* * * * - 39 votes

PSN Code Trading Thread - READ THE OP! ONE POST EVERY THREE DAYS!

#13351 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3744 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:55 PM

WANT: Road Redemption US

HAVE: PayPal

#13352 zeze   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   559 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:23 PM

Want:

Nekopara Vol.1

Have: 

Amazon GC

#13353 Tmega   No Longer In Training CAGiversary!   1229 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

Have: South Park TFBW Season Pass and Towlie DLC

Want:PayPal and Amazon offers

#13354 Nickk_Jones  

Nickk_Jones

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:38 AM

I think you're misunderstanding the way I've written it out.
If I wait until you're ready to send a code to pay you. There's no reason we can't conduct a transaction within a few minutes. Why would I send you money when you're not ready to send the code. That isn't unreasonable at all.

All of my transactions here have went exactly like that. Why let someone pay you if you're busy? Have you ever bought anything from a stranger?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Just to let you and other folks know, this has happened many many times across many many internet selling platforms. A user is a fantastifc seller, sometimes for years in a row with no issues and great feedback, and then they randomly go rogue for whatever reason. Sometimes it's because they've fallen on hard times, sometimes it's because of a compromised account, sometimes they lose their sources and just want to cash out one last time since they no longer have a product. Past reviews don't mean anything when someone is acting the complete opposite of those past ways. I've traded with said seller in the past and it was nothing like this. Something is up and sadly, most of these people are probably out of luck. The only way to be 1000% sure you'll have a CHANCE at getting your money back is to pay through PAYPAL NON-FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Even then it's a process and doesn't always work.

I sincerely hope you and others figure this out and find out this was all just some big mistake. But with the evidence at hand (multiple people scammed, the account still being active, people having conversations with him when he's gone dark on others) it doesn't look good.

Edit: Also, there is a reason he's now using this Square Cash App. It is a preferred channel for scammers because they provide no money back guarantees. My sister was scammed this way online for concert tickets as well. Your credit cards will most likely not help you with charge backs on it, either. She uses a big bank and they basically told her she was SOL.

#13355 DenBroncosFan1988  

DenBroncosFan1988

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:22 AM

I called my bank (Chase) and they reversed the payment. They said they would need to do an investigation, but I assume it worked in my favor given that there's no way to contact the seller to do an investigation.

There's literally only my word and the fact I've never encountered an incident that required a charge back so that helped.

#13356 BooGeY   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:48 AM

Likewise, Chase reverse charge and doing an investigation. Square already said they will work with bank since cannot cancel charge or reverse since user has transferred the funds to their bank.

I called my bank (Chase) and they reversed the payment. They said they would need to do an investigation, but I assume it worked in my favor given that there's no way to contact the seller to do an investigation.
There's literally only my word and the fact I've never encountered an incident that required a charge back so that helped.

#13357 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1832 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:08 PM

Just to let you and other folks know, this has happened many many times across many many internet selling platforms. A user is a fantastifc seller, sometimes for years in a row with no issues and great feedback, and then they randomly go rogue for whatever reason. Sometimes it's because they've fallen on hard times, sometimes it's because of a compromised account, sometimes they lose their sources and just want to cash out one last time since they no longer have a product. Past reviews don't mean anything when someone is acting the complete opposite of those past ways. I've traded with said seller in the past and it was nothing like this. Something is up and sadly, most of these people are probably out of luck. The only way to be 1000% sure you'll have a CHANCE at getting your money back is to pay through PAYPAL NON-FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Even then it's a process and doesn't always work.

Yeah, but when you buy from anyone on this site, what do they tell you? "Use PayPal Friends & Family."

#13358 SamKaar   999 Lover CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:29 PM

H:

Call of Cthulhu PS4 code

W:

PayPal (priority)

Amazon

#13359 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6804 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, but when you buy from anyone on this site, what do they tell you? "Use PayPal Friends & Family."

You can always force it and pay the fee yourself.

