SONY PS3 SLIM Thread, AVAILABLE NOW $299, SHARE YOUR STORIES

Oswald9599

CAGiversary!
The proof is in the picture kids.... (updated with extra pic)
BEGINS 8/19/09
PS3 SLIM SHIPS AUGUST 25th ( Pre-Orders state "Ships 8/25")
$299. 120 GIGS SLIMMER FASTER SMARTER

NOW YOU CAN DUMP YOUR FAT PS3 FOR A SLIMMER ONE, JERK!
ps3-slim-big-1.jpg

3833615213_2c582aab60_b.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

The PS3 system will be $299 for the 80 gig system and $399 for the 160 uncharted bundle, just like myself and so many other people mentioned this past week. Your pal Oswald went down and got the proof so that the many haters and nonbelievers would get what they need and finally start with the enthusiasm that an announcement like this deserves. This Pic is from a sign that might be up in some stores near you, but be warned this price drop is not in any way officially announced by SONY. This price drop will take effect most likely the first week of September or sooner (NOTE: THE EXAMINER LISTED THIS EVENT AS STARTING ON SUNDAY AUG 16, THIS IN NO WAY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED). Sadly the PS3 slim is still just a rumor, but with the old hardware not being shipped anymore, for article go here, the slim can't be far behind. The YMMV deal with FYE is not active or YMMV that deal needs to be deleted. All stores will run this at the same time nationally. More info will come as I get it.

UPDATE 8/16/09: I Checked with every FYE in my area, 15 stores. All the stores have been told by the district manager, after an email I sent him, that this sale/pricedrop will be active once word from SONY is given. GAMESCOM 2009 is tuesday, that will be the first likely news that we get from SONY officialy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean less bitching on the price or are people still going to say it is too expensive?

[quote name='Oswald9599']Im almost sure of it.[/QUOTE]

hey are all the stores dropping their prices on sunday or just fye?

[quote name='FroMann']Does this mean less bitching on the price or are people still going to say it is too expensive?[/QUOTE]

lmao my first damn thought exactly. you know they will still complain about it and if its not the price then they will whine about not having bc or extra usb ports lol.

[quote name='wwe101']hey are all the stores dropping their prices on sunday or just fye?[/QUOTE]

I dont actually have the full info on that. I do know that the EXAMINER post is def. not confirmed. THIS WILL BE NATIONAL when it happens so I doubt it would be this sunday. You never know though.

yeah thats fine, just change it so that it doesnt say YMMV anymore, and give me some credit and Im cool with it. I mainly did this because I posted this days ago and most of the people on here laughed at me.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't know...that hand definitely looks shopped.[/QUOTE]

lol, that's my hand you ass. :lol:

I assure you, if this gets posted in the deals section, you'll have a) a bunch of moron questions and b) a lawsuit.

[quote name='JJSP']I assure you, if this gets posted in the deals section, you'll have a) a bunch of moron questions and b) a lawsuit.[/QUOTE]

eek!! i already posted this in the deals section yesterday, should i delete it?

[quote name='Oswald9599']lol, that's my hand you ass. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well we all know what that means....

YOU'RE NOT REAL!

[quote name='FroMann']Does this mean less bitching on the price or are people still going to say it is too expensive?[/QUOTE]

It's still too expensive (this coming from someone who paid $499 for a launch system :lol:).

[quote name='CheapyD']Oswald, I sent you an email.[/QUOTE]

I responded Cheapy.

Let me know if it goes through or not.

[quote name='wwe101']oswald, do you want me to delete the thread in the deals forum?[/QUOTE]

For now just take the pic out of the thread. I think that the powers that be are working on something. Cool? Thanks for the enthusiasm though wwe.

[quote name='KingBroly']Maybe this one should just be moved to Deals, then. Also, what weekly ad is this for anyway?[/QUOTE]

King this is not a weekly ad, yet. I got this from the actual signage. The date is still unclear, but at least we know now that it's soon and that we can all save some money.

Wow, still too expensive for my tastes but it makes sense to finally drop the price a bit. (Also Pachter was finally right about something!)

[quote name='prence']Wow, still too expensive for my tastes but it makes sense to finally drop the price a bit. (Also Pachter was finally right about something!)[/QUOTE]

lol, come on it's so much better than $499. Also I heard some rumors that there might be patches coming for BC so this is def. a win win. PS3 $299 and Xb360 $299, now the real holiday console wars begin.

Hell yeah, OP!

Hell yeah.

And I guarantee this forum post will be on the mainstream blogs/gaming websites within hours.

Or at least the picture will, as some websites *cough* Kotaku *cough cough* often forget to credit the original source.

By the way, you are the man, son!

Great freaking news, just in time for me. I was hoping for a price drop by the time Uncharted 2 comes out, looks like I'll be getting one! Woop.

[quote name='JJSP']We're Cheapy is so getting sued again.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. That's the first thing I thought when I saw it on the front page. I'm wouldn't be surprised if Cheapy has already alerted his attorney to the possibility.

[quote name='KingDox']If it doesn't play PS2 games I don't want it. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

It won't , it's the same old PS3, not a slim. This is standard procedure for clearing out old inventory before releasing a new product. Sony won't announce a slim until they know that a minimum of 95% of inventory has been sold.

[quote name='antlp89']Hell yeah, OP!

Hell yeah.

And I guarantee this forum post will be on the mainstream blogs/gaming websites within hours.

Or at least the picture will, as some websites *cough* Kotaku *cough cough* often forget to credit the original source.

By the way, you are the man, son![/QUOTE]

thanks for the love!:D

Am I wrong, or is this more of a "free harddrive upgrade" than a price cut. Wasn't there $299 and $399 PS3's before? Have the harddrives just gotten bigger?

=/ Then there's no way the Slim launches at $299 now...sad face. Unless this $299 thing is just to simply clear out stock....then Sony has a ton of pissed off customers complaining that they just bought a PS3 for $299, then they come out with a better, slimmer model for the same price.

I wonder if I will be able to buy a used BC compatible one for a lot cheaper now. I'll have to investigate. Great scoop Oswald!

[quote name='KingDox']If it doesn't play PS2 games I don't want it. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

What are you gonna wait for? Because BC will never come back to the system.

Does it seem out of line to anyone else that in the next month or so Sony will be selling the PSP for a mere $50 less than the PS3?

Technically its not a price drop if the 80 gig @ $299 is being discontinued. Its a SKU shuffle. Its a price drop when there is an in production model below $399.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Mmm never say never...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/29/sony-patents-software-based-ps2-cpu-emulation/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know about that. As much as I wish you folks that don't have a BC system can get it back/get a BC system, I just very much doubt it'll happen.

The stuff in that link have already been discussed in other forums and people concluded that there's no way we can get BC back w/o the EE/GS chips (and the parts for that would cost sony $$)

I'll still hope that it comes back one day but it just seems foolish to keep waiting even longer for it, especially now that the price is 299.

love my MGS4 bundle :p

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Technically its not a price drop if the 80 gig @ $299 is being discontinued. Its a SKU shuffle. Its a price drop when there is an in production model below $399.[/QUOTE]

lol, buzzkill. Though you technically might be right, it doesnt take away from the fact that these prices will probably see the light of day before the slim. Making them to the general buyer a price drop, and to most non buzkill people as well.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back