Rock Revolution $5 at GameStop

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']isnt this game supposed to suck? is it worth it even at $5, i may pick it up depending upon what people here say[/QUOTE]
If you have Rock Band or any of the recent iterations of Guitar Hero it's pointless to get it. Plus it's awkward going from the highway styling of scrolling notes in those games to the straight down approach (that and alot of the covers are pretty horrible).

The Best Buy stores by me also have this game on their clearance rack for about $5 a copy too. So if you REALLY want to buy this, you can also probably pick it up from BB for $5 or so too.

Mind you, I wouldn't buy this or any of the other rhythm games(namely because I suck at them), but for $5 ANY game is worth a playthrough.

Heads up if you have PRIME and like music downloads

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Revoluti...53BU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249777936&sr=8-6

6.22 shipped with prime

Lets look at Gamestop and AMAZON

(here 7% tax)

Gamestop game 4.99 tax 35 cents TOTAL 5.35 for game

AMAZON

6.22 shipped BUT you also get

Purchase this video game product and save an extra 50% on select video game magazines, as low as $9.00 after discount. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Get $5 worth of MP3 downloads from Amazon MP3 when your order ships. Here's how (restrictions apply)

so

at amazon you end up with

Game + 5 buck MP3 download credit (so 1.22 for game)
Plus you can get nintendo power.. PSN mag some computer game mag or xbox with disc for half price mag

I think if you got PRIME amazon is the way to do

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']^^
Haha I assume that means no.[/QUOTE]
More so it's $5 for a full 360 disc game. If alot of people bought those terrible Burger King games for achievements then it'll be no worse then that.

I bought the drum kit w/ the game for $7 at kmart. Drums are horrible, I played through 2 songs in the game before I couldn't take it anymore and then I put Rock Band 2 in. $5 is $4.99 too much for this game.

[quote name='bardockkun']More so it's $5 for a full 360 disc game. If alot of people bought those terrible Burger King games for achievements then it'll be no worse then that.[/QUOTE]Actually, because of the insane level of difficulty and the type of scrolling down the screen for the notes which inhibits the view at high speeds, the achievements are really hard since many of them require achieving goals on expert difficulty. The highest GS according to a 360 achievement site I looked at is around 600 by our own flamedliquid. After seeing the difficulty of the expert level I was curious if anyone could get an expert achievement on that game.

Anyway, for $5 it's worth it to me if you don't mind not getting all achievements, if you don't mind covers some of which are lacking and some do sound like the real deal, if you love other guitar games and you need more cause you've played them to death. Basically it is inferior, but it's not as bad as advertised as there are some aspects that are actually better or a fresh take on the typical gameplay.

[quote name='bardockkun']More so it's $5 for a full 360 disc game. If alot of people bought those terrible Burger King games for achievements then it'll be no worse then that.[/QUOTE]

Sneak King was the shit!!

If the achievements are easy enough it may be worth it in that sense. Plus I like music and I like games so a music game must be good! :|

Man if I can find them for $2.50 new it's practically worth it just to replace the cases of games that have sticker marks from GS used (or new in some cases)

a couple of (gainable) achievement points are better than nothing (plus it's 5 bucks). Nice find CheapyD. I'm gonna go and get the game sometime this week.

I don't understand all the hate for this game. I saw it at BB for $5 as well today, and while I've only been able to play it for about 30 minutes so far, it's a decent game. Can't really compare to Rock Band as I've never played them, but as far as GH goes, I'd say it's on par with at least the older ones in the series. For $5, a good deal if you ask me. Only complaints I have is that all the songs are unlocked from the get go (or at least appear that way going through the list in quick play) along with how the notes come down the screen. Outside of that though, those are pretty minor complaints IMO.

I played this game a few months ago. It's pretty bad when compared to Rock Band or even to GH, but it's not *quite* as bad as most of the reviews made it out to be. It's far from good, but not the worst game ever made. I managed to get 580 achievement points out of it, and that was only playing the guitar parts. I think there are a few more achivements I could get if I completed a drum career, and then a couple hundred that I can probably never get because I'm not good enough on expert. I wouldn't recommend this if you were spending a significant amount of money, but for 4 or 5 bucks worth of trade-in credit, well...

By the way, I've never seen a game with a $4.49 used price before. That's the 360 price, the PS3 used price is $3.99. Weird.