#13360 chellotte8  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:29 PM

H: Shadow of the Tomb Raider PS4 NA code

W: Red Dead Redemption 2 or Spider Man

#13361 Scoop24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:50 PM

H:$50 psn
W: $45 pp

#13362 ritchardf  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

You can always force it and pay the fee yourself.

i think this is an anti-scam tactic more than just trying to get around the fees. maybe im wrong but i dont think you can do a chargeback with friends and family, short of doing something with a credit card company. so people do f&f so they dont have to worry about someone trying to do something on day 30 (or whatever it is now)

#13363 zeze   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   559 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:10 PM

i think this is an anti-scam tactic more than just trying to get around the fees. maybe im wrong but i dont think you can do a chargeback with friends and family, short of doing something with a credit card company. so people do f&f so they dont have to worry about someone trying to do something on day 30 (or whatever it is now)

It is 180 days to file a paypal dispute. For g&s a buyer can scam a seller and for f&f a seller can scam a buyer. It is basically pick your poison. 

#13364 NoNeedF0RaName   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

NoNeedF0RaName

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:18 PM

W: Astro Bot Rescue Mission
H: PayPal

#13365 gmanxman  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:54 PM

#13366 sammiefry  

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:59 PM

H: Steel Rats PS4 deluxe edition EU REGION code

W: $8 PayPal F&F or Amazon

#13367 iTETSUO   Kaneda! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:38 AM

Want - 12 month PlayStation plus

Have - amazon , xbl, psn , payment of your choice

#13368 Nickk_Jones  

Nickk_Jones

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:11 AM

It's worth paying the small fee for non-F+F for them to have that security. That's what I do anyway. For a 40$ purchase it's like 1.50.

#13369 Scoop24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:59 AM

It's worth paying the small fee for non-F+F for them to have that security. That's what I do anyway. For a 40$ purchase it's like 1.50.

It also very easy for seller to scammed like this with a easy charge back . Just like the guy saying cash app is scam . When a easy bank dispute will get your money refunded. Also if your power seller like some f&f is helpful in avoiding being taxed at the end of the year after you reach certain limit. There is no cut and dry method to this we take a risk everytime we do a transaction . Just gotta do your best to avoid shaky people . Thanks to this crap I got people asking me to give codes first . That’s never gonna happen I been here to long and work to hard on proving myself as some one that’s trustworthy and not a scammer . To have people with way less rep than asking me to go first .

#13370 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3168 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:57 AM

I did over $800 in business with that guy. I’m all digital and he was my best source of credit for psn, xbl, etc. I wonder what happened. Dude must have really needed that money. Feel sorry for you guys that got scammed. I did find it a little weird when he started using that cash app whatever.

For me personally, I’m probably only going to use PayPal or Venmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13371 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3168 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:58 AM

It also very easy for seller to scammed like this with a easy charge back . Just like the guy saying cash app is scam . When a easy bank dispute will get your money refunded. Also if your power seller like some f&f is helpful in avoiding being taxed at the end of the year after you reach certain limit. There is no cut and dry method to this we take a risk everytime we do a transaction . Just gotta do your best to avoid shaky people . Thanks to this crap I got people asking me to give codes first . That’s never gonna happen I been here to long and work to hard on proving myself as some one that’s trustworthy and not a scammer . To have people with way less rep than asking me to go first .

so you’re ok with you the seller having protection but now the buyer? Weird flex but ok.

#13372 Scoop24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:31 AM

so you’re ok with you the seller having protection but now the buyer? Weird flex but ok.

That’s not what I said but ok..

#13373 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3168 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:32 AM

That’s not what I said but ok..

it’s what you implied though. I just put it in actual words for you but ok. Like I said. Weird flex but whatever.

#13374 Scoop24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

it’s what you implied though. I just put it in actual words for you but ok. Like I said. Weird flex but whatever.

I didn’t implie anything I pointed there is risk for the seller as well as the buyer .

#13375 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3168 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:51 AM

I didn’t implie anything I pointed there is risk for the seller as well as the buyer .

You’re right I just read it again. Too early in the morning. I’m sorry.

#13376 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3294 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:27 PM

I just want to chime in and say that Scoop24 is the real deal as I've bought from him many many many times in the past.

#13377 xoJaimexo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

Have: Madden NFL 19
Want: $25 amazon credit or offers

#13378 Unholy_Headbanger   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1773 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Unholy_Headbanger

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:06 PM

H:
Final fantasy xv ROYAL EDITION dlc code

W: royal edition code for Xbox one.
Or paypal

#13379 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9122 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:19 PM

H: PayPal
W: PSN Credit

#13380 Emoney244   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:11 AM

Want:
PS+ 3 month and year membership

Have:
Paypal