Looking for a good ccomponent video switch

Waughoo

CAGiversary!
Why are these so hard to find? I've been searching for a decent one for awhile now. I really only NEED to switch between my 360, Wii, and Cable Box, but more inputs would be great. First I tried a 3-way cable from Wal-Mart that works for PS3, 360 and Wii, but I didnt find out till I was home that you can only have 1 system hooked to it at once. Then I tried Joytech 240C AV Control Center, which I got off ebay for like $25. Unfortunatly, video cuts out every few seconds while watching cable, and the screen jumps so much when using the Wii that it's unusable. Oddly the 360 has great picture thru it. I'd really like something with remote control, but at this point I think I'll take something that just works. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the old Pelican System Selector Pro. It is fantastic, plus it lets me split Optical Audio and, back when wireless wasn't so popular, it let me split ethernet.

I know they came out with an updated version with remote and I believe HDMI, so you might want to look into something by them. They are not notably the best company, but their video splitters are more than adequate.

I'm looking at the Pelican Selector Pro, but I'm reading that alot of people are having trouble with bad connectors, so I'm not sure about it. tholly, what all do you have running thru yours? Does it drop picture when watching cable thru it?

[quote name='Waughoo']I'm looking at the Pelican Selector Pro, but I'm reading that alot of people are having trouble with bad connectors, so I'm not sure about it. tholly, what all do you have running thru yours? Does it drop picture when watching cable thru it?[/QUOTE]

I've had it for 5+ years now, and I have abused the hell out of it through moving 4 times and it has never once ever had any problem at all.

At one point I had all 8 slots used up, and then some of those slots were split between multiple systems, players, etc. to the point were I think 15 systems were sharing the connections. All worked fine with no loss of signal or degraded quality.

Currently, I have Xbox 360 via component + optical audio, PS3 optical audio (hdmi direct to tv), PS2 component + optical audio, laserdisc s-video + audio, Wii component all hooked up through it.

So, I recommend it highly. I want to get the updated version with a remote....that is the only downfall to mine.....getting up to switch between signals.

[quote name='Aegith']Try monoprice

I've been using that for 2 years not a single problem.[/QUOTE]

Get this one from Monoprice it wont let you down trust me.

I do have the newer Pelican Selector Pro (no HDMI all component) with the remote the one I have is black and I never had a problem with it at all. I upgraded to all HDMI so I no longer need it I would sell it but I know for sure that I would want more than that Monprice one will end up costing you.

Here is link to a old IGN.com revirew of it.
http://gear.ign.com/articles/786/786517p1.html

Here is a pick of what the one I have looks like but mine is black.
pelican-system-selector-pro-20-review-20070508035836495.jpg

And here is a pick of the remote.
pelican-system-selector-pro-20-review-20070508035826963_640w.jpg

bread's done
Back