Panther Ninja Zombies (Call of Duty: World at War)

duckymcfly99

CAGiversary!
I asked my best friend if Call of Duty: World at War was any good. My other friend looked at him, and they both busted out laughing. I had a quizzical look on my face and asked them what was so funny. "Dude, it sucks so bad. I had to walk away it was so bad. Why are you going to get it or something?" Me: "...uh...no...". Yeah, I already traded my edition of Skate 2 for this game. Was it worth the trade? Did I have and epileptic attack and chuck the controller against the wall and cry because it sucked "Mah balls Paladin!"? (Note: If anyone can make any of the references just post a comment on it) Or did the game make me jump for joy and dance around like Daniel Tosh on cargo pants day? We will have to see...

Story: So your these two guys during World War II. They both start out almost dead.

It's really cool to view the world through Dimitri, a Russian helping a crazy Russian bring down the Nazis. His story is the best because the dude that you go along with is damn sweet. He just bleeds awesomeness.

The other guy is Pvt. Miller. He is captured in the Eastern front and is just about to get killed when a rescue team comes and...well rescues him. From then on they go throughout the Japanese territories and kill banzai's, air planes, and snipers. Really this has the coolest of all action compared to the Russian levels in the game.

Rating: 8/10

Sound: The voice acting is very good as all the "cut scenes" are all happening in the game. The only real cut scene is when you get briefed on your mission
from either the crazy Russ or the bad-ass sergeant that eats masculinity and shits bullets and/or lumberjacks.

The explosions, gun shots, and chatter in the battlefield are realistic. That is what makes this series really great. It's authentic, awesome, and makes you feel as if your there. Again, overall it's great.

Rating: 10/10

Graphics: Ah yes, the graphics in this are amazing. Really, they look realistic and the blood pools, and stays there. The limbs of your enemies are shot off and the Modern Warfare engine really makes the past feel like the present. Really stunning. Clothes are textured and people might move stiff sometimes, but is altogether better then COD 3 *shudders*.

Rating: 9/10

Multiplayer: Two words...NAZI ZOMBIES. Oh yes. Zombies with a political view. Who would have thought of that? Anyway, the zombies stagger, sway and avoid head shots as if it were George W. Bush in Iraq. Really, these guys made zombies...life like? Well they did a great job. Hopefully they have zombies in Modern Warfare 2. Fingers Crossed!

Rating: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

Final words: Yeah, my friends where wrong. It was awesome. The story is kinda short but has replay ability. The multiplayer was awesome because my little brother and I just go to the Xbox and shoot up the zombies until they start eating our brains like fat people at an all you can eat brain buffet. Really, this game is awesome. Buy it and play online. Nazi zombies is way awesome online.

So that's it. Hopefully there isn't any hate mail for this one.

Out of curiosity, have you ever played CoD 4? If so, I think some of those figures might have been lower by at least a number or two lower. Anyway, I agree with you on the NZ portion as I'm a fan of that mode as well, I proudly own all the map packs :)

However, I'll disagree with the overall 9/10 as outside of zombies, the game is a 7/10 at max especially considering the fact that in order to keep zombies fun you need to buy all the map packs which total to $30 so $60 MSRP (game's price) + $30 comes out to $90 which is too much IMO. But as stated, that's just my opinion...

For me personally the only reason I kept WAW instead of trading it in is because of the Nazi Zombies mode. The way they keep releasing DLC that just keeps getting better and better is freaking awesome.

Ok so to clear up some stuff regarding the review, I would like to say this. I have played the 4th Call of Duty. It is one of my favorite games of all time. BUT... this is based off of the fact that the Call of Duty franchise started off of the WWII theme and they did a great job of continuing the that. In fact they made a better game then 2, 3, and the 2nd one for the 360.

i got all the achievements for map pack 3 and almost all the achievements for zombies in general but my friends all moved onto batman and shadow so I was hard pressed to play it with randoms. I think zombies is due for a solo launch its so good. Zombies is one on the best multiplayer experiences on the 360, thats how great it is. you notice I talk about no other aspect of the game cause they are all very blah, if i was to rate, a 7 for multiplayer and singlerplayer, a 10 for zombies.

bread's done
Back