laptop at Gamestop

Hmm I dunno from what I have read, this is a pretty good laptop and a nice price for it, maybe not. Just thought id share.

Yeah, I placed an item on that in the Deal Discussion/Bragging forum, cause it's really not a deal just odd that GameStop is selling a used laptop. It was $699 a couple days ago, but a brand new one of that exact versions is $720 - $740 most places. As someone stated in the other thread, probably comes with free pubic hairs, suspicious smears on the screen and sticky keys. With how well they take care of their other used/refurbished items, I doubt this will be any better.

I've kind of thought of switching to Amazon, but it sounds like a huge pain to find boxes, etc., plus it seems like they don't take tons of the games I'd want to trade in. I'm fine with Gamestop's trade in system...I just like Amazon's new prices, and the fact that Amazon sells new games, versus...

I've got an Asus N80 I like pretty well. Had it just over six months (I'm on it right now-use it for work and home).

They've got some new models that have both the high end Nvidia GPU *and* an LED backlit display like mine has (mine "only" has a Geforce 9600GTm, which is really just a faster clocked 8600GT...though it'll run everything out today, if not at full settings in the case of Crysis (though it's still more powerful than the console GPUs).

This looks like the same laptop Best Buy had on sale a few months ago for $650 (new?).

For those that don't have a time machine, you can haggle a new one (of a different brand) down to the same price pretty easily.

So basically what everyone else is saying.

[quote name='JrHu92']but if you do buy then trade aren't you losing money? I'm pretty sure the TIV at amazon doesn't match the sales price at GS[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, if you work the deal right by using a coupon/edge (such as last week's 25% off if you buy two used games) and by picking a game where the trade in value in amazon is relatively high and the GS price is not insane. And with the current $30 coupon bonus with a $60 trade in at amazon, even if the flip isn't 100% efficient, you'll make it up and then some with the $30 coupon and the fact that the new games you buy don't have sales tax as well.

I was on the fence with this laptop for days, then they raised the price 30 bucks, and read people's comments about how used gamestop stuff usually is covered in crap...if they had a new one for that price I would be all over it (have over 1k in gamestop store credit through flipping and its burning a hole in my wallet).

If anyone has a link to this computer new for a reasonable price, please post it :) I'm moving soon and I'm looking to replace my desktop with a capable laptop.

[quote name='K_G']Not necessarily, if you work the deal right by using a coupon/edge (such as last week's 25% off if you buy two used games) and by picking a game where the trade in value in amazon is relatively high and the GS price is not insane. And with the current $30 coupon bonus with a $60 trade in at amazon, even if the flip isn't 100% efficient, you'll make it up and then some with the $30 coupon and the fact that the new games you buy don't have sales tax as well.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

Take for instance the order I sent in last week.

I purchased 4 used games at GS with my Edge Card and an additional 25% off coupon (2 copies of the same game). The total after discounts and tax was about $50. I traded these 4 games to Amazon for $85 (which is already a profit of $35), but in the same instance, they qualified for the "trade in $60 and receive an extra $30 credit" promotion, which now puts me at $115 for 4 games that I purchased at $50...

1-a540dee1-e5ae-4362-8e92-fdfbd399403e-l.jpg

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']

If anyone has a link to this computer new for a reasonable price, please post it :) I'm moving soon and I'm looking to replace my desktop with a capable laptop.[/QUOTE]

Tigerdirect is selling the very same laptop for $739.99. They are currently offering 12.5% Bing Cashback as well. From past experience, they only charge a handful of states with tax. Take all of this into consideration, and it would be around the $647 mark.

Note: This items too is refurbished, so I'm not sure if you are looking to buy new.

Link to Laptop - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4786505&CatId=3444

Link explaining Bing Cashback - http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=93902&t=1455111&highlight=Bing+cashback

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Exactly...

I purchased 4 used games at GS with my Edge Card and an additional 25% off coupon (2 copies of the same game). The total after discounts and tax was about $50. I traded these 4 games to Amazon for $85 (which is already a profit of $35), but in the same instance, they qualified for the "trade in $60 and receive an extra $30 credit" promotion, which now puts me at $115 for 4 games that I purchased at $50...[/QUOTE]

wha games did you go for exactly? next time you do a deal, let me know! i have too much GS credit!!! >.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Tigerdirect is selling the very same laptop for $739.99. They are currently offering 12.5% Bing Cashback as well. From past experience, they only charge a handful of states with tax. Take all of this into consideration, and it would be around the $647 mark.

Note: This items too is refurbished, so I'm not sure if you are looking to buy new.

Link to Laptop - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4786505&CatId=3444

Link explaining Bing Cashback - http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=93902&t=1455111&highlight=Bing+cashback[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this :) With bing cashback its alot cheaper (plus free shipping and no tax which takes off an additional 100 added on to the gamestop price). Doing a little more research then more than likely gonna make a purchase :) whoot

I actually bought the laptop a couple months back at Best Buy (I am on it right now). Got it new for about $800. It works like a charm and plays a lot of graphic demanding PC games I couldn't even play on my old laptop (ex. Crysis).

The deal at TigerDirect is not bad for those looking to pick up a great gaming laptop.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Exactly...

I purchased 4 used games at GS with my Edge Card and an additional 25% off coupon (2 copies of the same game). The total after discounts and tax was about $50. I traded these 4 games to Amazon for $85 (which is already a profit of $35), but in the same instance, they qualified for the "trade in $60 and receive an extra $30 credit" promotion, which now puts me at $115 for 4 games that I purchased at $50...[/QUOTE]

What did you flip? I NEED to get in on this.

[quote name='chuckywang']What did you flip? I NEED to get in on this.[/QUOTE]

Well it won't do you any good, because the the trade-in values have gone down considerably, not to mention the 25% off coupon no longer works.

2 - Endless Ocean (Wii)
2 - Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsabers (Wii)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Thanks for this :) With bing cashback its alot cheaper (plus free shipping and no tax which takes off an additional 100 added on to the gamestop price). Doing a little more research then more than likely gonna make a purchase :) whoot[/QUOTE]

Update: Looks like you could get on top of Cashback, an additional $20 off this purchase ($200 or more)...obviously not a tremendous amount, but $20 nevertheless.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1500345

But hey, unlike their used games, this laptop IS guaranteed to come with a box and instruction manual!

bread's done
Back