Microcenter: Pre-order Madden 2010 (360) for only $34.99 this weekend only

vlv723

CAGiversary!
Feedback
161 (100%)
Didn't see anyone posted this. But if anyone is interested, Microcenter has a very good pre-order deal:

madden_10.jpg

Not sure if it's for other systems as well (PS3, Wii, etc) but a good deal if there's a Microcenter near you.

Shipwreck Edit:

It actually appears to be $34.99 + tax out of pocket. The $5 reservation seems to just get you the $25 coupon towards the purchase of the game, which means you have to still have to pay an additional $29.99.

Also, the deal is Xbox 360 only as detailed below:

* Reservation offer good 8/7 – 8/9 for MADDEN NFL 10 for 360! $5.00 deposit required. A reservation receipt will be provided and acts as your $5.00 deposit and a $25.00 coupon good towards the purchase price of one NEW copy of MADDEN NFL 10 for 360 at $59.99. How the math works: $59.99 - $5.00 deposit - $25.00 credit = $29.99 (plus applicable taxes) YOUR RESERVATION RECEIPT MUST BE PRESENTED WHEN PICKING UP THE GAME. Reservation offer available in-store only. You must pick-up your reservation between 8/14/09 – 8/30/09. Limit one reservation offer per customer. See reservation receipt for complete details. Offer subject to change or end at any time. Not responsible for manufacturers delays or cancellations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my Micro Center weekly gaming special email.

Micro Center is running a deal where you can purchasehase Madden 2010 for $29.99 if you put down a $5.00 deposit 8/7/09-8/9/09.

The $29.99 is after the $5.00 deposit.

This is an in store promo only.

The email shows the 360 version but I think all version are eligible.

It actually appears to be $34.99 + tax out of pocket. The $5 reservation seems to just get you the $25 coupon towards the purchase of the game, which means you have to still have to pay an additional $29.99.

Also, the deal is Xbox 360 only as detailed below:

* Reservation offer good 8/7 – 8/9 for MADDEN NFL 10 for 360! $5.00 deposit required. A reservation receipt will be provided and acts as your $5.00 deposit and a $25.00 coupon good towards the purchase price of one NEW copy of MADDEN NFL 10 for 360 at $59.99. How the math works: $59.99 - $5.00 deposit - $25.00 credit = $29.99 (plus applicable taxes) YOUR RESERVATION RECEIPT MUST BE PRESENTED WHEN PICKING UP THE GAME. Reservation offer available in-store only. You must pick-up your reservation between 8/14/09 – 8/30/09. Limit one reservation offer per customer. See reservation receipt for complete details. Offer subject to change or end at any time. Not responsible for manufacturers delays or cancellations.

Wow, that's a damn good deal... I might even go for it at that price and I wasn't even planning on getting Madden this year.

I haven't bought a Madden in several years, but at this price, before the NFL season even starts, might give me the incentive to pull the trigger.

may have to get in on this one, havent played a football game in awhile and usually Ill keep for a few years. Always played on the ps3 though, may try it out

Wow, that's an amazing deal for a game guaranteed to sell incredibly well. I guess it's a good way for Microcenter to get more exposure as a game seller. I'm already going to get it from NFL.com's store with a gift certificate I got for buying a samsung.

[quote name='Deadpool']WTF is a Microcenter?!?![/QUOTE]

:hot:! I agree.

I haven't played Madden since 2007, but this is a deal.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Wow, that's an amazing deal for a game guaranteed to sell incredibly well. I guess it's a good way for Microcenter to get more exposure as a game seller. [/QUOTE]

It worked. There are two Microcenters within driving distance of me in MD and VA, and I've never been. I'm gonna drive up there tomorrow and reserve it and will surely do some other browsing while I'm there, so it's definitely good exposure.

I just called and gave the guy the SKU, he came back and said the deal only included the 360 version (according to him).

Got the email this morning & had to read through it 2 or 3 times before I believed it. I already have the game on pre-order with Amazon, but this will let me get the game on day 1 and I can flip my Amazon copy whenever it arrives.

[quote name='anthonyd46']if you can get it for this price you will make $50 on ebay at least $20 profit[/QUOTE]

Never sold anything on ebay before have you?

I definitely wish I had a Microcenter within like 30 miles of me, not only for this awesome deal, but they always have incredible deals on PC hardware as well.

[quote name='anthonyd46']if you can get it for this price you will make $50 on ebay at least $20 profit[/QUOTE]

Or you can open it and keep it at a pretty damn good deal for a first day release.

[quote name='bvharris']It worked. There are two Microcenters within driving distance of me in MD and VA, and I've never been. I'm gonna drive up there tomorrow and reserve it and will surely do some other browsing while I'm there, so it's definitely good exposure.[/QUOTE]
you will waste about 30 dollars in gas going to and from the first time and then to and from the second time. So just chill and buy it from bestbuy :D

Originally Posted by anthonyd46
if you can get it for this price you will make $50 on ebay at least $20 profit
First off, the actual cost is $35. Then factor in fees and shipping, the profit would be about $6

[quote name='confoosious']Never sold anything on ebay before have you?[/QUOTE]
:rofl: HAHAHA

[quote name='Blockburner28']you will waste about 30 dollars in gas going to and from the first time and then to and from the second time. So just chill and buy it from bestbuy :D[/QUOTE]

It's a 10-15 minute drive, and I'm not driving a learjet up there. You chill.

Nice deal but an hour drive each way for me...If I only had to go once I'd scheme up a reason to justify going over to the South Bay one time, but twice is too much of a hassle.

No price matching on these types of deals huh?

[quote name='sav2880']In for a pre-order, process was mad easy. Good stuff![/QUOTE]

I assume you don't need the ad with you, right?

I wonder if Microcenter has some sort of deal with EA, since I remember they did the same thing with The Sims 3 a couple months back.

[quote name='proplaya422']OH MAN!! This is a great deal. Does anyone know if Best Buy, FYE, or even Gamestop will price match this?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, especially if you don't have a Microcenter in your area.

[quote name='proplaya422']OH MAN!! This is a great deal. Does anyone know if Best Buy, FYE, or even Gamestop will price match this?[/QUOTE]
that would be amazing

Good luck with that. The deal is so convoluted (this weekend only, pre-order, put $5 down, get a $25 off coupon to use when completing the purchase after the game comes out), I'd be surprised if anyone price-matches it.

Then again, I always seem to get the "by the book" folks when I try to price-match so I tend to be pessimistic.

If I didn't already have Madden pre-order from the SIMS cash card deal, I would jump on this and pre-order something else from EA. Very nice. Microcenter has been doing a lot of surveys lately about how to improve their gaming business. I'll bet this pre-order deal is only the beginning.

Awesome deal! I have a Micro Center 25 minutes away. I called the store and they confirmed it is Xbox 360 only and in store pick-up only.

For anyone that was thinking the same thing, I called Best Buy and they are NOT matching this.

I just got back from putting my 5 down, i don't really play football too much (Baseball/Basketball Guy) but for $35 I can't pass it up and I could sell it for $40 once I get tired of it.

I'm definitely going to pre-order this tomorrow. $34.99 for a brand new game is a great deal. Now if I could only find some sucker to sell Madden NFL 09 to, then this would be even better.

More like $2 profit after shipping and fees...

bread's done
Back