Halo Wars limited edition 35.99 amazon lighting deal

Not trying to be a dick here, but I thought you couldn't play as the Covenant in Halo Wars (I could be wrong).

I hope it is Halo Wars but unless it's $30 or less I doubt I'll bite.

[quote name='benjamouth']but I thought you couldn't play as the Covenant in Halo Wars (I could be wrong).[/QUOTE]

You can play as the Covenant during online matches. You can't play as the flood though.

[quote name='benjamouth']Not trying to be a dick here, but I thought you couldn't play as the Covenant in Halo Wars (I could be wrong).

I hope it is Halo Wars but unless it's $30 or less I doubt I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

I think you can pick it up for $30 currently if you have a K-Mart, or an ad so that you can PM at Best Buy.

Oooh, boy. Hope this is the Halo Wars LE, they had it before in Goldbox, but it was still $60. They already tried giving it away with the Elite consoles a few weeks ago, so hopefully they just try to clear stock and mark it down to $40-ish.

[quote name='benjamouth']Does anyone know if the ECA discount can be used on a Gold Box deal ?[/QUOTE]

Yes it can and the percentage it takes is off the original price, not the discounted. :applause:

Hmm...the demo for Halo Wars was kind of okay, but it mostly just made me want to play Ensemble's PC games. The base building is drastically dumbed down, and that's my favorite part, and the rest of it is as annoying as ever on a control pad. (Although the whole thing did seem much better than EA's games or Universe at War on consoles...though that's saying nothing.)

I *might* get it for $10, but no way I'd spend more than that.

I rented it and it worked really well on the gamepad. I was impressed. I'd probably buy it for $20 or $30.

If this were $25 or so, I would definitely pick it up. I got to see it at a friends house, and it actually looked like a lot of fun.

The halo board game is ok, you really have to modify some rules because they are fairly barebones. Also not explained very well.... It would be kind of nice if its the new halo risk board game, but I dont think thats out yet.... Or possibly those halo mega blocks? I'd think most likely halo wars though

so what would it matter if it's the Halo Wars LE? I mean the mythic map pack is already out now & that was the big whoop about getting the LE wasn't it?

Hell I've still got my LE goodies sealed sitting on a shelf. Wife opened her's & I didn't see anything worthwhile to me personally in there. So mine's been sitting on the shelf since release.

EDIT:
also that link tales me to a page w/ Clogs... is this a clue for tomorrow or something? & where is it on the page?

EDIT x2:
nevermind I found it.

Didn't get this in the mail yet to send to amazon with my last trade-in. I locked it in again for 20 bucks before it plummets...I was going to try and see if I could get 25 or 30 out of it, but that hardly seems like a deal if it's on sale for 30 at multiple places. Oh well

after looking at some stuff online it looks like it'll be the Halo Interactive Strategy Game... which in stock according to amazon.com

[quote name='Cleric_80']so what would it matter if it's the Halo Wars LE? I mean the mythic map pack is already out now & that was the big whoop about getting the LE wasn't it?

Hell I've still got my LE goodies sealed sitting on a shelf. Wife opened her's & I didn't see anything worthwhile to me personally in there. So mine's been sitting on the shelf since release.

EDIT:
also that link tales me to a page w/ Clogs... is this a clue for tomorrow or something? & where is it on the page?

EDIT x2:
nevermind I found it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cleric_80']this is true... hence "what's the big deal?"[/QUOTE]

Since I'm the only one who mentioned the LE, I assume your first post was directed at me. And in that case, I do not want to pay for the Mythic maps directly, and I like to Limited Editions, this one being nice because it is a steelbook.

And this COULD be a big deal, as if it is the regular edition of the game, it could be $20, which is lower than any other store and with no tax, so it is a "big deal."

Halo Wars Limited Edition at $35.99

Items: $63.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Magazine Promotion: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$6.40
Credit Upon Ship: -$0.00
Lightning Deal: -$28.00
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif

------
Total Before Tax: $29.59
Estimated Tax: $0.00
---------------------------
Order Total: $29.59

You got free shipping!

Fantastic price. ^ ^

Yeah I bit, $29.59 with ECA was worth it.

EDIT - So the Map back you get is for Halo 3, damn don't have that anymore, ah well I'll trade it or something.

Damn, was planning on getting ECA soon, but not today, but $36 is plenty a good enough price!

Edit: Decided to bite the bullet and just pay the $20 for ECA now, it will already pay for itself when I order a few more games, which I plan on soon :) Was planning on getting the regular edition from Gamecrazy for $25 used, so this is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stevo1002']what is ECA?[/QUOTE]

Check the forums main deals page. Find the ECA thread and read the 1st post. Homework.

This is an excellent deal even without the ECA. Highly recommended game, even if you don't enjoy RTS's.

I'll admit I'm not the biggest RTS fan but simple controls & a familiar storyline got me interested in this title.

I already have the LE of this myself so you guys have fun b/c even sealed I don;t think the resale/trade value is gonna be too high.

Purchased one with ECA + Prime. I've been wanting it since release, and this is a great price, considering the standard edition's on sale this week at some B&Ms for $30 + tax.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Decided to bite the bullet and just pay the $20 for ECA now, it will already pay for itself when I order a few more games, which I plan on soon :)[/QUOTE]

I bought my membership about three weeks, and I've already saved more with the Amazon discount than I paid for the membership.

*Insert shameless plug here*

I am looking for some co-op help in this game. I think I'm on the 4th or 5th chapter. If anyone wouldn't mind helping just send me a PM/XBL friend request tellin me where you got my name (so I don't get confused). Thanks.

I ordered one. I PM'd the standard one at BB for $32.04 w/tax. Haven't opened it so will return it. This is cheaper with my ECA and it's the Limited!!

[quote name='Mysterio']
I bought my membership about three weeks, and I've already saved more with the Amazon discount than I paid for the membership.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm afraid of, I don't want this membership to make me buy even more games, but I'm sure it will ;)

[quote name='ohboy10451']blah. Actually going for less on eBay[/QUOTE]Just scanned over the BIN auctions for the game in all conditions. Not a single one was less than this deal.

Some bid auctions are - sure, but they don't end at those prices.

This is fantastic! I just picked up the normal version on Monday from KMart (man what a crap hole that place is) but I never opened it.

This deal with ECA added on top is just too much to resist.

I NEVER said BIN auctions. Most are in the middle 20's with about three or four hours left. The value will decrease even more now with all the hoarders.

[quote name='Doomtime']But you used buy it now as well which takes a huge chunk.[/QUOTE]

Buy it now doesn't take a huge chunk if you listed it as an auction...I listed it as an auction with a Buy it Now option...the large chunk is only for BIN ONLY auctions.

[quote name='ohboy10451']I NEVER said BIN auctions. Most are in the middle 20's with about three or four hours left. The value will decrease even more now with all the hoarders.[/QUOTE]

Show me one sealed US version that sold for under 30 bucks...there aren't any...at least none that I can find. As for hoarders, you can only buy one copy with gold box deals...

bread's done
Back