Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)

Mad_Mail_081209_700px_site_58.jpg
Mad_Mail_081209_700px_site_59.jpg
Mad_Mail_081209_700px_site_60.jpg
Mad_Mail_081209_700px_site_61.jpg

In before back to scool joke. EDIT: Guess I was tardy.

I ordered from them but ended up having to cancel. It's been about a month and a half and still the money hasn't been put back on my card. It says it could take up to two months, but has anyone who had to cancel actually wait that long? I'm not complaining, just wondering if that's usual for everyone.

That Wolfenstein/FragFX pack is incredible...I thinkg the FX goes for $80 by itself. SO either your getting the FX for $35 or Wolfenstein for $15, either way pretty incredible.

I'm curious about Section 8 but I think I'll wait for some reviews first. Southpeak doesn't doesn't have a very solid reputation.

$12.90 is a good price for Baseball Mogul 2010. Im also thinking about getting the Razer Salmosa mouse for $27.90. All the reviews I have seen the Salmosa a good.

Is that really how they spelled it?
EDIT: the DeathAdder Link is broken. It goes to Wolfenstein. I don't want to go to Wolfenstein, that place gives me the creeps.

[quote name='LeRoy']I'm curious about Section 8 but I think I'll wait for some reviews first. Southpeak doesn't doesn't have a very solid reputation.[/QUOTE]

When I hear "Southpeak", I think of them developing the excellent 'Dark Side of the Moon'. That company was sold, however, and became a publisher of some so-so titles and some good ones ('Trine', 'Velvet Assassin', 'Two Worlds'). But they're just the publisher...

The more-important developer is TimeGate Studios: maker of the great 'Kohan' series and the 'F.E.A.R.' expansions.

Regarding 'Section 8' - The trailers look interesting, but I would need to see more than some multiplayer gameplay footage to preorder.

Recertified is basically "Officially" refurbished. Instead of the retailer/third party company fixing it up, it was deemed fit for use by the producer.

Too bad I already plunked down $5 @ Gamestop on a DE of Demon's Souls or I'd pre-order from them. How much is shipping for a single game with them usually? I ask because the DE of Demon's Souls is about $5 off of MSRP as of now.

I may actually cancel my PO though, since I have the import and I haven't even tried to finish it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad I already plunked down $5 @ Gamestop on a DE of Demon's Souls or I'd pre-order from them. How much is shipping for a single game with them usually?[/QUOTE]

Straight Media Mail (dirt cheap on their site) is about $3. Media Mail w/delivery confirmation is around $3.50. Priority is $5-6. Pretty much standard USPS rates. I think they offer UPS or FedEx, but naturally those are a lot more. I've generally stuck with Media Mail w/delivery confirmation, and orders have arrived about a week after shipping, give or take a day or two.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Straight Media Mail (dirt cheap on their site) is about $3. Media Mail w/delivery confirmation is around $3.50. Priority is $5-6. Pretty much standard USPS rates. I think they offer UPS or FedEx, but naturally those are a lot more. I've generally stuck with Media Mail w/delivery confirmation, and orders have arrived about a week after shipping, give or take a day or two.[/QUOTE]

So then they're doing the same as Amazon and other sites and hoping the USPS doesn't inspect their packages en route, since I've always been told that games don't qualify for Media Mail shipping. But that's another topic altogether and I don't wanna get that whole thing started in this thread.

Besides which, first class postage is usually about the same($3-4 with DC) and most times it takes 2-4 business days from sender to recipient. I've had Media take up to 2-3 weeks at times.

I believe games slip by under Media Mail because of some fine print about the purposes of the media rather than the format. My guess is USPS is perfectly aware of all the games going through Media Mail, but finds it profitable to allow it.

Oh, now I remember why I opened up this thread.

I have ordered 2 of the PlayNC 60-day Game Time cards (the ones here for $19, worth $30). I decided not to go ahead with my preorder of Aion, so I no longer need these two cards. I'd like to sell them to someone at cost. I'll just take a paypal payment and send the card's codes by e-mail.

Please PM me if you're interested. I'm thinking $20 each (which is less than I paid, given shipping). These cards work for Aion, Lineage, City of Heroes/Villains, etc, and they don't expire.

I ship games with UPS using media mail all the time, so I don't know what some of you are talking about. The people ask me how do you want this shipped? And I say "I don't know, the cheapest way" and they told me "well it's a video game? then you can ship it media mail and that's the cheapest." I ship them that way all the time and they're the ones who tell me to. But I've also done Parcel Post alot if that's any different and I think it's cheaper.

bread's done
Back