The Conduit (Wii) $40 on Amazon

xmrblondex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
[IMG-L=5137]8626[/IMG-L]Shipwreck's note: Amazon is charging less for High Voltage's recently released first-person shooter. If you got that pun, I'm sorry. If you get the game, let me know how it is.

:wii: The Conduit $29.49 $39.99

Update: Looks like the $30 price didn't last long and the game is now selling for $40.

saw this on the price tracker, that's the lowest price I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll jump when it hits $20 just like when I picked up Madworld and HotD Overkill. Seems like a good price point for these SEGA Wii games.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']is the game even worth it for $30?[/QUOTE]

I've heard it's passable compared to other shooters. I think the best review I read -- and I apologize, I don't recall where I read this -- went like this:

1) If you have another next gen console, there's nothing in the Conduit that makes it stand out. It's competent, but average. If you're not a hard core fan of FPS's, move along.

2) If you only have a Wii, absolutely buy this -- it's the top shooter for the system.

I want to get this, if only to support developers pushing the envelope on the Wii, but damn it -- I've already done that with MadWorld and HOTD: Overkill. This needs to come down in price a bit more before I grab it.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']That went down rediculously fast[/QUOTE]
Seriously. Just over a month and it's down $20. It seems like the "core" gamer on the Wii just isn't a market to cater to anymore. After 3 years, most of them have moved on to the 360 or the PS3.

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']I've heard it's passable compared to other shooters. I think the best review I read -- and I apologize, I don't recall where I read this -- went like this:

1) If you have another next gen console, there's nothing in the Conduit that makes it stand out. It's competent, but average. If you're not a hard core fan of FPS's, move along.

2) If you only have a Wii, absolutely buy this -- it's the top shooter for the system.

I want to get this, if only to support developers pushing the envelope on the Wii, but damn it -- I've already done that with MadWorld and HOTD: Overkill. This needs to come down in price a bit more before I grab it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the reviews really nail the feel of the game. If you only have a Wii (aka, no 360 or PS3), its an very good game for your collection, especially if you like FPSs. But I am a hardcore FPS gamer and its average at best. Probably will never touch the MP again cause why play a basic working online FPS when I can play the BF1943 of CoD now with much better and responsive gaming.

Not recommended if you play current FPSs, its basically move from room to room clearing enemies and opening valves and such, standard FPS 101, but with Xbox 1 graphics.

[quote name='nightmare452']Not recommended if you play current FPSs, its basically move from room to room clearing enemies and opening valves and such, standard FPS 101, but with Xbox 1 graphics.[/QUOTE]

This. I feel like people should just stop making games for the Wii as far as good games go, and just give it up. The fact that this is already down $20 just shows that nobody really gives a fuck. This is also a pretty boring, standard FPS, but all of the "amazing" games on the Wii (like MadWorld) still, tbh, suck.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Seriously. Just over a month and it's down $20. It seems like the "core" gamer on the Wii just isn't a market to cater to anymore. After 3 years, most of them have moved on to the 360 or the PS3.[/QUOTE]

The game only averaged a meager 72% across all reviewers and it still managed to sell 150k in just its first week. I disagree with your assessment....

And it's not like it's the only major title this year to receive quick price drops or promotions. RE5 released with a $20 giftcard offer and Infamous saw $15-$20 sales within just the first few weeks of its release.... state of the industry these days, I'm afraid.

It's a nice wii game, i think i'm gonna bite.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='BlueSwim']Seriously. Just over a month and it's down $20. It seems like the "core" gamer on the Wii just isn't a market to cater to anymore. After 3 years, most of them have moved on to the 360 or the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Wow, since when was this a universally praised AAA title?

I'll add that it is easy to find people to play against online, but there are some crashes/freezes that occur.
The single player is fine, some of the save checkpoints are a bit farther apart than I would like.

The one clear advantage conduit has, is that customizing controls on the fly, and the high degree of customization, is so overwhelmingly beneficial, going on to play other games feels constrictive, frustrating...and almost antiquated in comparison.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']The game only averaged a meager 72% across all reviewers and it still managed to sell 150k in just its first week. I disagree with your assessment....

