling them once the GS sale ended (which happened sooner than expected). I'm sure that drop was automatic though - and now they are making up for it with this DotD. I just wish I hadn't mailed mine in already :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

Son of a b****. I almost bought 1 or 2 yesterday and one of those SFIV 360 fightpads used for $19.99, but the games weren't sealed I would probably never play them. Before the last GS B2G1 I had $450 GS credit and now I only have $110 because I keep buying expensive stuff and also flipping stuff to amazon. I'm starting to get stingy with my GS credit. What I'm probably going to do is wait for the B2G1 after Christmas and get Uncharted 2, Arkam Asylum, and God of War III with the credit i have left.

Hoping for more flipping opportunities and an even better coupon next month for Amazon.

I bought SF IV on sale.... not sure why..... I'm not that in to fighting games. But, now I know what to do with it. =)

Street Fighter IV is $35 Used now.

After 35% off (25% coupon + edge), you end up at $22.75 cost.

Let's take the tax of say... 7%. We end up with $24.35 cost.

Trades in for $21. $3.35 difference.

$73.02 for 3 Copies.

Trades in for $63 + 30 = $93.

$19.98 profit. So, this is an option if people are looking to flip GS > Amazon credit.

Yes!!! I bought SFIV on the deal 3 ps3 copies and one Xbox 360 copy to keep. And i did not mail them to amazon so i just locked in for three ps3 copies. I went from a loss to a small gain yeah procrastination!!!!!

[quote name='dualedge2']Amazon's Trade-In Deal of the Day: STREET FIGHTER IV (PS3 & 360) - $21.00[/QUOTE]
GDI, could have made an extra $9 if I had a crystal ball.

[quote name='MorPhiend']So instead of complaining, just spend some time with your recommendations. It really does work.[/QUOTE]
Lol, you're not special nor the first to ever do this. The people complaining have done this to a tee only to get books and pencil sharpeners everyday.

Congrats on being lucky. Dick.

[quote name='Jodou']GDI, could have made an extra $9 if I had a crystal ball.[/QUOTE]

dont tell me you traded in a "new' copy of SF4 for $12 to Amazon? you should have held out and got a better flip using different games and less credit with Amazons other trade of the day..

Just by habit, even if i have no plan to trade in the deal of the day, i still lock it in just in case..

[quote name='mitemouse']dont tell me you traded in a "new' copy of SF4 for $12 to Amazon? you should have held out and got a better flip using different games and less credit with Amazons other trade of the day..

Just by habit, even if i have no plan to trade in the deal of the day, i still lock it in just in case..[/QUOTE]

I don't want to speak for the man but I believe alot of people locked in SFIV PS3 at $18.50 on amazon when the GS $19.99 deal broke. So losing like 5 to 6 bucks was worth it to get a $30 coupon.

Hello, I am reading about a lot of people "locking" in a price...what does this mean? I have read the faq's and do not see much information about this. Can someone explain this to me if possible. Sorry I looked for the information in the thread but have not found what everyone seems to be talking about. Thanks to anyone who helps.

So anyone have any recent rejection stories?

I'm gonna try to grab some phoenix wright games with the new GS coupon and I'll be lucky as hell to find the original cover/manual.

I read some of the previous thread and it was hit and miss before, but does anyone have any recent positive/negative experiences with missing packaging?

[quote name='io']WARNING: You do need to submit trades to lock them in! I had Prince of Persia in my trade-in cart all day and then I added Street Fighter IV and went to submit. When the address label popped up Prince of Persia was $9 instead of $16! I think it even still said $16 on the cart before I submitted, too, though I can't be 100% sure of that, So yeah, beware - I'd just submit them ASAP. Luckily I did submit a trade earlier with PoP on it (at $16), though not having the second one limits the amount I can send in (and since they are so easy to find I was going to add more). Oh well...

I thought someone else said they were able to keep the prices in the cart even when they dropped? Either that was a fluke (or mine was) or they just changed the way it works (which seems unlikely).[/QUOTE]

IO, you need to "Submit" the trade-in. You can't just leave it in the cart.

You can adjust the quantity or remove even after you submit. You can't add different games though.

Keep in mind MANY MANY MANY of us (see the threads I started on Amazon) demonstrate they STILL are keeping our disks, claiming we did not submit etc.

After they "investigate" - so far - EVERYONE but one person has been proven to be an error.

I suggest you take a digital PICTURE of your trade ins just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back