Backlog poll officially closed! Fallout 3 For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I've got a Backlog of 360 Games and I want to know what my fellow CAG'ers think I should play next. Whichever game gets the most votes is what I'll play.

If you vote, could you kindly Post a Reply or BUMP? Thanks.

*****UPDATE*****

BIOSHOCK IS THE WINNER. That is gonna be the next game I play. Thanks for everyone who voted & commented

Taking offers on Fallout 3 if anybodys interested. Game comes with everything and is MINT with NO SCRATCHES and comes with case & manual. PAYPAL ONLY!

I guess it's time to see what the fuss is all about with this damn Bioshock game.........:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fallout 3, definitely need to play that. Then again, you could sell your copy and wait for the Game of the Year edition that has all of the DLC included...

I knew my answer would be Fallout 3 if it was on your list, and it is. My top 3 from your list:

1. Fallout 3
2. Bioshock
3. Saints Row 2

Fallout and Bioshock are easily the most engrossing single player games on the system that involve guns (if not overall) and that's saying a lot. Saints is very good, especially if you liked the first one.

I didn't list Left 4 Dead because, quite frankly, campaigns take less than an hour on that and I would suggest playing the occasional campaign on that while you're working through the lengthy quests that the other titles provide for you.

If you want to get through the backlog, I'd suggest playing Fallout last, or play it concurrently with something else. It's got a lot to do, and is engrossing. Get sucked in it too much and you won't touch the rest of your games.

[quote name='moojuice']If you want to get through the backlog, I'd suggest playing Fallout last, or play it concurrently with something else. It's got a lot to do, and is engrossing. Get sucked in it too much and you won't touch the rest of your games.[/QUOTE]
This is the best advice. Save your time sinkers for last. Saints Row is also a time sinker.

I don't think I'm necessarily trying to get through as many of my BACKLOG games as possible.

It's more that I've got these games to play and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to start off with.

Doesn't matter if it's a fast playthrough or an involved one. Just want to know out of the 8 games, which one would you play 1st?

Thanks for all the input so far.:applause::D

I agree with the Left 4 Dead comment, play it alongside another game. It's one of those games that are meant to be played with others (humans) online via co-op so an hour or two here and there to complete the campaigns will have the game beat pretty quickly.

I also find it fun to play L4D solo, and doing so on easy or normal early on is both a good way to get achievements as well as a good way to familiarize yourself with the level layouts.

As for Fallout, I'm on the low end of the spectrum as far as people who got really into the game go. I'm at 34 hours with one main story mission and probably 5 (maybe more) side quests still to do. I haven't even messed with the DLC yet. So much awesomeness, and I have little doubt it will become my favorite game of this generation... I just have to finish the main quest first before such a claim can be made.

i say fallout 3 with l4d. l4d is a game you can pick up and play anytime while you burn other backlog, and fallout 3 is simply amazing imo. but saints 2 is also very good :)

The darkness. Even if you play it on hard it shouldn't take that long to beat.

I only found the start and a few of the "Boss" battles to be hard on hard. If you play on Normal or easy the game should be a cake walk.

Bioshock; one of my favorite games of all time.

Fallout 3 is good, but it's really long, and starts off boring as shit.

I would say Fallout 3, but like someone else said, since you already have a lot of other good games to get though, you might be better off selling that copy and just picking up the GOTY version in a few months.

It's an experience you'll want to savor. I've put around 75 hours in to it (DLCs included) trying to explore everything and get all the achievements.

My 2nd choice would be Bioshock. I just picked it up for $12 and can't wait to play it.

I chose Bioshock man. It's hands down my favorite 360 game and in my top 5 games of all time. Just an amazing experience. All this talk makes me want to go back and fire it up again for the bad ending.

Fallout 3 is by far the best game on the list but it will take you forever to finish. GRAW, Bioshock, L4D are all excellent games as well. Haven't played a few of the others.

I think personally i'd play Bioshock first it's a great game as well but not as long and life sucking. You can play Pure and L4D as a change of pace game if you are into that.

I'd sell Fallout 3 and get the GOTY at some point in the future, play Bioshock and Left 4 Dead 2 now, so you'll be ready for the sequels.

WOW. Good discussion in here. The POLL ends next Friday so I'm gonna play whichever game gets the most votes.

Good idea by aheineken, SynGamer, freshzen regarding Fallout 3, so if that wins then I'll play that, if not I might just sell it and wait to buy the GOTY edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Number83']Fallout 3, but forshame for not playing Bioshock yet.[/QUOTE]

forshame for sure. I wanted to wait for it to drop and then used an old giftcard from Circuit City to buy it right before they went out of business.

I WILL get to it though but for now it seems Fallout 3 is winning and that's gonna be a LOOOOONG Game.

I'd say Bioshock, but not for the same reason as anyone else here. It's not very long, and it's not hard to beat. Its a decent FPS with fun powers and great atmosphere.

For fun though? Can't go wrong with Saint's Row 2. It may not be the prettiest game out there but it's a blast to play.

The Darkness
Pure
Saints Row 2
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Fallout 3
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Bioshock
Left 4 Dead

I'm doing the same thing right now, going through my backlog, and heres how I'm doing it so fast. (i've beat 11 games so far in just 4 months). Pick the shorter games and play through them first, than take your meat and potato games and play through them because they'll take longer. Not like i'm reinventing the wheel or anything, just works.

