Mirror's Edge Bugs/Issues

splash screen usually is the introductory screen before you get to the main menu.

I bought this game for 7.99 when I ordered the parts for my new PC. I am just having graphics issues, mainly vertical texture tearing (I forget the exact technical term) and it can get down to 2 fps if I have the physx thing turned on in some parts of the game (ie when a window breaks).

[quote name='dave17'] I am just having graphics issues, mainly vertical texture tearing (I forget the exact technical term)[/QUOTE]

That would be vsync. Turning it off improves performance, but you'll get the tearing problem. Turning it on removes tearing, but it can cut your frame rate in half if you don't have enough graphics horsepower.

and it can get down to 2 fps if I have the physx thing turned on in some parts of the game (ie when a window breaks).
Unless you have a dedicated PhysX card in the form of an Aegia or NVIDIA 8-Series or higher GPU, it's best to leave that option off.

I know this is probably not related, but I am just throwing this out there anyway.

The Xbox 360 version of the game ran perfectly. Also, the game only had to lead mid-level once for me. Great game.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I know this is probably not related, but I am just throwing this out there anyway.

The Xbox 360 version of the game ran perfectly. Also, the game only had to lead mid-level once for me. Great game.[/QUOTE]

well they have no excuses if there were performance issues on the 360 since there's only one hardware configuration for them to test. :)

im wondering if this game can be used on PC with a 360 controller? if it can im deff getting it on pc because its less than 10 bucks

[quote name='sublime90']im wondering if this game can be used on PC with a 360 controller? if it can im deff getting it on pc because its less than 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

Although I haven't tried this particular game, I imagine it is possible ingame, as well as a few different ways outside of the game (button mapping programs).

But since it's a multirelease, I imagine it simply does support a 360 controller.

just checked out mirrors edge official website

Required – Internet Connection
OS - Windows XP (SP2) / Vista
Processor – 3.0 GHz or faster; Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory – 1 GB RAM
Hard Drive – 8 GB
DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
Video Card – 256 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0c
Online Features: Leaderboards, Ghosts
Input - Keyboard, Mouse
Optional – Dual Analogue Gamepad** *Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (GeForce 7300 not supported); ATI Radeon X1300 or better. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. **Supported Controllers: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows; Logitech Chillstream.
Recommended System Requirements: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz Processor or equivalent, 2 GB RAM or greater, 512 MB video card (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or better).

yessssss i'll be ordering from buy.com right now. ive been wanting to play this game sense the demo was released on the 360, 8 bucks free shipping cant beat that.

it does indeed support the 360, I played through it on the controller, no need to set it up in anyway.
As for the splashscreens (which are terrible and long), I didn't have any problems.
But what I suggest is replacing the splashscreens so you can jump right into the main menu.
there is a file to do so on gamecopyworld
it doesn't affect drm/activations, but make a backup of the file you replace

bread's done
Back