GoGamer: Blood Bowl Pre-Season Madness

Great deals. I am tempted by Dead Space, GTA: San Andreas on PC (the mods!), and Hitman Blood Money. Little strapped for cash at the moment.

Wish they accepted trade-ins or something.. lol

I was looking at Dead Space, too. Does anyone know how the PC version stacks up against the PS3 version? Just because of the genre of the game I can't help but think about Resident Evil 5 on the PC, which just wouldn't be as good.

Also, I posted this on the last Madness thread, but I have 2 of the PlayNC 60-day game time cards coming in that I won't be using. They're good for current NCSoft games as well as the upcoming Aion. Let me know if you're interested. I'll send the codes via e-mail for a paypal payment of just under what I paid.

EDIT: Also, has anyone played Last Remnant for PC? I'm kind of RPG-starved and I don't have a 360.

obviously the PC version of Dead Space looks better, some people complain about the mouse & keyboard controls feeling sluggish; but it seems that if you turn v-sync off it should fix it. You can also use the 360 controller with it.

The Last Remnant has a demo on Steam.

[quote name='Esoteria']I was looking at Dead Space, too. Does anyone know how the PC version stacks up against the PS3 version? Just because of the genre of the game I can't help but think about Resident Evil 5 on the PC, which just wouldn't be as good.

Also, I posted this on the last Madness thread, but I have 2 of the PlayNC 60-day game time cards coming in that I won't be using. They're good for current NCSoft games as well as the upcoming Aion. Let me know if you're interested. I'll send the codes via e-mail for a paypal payment of just under what I paid.

EDIT: Also, has anyone played Last Remnant for PC? I'm kind of RPG-starved and I don't have a 360.[/QUOTE]
The only thing missing from the PC version of Dead SPace would be the achievements/ trophies, otherwise it is the superior version and playable with either keybaord and mouse or with a 360 pad. The latter is much more enjoyable though.

[quote name='silent h3ro']The only thing missing from the PC version of Dead SPace would be the achievements/ trophies, otherwise it is the superior version and playable with either keybaord and mouse or with a 360 pad. The latter is much more enjoyable though.[/QUOTE]

I played through with keyboard/mouse. I guess it depends which you prefer, but I prefer the accuracy of the mouse/keyboard. The game is intentionally slower paced, so you may get frustrated if you're used to fast reactions with the mouse, otherwise I think mouse/keyboard is the way to play. Looks and runs great.

I played PC and PS3 version of Dead Space. PC version has WEIRD mouse accelleration issues. You would think that mouse-aiming would be intuitive but it is strange and unresponsive. Careful.

Good stuff. 360 controller is cheap =)
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='crowbb']Crap I'd jump all over Blood Bowl if not for Securom. I have the original from years ago and loved it.[/QUOTE]

I really want to recommend it as it's a fantastic game, but the copy protection is really annoying, yes.

$189.90 is a good price on the XBOX 360 Pro 60GB console considering is $110 off regular price and it comes with a 120 day warranty, and a free FedEx labe just in case for defective replacements.

Dead Space PC with the Xbox 360 controller (except for that asteroid part) is gaming bliss.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I played PC and PS3 version of Dead Space. PC version has WEIRD mouse accelleration issues. You would think that mouse-aiming would be intuitive but it is strange and unresponsive. Careful.[/QUOTE]

You need to turn on vsync, it should solve the issue.

[quote name='Xealot42']Waiting on Dead Space to be in stock to order it and GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

if Dead space is out, it's unlikely that they will get more in stock. They've had stuff run out before.

[quote name='Esoteria']I was looking at Dead Space, too. Does anyone know how the PC version stacks up against the PS3 version? Just because of the genre of the game I can't help but think about Resident Evil 5 on the PC, which just wouldn't be as good.

EDIT: Also, has anyone played Last Remnant for PC? I'm kind of RPG-starved and I don't have a 360.[/QUOTE]

Last remnant PC is actually better than the 360 version, mainly because you can use all named leaders instead of being limited to six and having to pad your roster out with generic soldiers. There were other balance changes as well.

[quote name='crowbb']Crap I'd jump all over Blood Bowl if not for Securom. I have the original from years ago and loved it.[/QUOTE]
Me too. That's at least 10 games that haven't gotten my money because of idiot DRM schemes.

I think I'll just wait (and hope it's good) for the DS or PSP version.

[quote name='xycury']if Dead space is out, it's unlikely that they will get more in stock. They've had stuff run out before.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Go F Urself Gamer is notorious for running out quickly.
I'll never forget the Wolverine PC fiasco where they ran out, got more in stock but charged the full price even though the sale was still going on.

If you missed it, you missed it.

[quote name='Zimmy']Yep, Go F Urself Gamer is notorious for running out quickly.
I'll never forget the Wolverine PC fiasco where they ran out, got more in stock but charged the full price even though the sale was still going on.

If you missed it, you missed it.[/QUOTE]
That's a frustrating situation, but the reasoning is clear. They got Batch A of the product for cost X per unit, and could sell them based on X. Then they ran out and ordered Batch B which cost Y per unit, and I'm guessing Y was greater than the Madness price. The mistake they made is putting it up for sale before the Madness ended. That's just kind of mean.

Also, thanks for the advice on Dead Space and Last Remnant. I'm gonna hold off for now but I'll definitely jump on one or both of those at the next good opportunity.

bread's done
Back