1. Darkness (You'll fly through it and its not great its not bad, just good.)
2. Bio-Shock (Your finished with darkness, which isn't amazing, and your about to play one of the best FPS of all time)
3. Fallout 3 (Spend a ton of time and absorb this wonderful game)
4. Saint Row 2 (I actually played through this along side Fallout 3 when I got tired of playing FO3 all day I would unwind in SR2)

As for the rest of them, play them along side the 4 up top for a change. L4D and Frontilines are primarily online so play whenever. Pure is racing so play as your playing the others and GRAW is just fun to pick up and play.

[quote name='Mareo']Bioshock >:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Bioshock is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Definitely seems to be the consensus:D. Bioshock is defintely out in front.

Funny things is I totally forgot to put Prince of Persia on the Poll but I can't edit it. It probably wouldn't have won anyways but still. Thanks for all the input and votes though guys/gals.

I voted Bioshock for the same reason as Wiptcracker. It is a great game and moderate length. FO3 is a very long game and could potentially take you all the way to the holiday season when all AAA titles come out. Wouldn't do much to help reduce your backlog (even though you said you weren't really worried about that).

[quote name='ufskenney']I voted Bioshock for the same reason as Wiptcracker. It is a great game and moderate length. FO3 is a very long game and could potentially take you all the way to the holiday season when all AAA titles come out. Wouldn't do much to help reduce your backlog (even though you said you weren't really worried about that).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xeno']Bioshock[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You must play Bioshock[/QUOTE]

Another 3 for Bioshock. I'm starting to feel bad that I went this LONG without
playing this game.:cry: Still got a week left for voting.:D

One of these days I should actually play bioshock. I have it just sitting by the xbox but I never feel compelled to play it.

Mostly because I have read and seen everything about it already.

[quote name='Soodmeg']One of these days I should actually play bioshock. I have it just sitting by the xbox but I never feel compelled to play it.

Mostly because I have read and seen everything about it already.[/QUOTE]

COOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;)

Darkness. Fun game while it lasts, but you need to just beat it and then get rid of it, because you'll never feel the need to play it again. Voila! One less game on your shelf you feel guilty for not playing.

Get rid of Fallout 3 now to maximize the trade value and as its been stated get the GOTY. Not all of the DLC is great, but the first two are (the latest one sucks). Its incredibly boring for a while too. Fallout is the type of game you play when its absolutely dead in terms of new stuff so you can immerse yourself in the story. I guess you could say that now, but Im a Madden head, plus Batman, all the great arcade stuff, and hopefully Wolfenstein will be a win, so I dont consider now to be dead.

I'm one of the few who did not particularly care for Bioshock. Thats more because of all the Ayn Rand inspired shit though. Its a technologically beautiful game and very well made. I just didn't enjoy it that much.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']Get rid of Fallout 3 now to maximize the trade value and as its been stated get the GOTY. Not all of the DLC is great, but the first two are (the latest one sucks).[/QUOTE]

So what do you think Fallout 3 would sell for? I didn't think it would sell for much.
Bioshock looks like it will win but I'll still hold onto Fallout 3 at least till Friday.

My math says it's probably a wash if I keep it or sell it and buy the GOTY.

Sell Fallout 3 = $30(or so), Buy GOTY = $60+tax, Out of pocket $30+

Keep Fallout 3, Buy 5 map packs(4000pts) = $30(4000pt Live) through CAG, Out of pocket $30+

Seems to me it's gonna be pretty close in price unless I get a lot more for
Fallout 3. So what am I missing?

If the GotY has all the DLC on a second disc, it may be possible to install the DLC and trade it in later (similar to the Mass Effect DLC in the Platinum Hits edition)...

So the price would be the same but you could have a chance to recoup your $30+ on the DLC at a later time versus buying it on XBL.

YEAH!!!!, GRAW is on the board. Was starting to feel bad for the poor game. Still no love for PURE yet though.:cry:

BTW, thanks for all the voting CAG'ers!

[quote name='SynGamer']If the GotY has all the DLC on a second disc, it may be possible to install the DLC and trade it in later (similar to the Mass Effect DLC in the Platinum Hits edition)...

So the price would be the same but you could have a chance to recoup your $30+ on the DLC at a later time versus buying it on XBL.[/QUOTE]

Interesting but if the DLC is used wouldn't you not be able to get anymore for it over the regular edition?

Anybody else want to chime in on whether holding out for the GOTY is a better option considering price?

Bioshock, it is, to me anyway one of the greatest games this gen. Remember to check the DLC its free and adds a few more plasmids to use

[quote name='Hovercraft']Bioshock, it is, to me anyway one of the greatest games this gen. Remember to check the DLC its free and adds a few more plasmids to use[/QUOTE]

I second that. I'm having a hard time gettin into Fallout myself. It feels so overwhelming, yet its pretty repetitive so far (I'm almost a level 8 and sticking to the main quest for the most part). I don't have a ton of time to devote to it and i don't like playing games for extended periods of time, anyway (meaning like over 2 hours in one sitting). Debating selling or shuffling through it further. Any words of encouragement to fuel my desire to keep playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back