And it's not like it's the only major title this year to receive quick price drops or promotions. RE5 released with a $20 giftcard offer and Infamous saw $15-$20 sales within just the first few weeks of its release.... state of the industry these days, I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

It did not sell 150k in it's first week. Sega shipped 150k, the title moved just over 70k for the month.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/05/sega-clarifies-first-week-sales-numbers-for-the-conduit/

[quote name='wampa8jedi']The game only averaged a meager 72% across all reviewers and it still managed to sell 150k in just its first week. I disagree with your assessment....

And it's not like it's the only major title this year to receive quick price drops or promotions. RE5 released with a $20 giftcard offer and Infamous saw $15-$20 sales within just the first few weeks of its release.... state of the industry these days, I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

i think it only sold like 72k in the first week, but Sega shipped 150k in the first week.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']i think it only sold like 72k in the first week, but Sega shipped 150k in the first week.[/QUOTE]

That's what I get for not clicking on the thread on IGN ;)

And it's not like it's the only major title this year to receive quick price drops or promotions. RE5 released with a $20 giftcard offer and Infamous saw $15-$20 sales within just the first few weeks of its release.... state of the industry these days, I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]Like the two above me said, it only moved about 70,000 copies. Less than half of what they shipped. And to top it all off, it's on the highest-selling home console of this generation.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Wow, since when was this a universally praised AAA title?[/QUOTE]Wasn't it being built up as being one of the "big" "core" gamer games of the year for the Wii? Just like Madworld before it, which also sold below expectations. If these games are what "core" gamers on Wii want to play, why aren't they selling that well? Likely answer: Because they've given up and moved on to a different system.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Wasn't it being built up as being one of the "big" "core" gamer games of the year for the Wii? Just like Madworld before it, which also sold below expectations. If these games are what "core" gamers on Wii want to play, why aren't they selling that well? Likely answer: Because they've given up and moved on to a different system.[/QUOTE]

It was built up like that, it's called hype, which happens for many games. Go look up the reviews for it, and it's basically given average reviews, hardly the big core gamer game that it was hyped to be.

I bought it at release and don't regret it really. I have not been one to buy things at release (for the past 10 years) except maybe Mario games. I made exceptions for this and Mad World. But given that both of them have flopped, I now only see my money as wasted since the developers are eventually stop trying anyway and I could have waited for drops just like everyone else. I doubt I'll be jumping on any non Mario title at release in the future unless I can figure out some really good deals.

[quote name='acyw13']i want to buy it to test my wii speak though....[/QUOTE]

Me toooo! haha

I have the WIi Speak, but no Animal crossing or any compatable game...

I already own Animal Crossign DS and I do not have time to play the same game over and over again.

[quote name='Ryukahn']It was built up like that, it's called hype, which happens for many games. Go look up the reviews for it, and it's basically given average reviews, hardly the big core gamer game that it was hyped to be.[/QUOTE]You don't have to explain hype to me, I'm well versed in it.;) Good hype can conquer average or even bad reviews. But look at Madworld, it got good reviews and sold about the same as The Conduit did in a similar time-frame. If the market for those kinds of games is there, but starved, people will buy them even if they aren't 9.5/10 games.

[quote name='MorPhiend']I bought it at release and don't regret it really. I have not been one to buy things at release (for the past 10 years) except maybe Mario games. I made exceptions for this and Mad World. But given that both of them have flopped, I now only see my money as wasted since the developers are eventually stop trying anyway and I could have waited for drops just like everyone else. I doubt I'll be jumping on any non Mario title at release in the future unless I can figure out some really good deals.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. I had a Wii since day 1 and I felt the burn pretty quick.

