Amazon DotD Golden Axe Beast Rider $14.98 Xbox360 only

Chlorox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Deal of the day is Golden Axe Beast Rider for the 360 only. Seems to be quite a few mixed reviews on this one. I suppose if you're in the mood for a beat'em up then this isn't the worst choice you could make.

http://www.amazon.com/Golden-Axe-Beast-Rider-Xbox-360/dp/B00 0XJO78Y/ref=br_lf_m_1000208101_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0D ER&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=485725931&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1 401&pf_rd_i=1000208101&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TBXV4F JF8Y4F8H4Z319

Also the trade-in deal of the day is Super Princess Peach for the DS and will get you $20 in trade credit. Hope this is useful form somebody.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I got in on it when it was $10 on Amazon this past winter. It's not THAT bad as all the reviews make it sound. It's all subjective, I got it more for the nostalgia of Golden Axe since I used to play Golden Axe all the time when I was a kid on the Sega Master System. Ah, kicking those potion thieves... :razz: that was the best.

I recently played the original Golden Axe again on the 360 via the Genesis Collection and I enjoyed Beast Rider MUCH more. I only picked it up for $5 at the HWV sale, but I got 6+ hour of good fun out of it. The combat uses a neat parry/dodge system...because of that, it will keep you on your toes throughout.

I'm on the fence. I loved the original Golden Axe, but Beast Rider looks sooo generic (and exceedingly beige). My good judgment is telling me to rent it, but rentals are $5-7... To hell with it -- I'm in.

This game seems destined for the Newegg $15 or less thread sooner or later. I'd probably pick it up sub-$10 just for the nostalgia factor since I loved Golden Axe as a kid.

Beast Rider, huh? Can you still beat the living crap out of the little elven thieves?

LionRidingHorse.jpg

I'd say it's a decent game. Worth $15 is debateable (I also got it for $5 in the HWV sale), but the combat system is probably better then some other hack n slashes I played seeing how you need to play a bit of defense instead of just hitting one or two buttons the whole time (my main problem with hack n slash games).

@DesertEagle - Yeah, you can still beat the crap out of those little thieves. :p

On paper, this game prob had so much potential, somehow squandered in development. I'd jump for $10, no more.

bread's done
Back