[PAX EAST] Wombat's Magical Foodie Tour of Boston - 2010

Lord Jezo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So besides for Wombat not actually endorsing this thread and knowing nothing about it at the time of posting the last podcast gave hints at a pretty good idea for a CAG PAX East event: a Wombat hosted Boston food tour event. He seemed to know a lot about the city and also mentioned all the places that he wanted to take Cheapy to. So instead of him giving only Cheapy the food how about all the rest of us here at CAG?

Here's my idea: Wombat can either post a list of "must eat" places for PAX and we can organize ourselves into a hoard of conventioneers to hit them all up, or the better version, Wombat can lead the charge and we can follow him across the city as we explore the culinary delights that Boston has to offer. He could be the tour guide.

We have 7 months or so to figure this out so it should be enough time.

Anyone with me? Or at least Wombat?

A year or something ago he mentioned the Chocolate Buffet, that is one I will be going to for sure during PAX East.

Living in Mass pays off for once.

And if you want good food, go to Fire and Ice or the general North End area.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Living in Mass pays off for once.

And if you want good food, go to Fire and Ice or the general North End area.[/QUOTE]

Fire & Ice? Come on man, that's a chain, I can go to one of them at a mall. For the food tour we need to explore the real heart and soul that is Boston food and eat at places that offer up stuff you can't get anywhere else.

Where's Wombat? Someone needs to get him in here.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']Fire & Ice? Come on man, that's a chain, I can go to one of them at a mall. For the food tour we need to explore the real heart and soul that is Boston food and eat at places that offer up stuff you can't get anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

While I understand what you are saying, don't bash on chain restaurants too much there are chains that put most independent joints to shame. The Capital Grille is a chain and it has strong roots in the Boston area. There are even some locations malls ;)

[quote name='ufskenney']While I understand what you are saying, don't bash on chain restaurants too much there are chains that put most independent joints to shame. The Capital Grille is a chain and it has strong roots in the Boston area. There are even some locations malls ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that can be true, I do enjoy my chains, but a true local food tour should be to the places the tourists dont know about, small out of the way locations on back roads that no one would ever think to go to. Go to a place and eat like a local, its a good way to really experience somewhere.

Dude I live in Boston I know everything there is to know about this city.

Edit: A few would be: Eagle's Deli, Pino's Pizza, Pizzeria Regina, Bull & Finch Pub (Cheer's Bar)...Generally if you stick to the North End you can't go wrong.

[quote name='buxton']Pizzeria Regina, Bull & Finch Pub (Cheer's Bar).[/QUOTE]

Anyone who really lived in Boston would avoid these tourist traps.

[quote name='lordwow']Anyone who really lived in Boston would avoid these tourist traps.[/QUOTE]

You're crazy about Regina's, but I totally agree about Cheer's.

On a sidenote, since I live in the area I think it could be cool to go. How much do tickets go for?

[quote name='Sexbomb']On a sidenote, since I live in the area I think it could be cool to go. How much do tickets go for?[/QUOTE]
From the PAX site:

Early Bird Pricing (Before December 31st):
Friday Only: $25 (Save $5)
Saturday Only: $25 (Save $5)
Sunday Only: $25 (Save $5)
3 Day Pass: $45 (Save $5)

At the Door Pricing:
Friday Pass: $35
Saturday Pass: $35
Sunday Pass: $35
3 Day Pass: $55

bread's done