I bought Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes, Resident Evil 4, Battalion Wars 2, and many others. I love great reviewed games, especially niche ones. They don't sell though and when I buy them at $50.00, I get highly annoyed when the price drops drastically within 4-5 months. Since I have a massive backlog anyway, I just wait for the inevitable price drop. I got BlastWorks for $15.00 new approx 4 weeks after release. I feel bad for the publishers- but I would be willing to pay premium prices if they stayed premium. The same goes for Madworld, The Conduit and others. $20.00 is my price these days, because I work and have limited time anyway. The backlog grows bigger and bigger, and time goes scarcer and scarcer.

Summary: I am in the same situation, and money is not an issue. The issue is, by the time I would get to play it from my backlog, it will be reduced in price anyway and it just isn't worth it.

Shoot this is sitting in my personal Gold Box right now...

Items: $29.49
Gold Box Discount: -$1.47
Promotion Applied: -$2.95

Total Before Tax: $25.07
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $25.07

I only own a Wii, and I'm not very good at FPS games even though I enjoy trying to play them. So if this is just a decent FPS and I only have Wii, it sounds like I should pick it up...

Hmmm....

But my backlog is so huge...

And for shits and gigs the Amazon TIV is $24, but I'm not doing any Amazon trade ins...

This is still sitting at $50 at Best Buy and $40 at Newegg... I think at best this is going to drop for $20 probably around Black Friday or for an Amazon Goldbox / Deal of the Day... But I might bite now.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Like the two above me said, it only moved about 70,000 copies. Less than half of what they shipped. And to top it all off, it's on the highest-selling home console of this generation.

Wasn't it being built up as being one of the "big" "core" gamer games of the year for the Wii? Just like Madworld before it, which also sold below expectations. If these games are what "core" gamers on Wii want to play, why aren't they selling that well? Likely answer: Because they've given up and moved on to a different system.[/QUOTE]

The install base is deceiving. I bet everyone that's posted knows someone, be it a relative, neighbor, friend's family, etc that's bought a Wii because Wii Sports was fun, and maybe wanted to play Rock Band. It's just one example, but my roommate has a Wii, but it's been laying on it's side half-buried under a pile of clothes for over 3 months.

I think there was a market for this kind of game in the beginning, Red Steel sold about 133k it's 1st week and that was when Wii's were still impossible to find. I worry that most people have moved on, and that isn't to say that the Wii as a platform isn't worthwhile (I happen to enjoy my own console very much) but overall perception of it has changed substantially, which is unfortunate for publishers who take the time to make really good games.

I played the Conduit this past week and it was alright for a FPS on the Wii...I only played multi online and I found it fun. It didn't take too long to get the hang of the controls, but I found when trying to pan left or right it was really slow..had to click the I think Z button to do instant turn around. I won't get it for $30 though...I just don't think I'll play it enough. There's way better FPS out there, but I agree with everyone else...if you just have the Wii I would pick it up.

[quote name='super_dawn']I played the Conduit this past week and it was alright for a FPS on the Wii...I only played multi online and I found it fun. It didn't take too long to get the hang of the controls, but I found when trying to pan left or right it was really slow..had to click the I think Z button to do instant turn around. I won't get it for $30 though...I just don't think I'll play it enough. There's way better FPS out there, but I agree with everyone else...if you just have the Wii I would pick it up.[/QUOTE]

panning left and right can be as slow or as fast as you want, and clicking z to do a 180 also can be modified.

I bought a Wii at launch and waited outside overnight for it. I didn't buy it for third party titles but for first party titles. I personally felt Wii Sports was a demo and only played it for 30 minutes with my brother before hanging it up for good. I ended up picking this game up for $26.54, with my 10% off with ECA. I was so close to buying this game on day one for $50. I really wanted to support it, but after MadWorld, I really didn't want to risk it, just to see if fall, like it did.

I think people are right when they say that so many people that own Wii's, that are hardcore, have already moved on to another system. I believe if this were on 360 it would have sold really well, with the right ads and hype machine.

It's quite fun - and I also have a 360/PS3. The graphics are decent, the game is enjoyable, and the control is excellent. Very much worth $30.