$5? By one measure, I've heard bad things about this game. By another measure, I do have some experience with Guitar Freaks and I'm a whore for rhythm games. Count me in.

[quote name='slidecage']Heads up if you have PRIME and like music downloads

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Revoluti...53BU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249777936&sr=8-6

6.22 shipped with prime[/QUOTE]Problem: that's the DS version of the game. I've played it. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about the DS game beyond the fact that it doesn't break your DS. It is an absolute failure. Avoid at all costs.

If taking the game from them gave you a $5 off coupon for a future purchase, I'd think about having this in my house.

It's gotta flip somewhere for more than $5.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Actually, because of the insane level of difficulty and the type of scrolling down the screen for the notes which inhibits the view at high speeds, the achievements are really hard since many of them require achieving goals on expert difficulty. The highest GS according to a 360 achievement site I looked at is around 600 by our own flamedliquid. After seeing the difficulty of the expert level I was curious if anyone could get an expert achievement on that game.

Anyway, for $5 it's worth it to me if you don't mind not getting all achievements, if you don't mind covers some of which are lacking and some do sound like the real deal, if you love other guitar games and you need more cause you've played them to death. Basically it is inferior, but it's not as bad as advertised as there are some aspects that are actually better or a fresh take on the typical gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I bought the game a long time ago when it first dropped to $10 and it really isn't that bad. A lot of the covers are better than some of the GH covers from the first 3 games. There's actually a very impressive cover of Breaking Benjamin's Diary of Jane. It does require some getting used to as the notes come straight down, but it really isn't that bad. Most people slamming this game probably have never even played it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I enjoyed the guitar game in RR more than the guitar game in GH4. It's nothing compared to RB2, but it's more fun than the notecharts in GH4.

[quote name='Justin42']Anything that improves System Of A Down songs is totally worth it, what are you talking about??

;)[/QUOTE]
Bill Cosby's Jewish brother doesn't make any song better...

And no I am not talking about Wombat.

[quote name='VaultDweller13']I think the joke that they'd have to pay you to play/own this game has been played out already.[/QUOTE]

So true.
I absolutely agree. It's getting so old!

It's like everyone has to get their own say.

I bought this game for $10, and got about 10 minutes of play time out of it. It really isn't very good, especially if you've played RB or GH.

sounds like a bad game but, it's $5... oh decisions in life.
151l1259.jpg

This isn't even a good derivative game, as the awful covers kill any chance of it being worth playing alone.

Hmm ... footlong sandwich or Rock Revolution. Both may leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I'll probably be done with both in about 10 minutes, so it's a toss up.

Don't buy it. I got it for $10 at Best Buy and regret it. It has songs like Sk8er Boi and shit from Good Charlotte.

Terrible, terrible game.

$5 is the highest price anyone should pay for this. This is one of the only games that made me physically ill. I've never had so much eye pain from looking at this after playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero so much.

You'll get 40 or so songs. A grand total of 2 are master tracks. No vocal mode either. If you've bought all 800+ Rock Band DLC, all the Guitar Hero discs and are just dying for more songs, $5 is well worth it.

I already rented this from GameFly. I honestly wished that Konami could have made this some type of competition for the other games. As you see from this price, it was not.

[quote name='arthritisarty']So true.
I absolutely agree. It's getting so old!

It's like everyone has to get their own say.[/QUOTE]

Third. I was going to come in this thread and say "in before a 'ill wait until its 10 dollars cheaper'" comment but it looks like I was beaten to the punch by about 4 different people.

i saw it for 5 dollars today at BB and it was on the 70% off cart which makes the game 1.50 plus tax.

[quote name='akokonas']i saw it for 5 dollars today at BB and it was on the 70% off cart which makes the game 1.50 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

Please, don't spend 1.50+ tax on it. I traded my copy into Gamestop today for 33 cents, It wasn't worth keeping even at that price.

[quote name='Cheapass24']Please, don't spend 1.50+ tax on it. I traded my copy into Gamestop today for 33 cents, It wasn't worth keeping even at that price.[/QUOTE]

I would much rather have 33 pennied guides than Rock Revolution, you sir made an excellent trade :)

I second that. Poor Konami. They invent the music rhythm genre and then fail to capitalize on it when it finally becomes popular. The piling on of this game is incredible. Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually used the RR drums? They are something....

I ranted about this game in a previous thread when I found it for $5 on clearance at Target - bottom line: avoid this game.

bread's done
Back