[quote name='Bulbachar']I bought a Wii at launch and waited outside overnight for it. I didn't buy it for third party titles but for first party titles. I personally felt Wii Sports was a demo and only played it for 30 minutes with my brother before hanging it up for good. I ended up picking this game up for $26.54, with my 10% off with ECA. I was so close to buying this game on day one for $50. I really wanted to support it, but after MadWorld, I really didn't want to risk it, just to see if fall, like it did.

I think people are right when they say that so many people that own Wii's, that are hardcore, have already moved on to another system. I believe if this were on 360 it would have sold really well, with the right ads and hype machine.[/QUOTE]

Actually, a game like this could only be released on the Wii. Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers have so many far superior FPS choices that this one would have sunk into obscurity immediately. It's not to say that it's a bad game, but it's super mediocre with a generic storyline and absolutely no innovation in the gameplay. I would recommend waiting for the inevitable $20 price point on this one.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']is the game even worth it for $30?[/QUOTE]

It's worth around ten. There are much better graphic and gameplay wise FPSs on last gen systems. This game is low budget, shovelware quality that should have been retailed at 19.99 in the first place. Also it has bad framerate, especially in mutiplayer that makes it nearly unplayable due to the reliance on IR aiming reticule (which jumps all over the place due to poor, uneven framerate that cannot be ameliorated by its elaborate control calibration). But due to the dearth of FPSs on Wii they were able to get unwarranted hype and thus 49.99 launch price.

I've played through it and by no means is it wort $30. I really don't know why they would make a typical FPS on the Wii. Cookie cutter FPS games is what Wii gamers are TRYING to avoid by playing Wii. It's like a game made with no target audience.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Like the two above me said, it only moved about 70,000 copies. Less than half of what they shipped. And to top it all off, it's on the highest-selling home console of this generation.

Wasn't it being built up as being one of the "big" "core" gamer games of the year for the Wii? Just like Madworld before it, which also sold below expectations. If these games are what "core" gamers on Wii want to play, why aren't they selling that well? Likely answer: Because they've given up and moved on to a different system.[/QUOTE]

The games got mediocre to bad reviews. Core gamers are not going to spend 50 bucks on poor games. It's sad that these poor, low budget, shovelwere games (which shamelessly wrap themselves in the "core gamer" blanket) are used as the litmus test for future Wii core game fundings. Look at what THQ did with Deadly Creatures. The developer threatened the Wii core gamebase to buy their lousy game (one of the worst Wii game I had the displeasure of playing recently) or else they'll go back to make only minigames for the Wii -- not to mention the fact the game is nearly unmarketable (game where you control a creepy spider and a scorpion? It would not sell on any system even if it's AAA quality), and THQ knows that since they literally did not market the game at all.

At least MadWorld sold more than its ps2 God Hand brethren. Considering the skeleton crew that made this game, can they really call the sales figure disappointing? They probably made large profit already.

I paid $50 for it at launch and have been happy with it. Anyone wondering about another gamer's opinion can read the blog entry here.

Wow I wonder if this game is really that bad? I see it get burned all the time...then again I've played many games where reviews were "average" and I thought the game was good

It's all person taste I guess..

oh btw Hi deserteagle :D
Pomona rep

[quote name='SuxoR']Wow I wonder if this game is really that bad? I see it get burned all the time...then again I've played many games where reviews were "average" and I thought the game was good

It's all person taste I guess..

oh btw Hi deserteagle :D
Pomona rep[/QUOTE]

Hey, Suxor just went though P-town (on my way to Riverside) a few weeks ago.

II didn't think the Conduit was bad at all. Not great, but certainly the best FPS on Wii...

FYI, the price of Call of Juarez: Bound in blood has already dropped $20 to $39.99 which implies that all the "core" gamers have left the PS3 and 360. I guess they went back to the Wii. The Conduit's sales will now skyrocket.

Before you pull the trigger on this for $40, you may want to check your local Targets. I went to Target yesterday and the Conduit was on clearance for $35 (30% off). So it looks like this game has entered the Target clearance rotation. If it lasts to 75% off at Target, it will end up costing $12.50+ tax.

bread's done
Back