Goozex has a New update you can now trade your UMD,DVD,HDDVD,Blu-ray

[quote name='slidecage']prices suck though... good luck getting people to send at those low prices

plus the website is so freaking slow[/QUOTE]

Probably slow because they're updating? And people are pretty good about sending 100 point games. Even with shipping included, you make about $2.50 per 100 game sent.

[quote name='slidecage']prices suck though... good luck getting people to send at those low prices

Prices are right where they should be.

Most Blu-Rays are around 350-400, especially the somewhat older titles that can be had on Amazon for around $15.

I like this update, though it is hard to navigate with how slow everything is running on it but they will hopefully have it back to normal in no time.

I listed like 4 Blu-ray around 4:00 and 3 of them already have offers pending. Even though I will never watch the movies again I might just cancel the trades and just keep the movies for now. There is really nothing at the moment I want to use the points towards.

It's best you don't participate, Slide. I don't want to match up with your BL Batman: The Animated Series V4 (250 points) to find out that your niece accidentally took a dump in the box and wiped the walls with disc 3 after you send it to me...

I'm sending out Nightmare On Elm Street Infinifilm for 150 points and will have Curb Your Enthusiasm S1 (200 pts) sent to me soon.

Aside from a few weird pricepoints (200 points for the entire Friday the 13th Crystal Lake box set???, no one in their right mind would give that up so cheap) it looks great.

As for the bogdown: I've seen worse every time Woot.com has a BoC offering. You have to imagine every movie ever made on DVD/BD is now up for grabs at the same exact time, so everyone wants to get in line first. It's like a Goozex AAA New Release Monday Night x 9,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig'].

Aside from a few weird pricepoints (200 points for the entire Friday the 13th Crystal Lake box set???, no one in their right mind would give that up so cheap) it looks great.

[/QUOTE]

lol yeah and the complete Brady Bunch collection is also 200 points. On the opposite end, the complete series of Full House is like 1200.

[quote name='ajh2298']I listed like 4 Blu-ray around 4:00 and 3 of them already have offers pending. Even though I will never watch the movies again I might just cancel the trades and just keep the movies for now. There is really nothing at the moment I want to use the points towards.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so you're a dick, ok... Why the fuck did you list them if you didn't want to trade them?

I'm glad they decided to do HD-DVD's. At first they said they weren't going to deal with them but enough people complained apparently so now they're dealing with them.

Nice. Might be a good way to unload some of my unwanted Blu's and DVD's. If I end up doing the Red2Blu offer that'd be a good way to unload the non-cover art HD-DVD's I'd be left with.

Only thing I'm worried about is if I actually want to receive movies; hopefully they won't be beat to shit and will include stuff like the slipcover.

[quote name='Kerig']It's best you don't participate, Slide. I don't want to match up with your BL Batman: The Animated Series V4 (250 points) to find out that your niece accidentally took a dump in the box and wiped the walls with disc 3 after you send it to me...

I'm sending out Nightmare On Elm Street Infinifilm for 150 points and will have Curb Your Enthusiasm S1 (200 pts) sent to me soon.

As for the bogdown: I've seen worse every time Woot.com has a BoC offering. You have to imagine every movie ever made on DVD/BD is now up for grabs at the same exact time, so everyone wants to get in line first. It's like a Goozex AAA New Release Monday Night x 9,000.[/QUOTE]

dont know if you got my pm about that batman or not....i decided to open up my copy and found disc 3 of 4 was lose and crack... So i took that one back for a refund and kept the other set (opened it up and was perfect)

I was looking at dumping my other higher end box sets and even those prices are sort of low

lost season 1 .2 .3 only grabs like 350 pts (less then 20) when spent over 40 each on them

sad you cant check just for box sets

[quote name='mietha']Oh, so you're a dick, ok... Why the fuck did you list them if you didn't want to trade them?[/QUOTE]

I do want to trade them but for the movies I want I dont want to have the points sitting in my account for weeks or months because people never list the movies I want. My main want right now is a Blu-ray version of "Role Models" as of last night its not even in there database.

some found
Clerks Uncensored (2-Disc Set) 100
Greg the Bunny (2 Disc Set) 100
King of the Hill - Season 4 150
WWE - Wrestlemania XXI (3-Disc Set) 150

going to try to get matched for

clerks and king ofthe hill.... just traded off a gamei piad 5 for 300 pts.. be a nice swap

Haha, Getting 400 for Advent Children, Kinda sucks but oh freakin well, I dont watch it on Blue-ray anyways, once you've seen it, thats that.

[quote name='Spanish_Godzilla']Haha, Getting 400 for Advent Children, Kinda sucks but oh freakin well, I dont watch it on Blue-ray anyways, once you've seen it, thats that.[/QUOTE]

thats 20$

I wish I could get in on this, but I got permanently banned from Goozex because of their dumbass policies (namely, my brother made an account after I had, so they banned us both after seeing that we had the same address. Assholes).

I used to think the site made no sense because prices could not even go up if a thousand people wanted it but noone had it.

But it seems they can increase prices now at least a little bit... Though the amount of people who are in waiting lists is such a discouragement sometimes it would be a lot easier to just make the price higher.

Just found out about this; it took me by surprise. I think I'll spend the day listing my DVDs now lol.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I wish I could get in on this, but I got permanently banned from Goozex because of their dumbass policies (namely, my brother made an account after I had, so they banned us both after seeing that we had the same address. Assholes).[/QUOTE]

On one hand you can't really blame them--there has been a lot of people making fake accounts so they could jump the queue line (I've been a victim already 4 times). Then again being permanently banned is too much.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Just found out about this; it took me by surprise. I think I'll spend the day listing my DVDs now lol.

On one hand you can't really blame them--there has been a lot of people making fake accounts so they could jump the queue line (I've been a victim already 4 times). Then again being permanently banned is too much.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I mean, I can understand them banning people to prevent people from doing just that, but I feel that it's ridiculous that my brother and I can't each have our own accounts. It's less of a problem now that I don't live at home, but what about if my roommate wants to have an account, and I want to have one as well? It's ridiculous that they don't make exceptions for things like that. I also feel that being permabanned was way over the top.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I wish I could get in on this, but I got permanently banned from Goozex because of their dumbass policies (namely, my brother made an account after I had, so they banned us both after seeing that we had the same address. Assholes).[/QUOTE]

Yeah damn them for having policies to prevent abuse!!!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yeah damn them for having policies to prevent abuse!!![/QUOTE]
How is it abuse when more than 1 person in a household (say, roommates sharing an apartment or something), both want to have an account? They need to make exceptions, but refuse to.

[quote name='YodaEXE']How is it abuse when more than 1 person in a household (say, roommates sharing an apartment or something), both want to have an account? They need to make exceptions, but refuse to.[/QUOTE]

And what method would you like them to use to prove that you indeed are two separate people, and not just one trying to scam the system?

Also, if you're roommates...in a college setting perhaps, do you not have individual post office boxes you could set the addresses (or at least one) to?

I think this is great. I hope I'm able to pick up the Blu Ray Dexter seasons at those prices. However, I think it would be a good idea to finally start including a "Disc and Case" option as I don't know if many people care about the thin slice of paper that comes with DVDs, or if all DVDs even come with one.

I went ahead and added a bunch of Blu Rays on hold just to get in line in case this takes off (need more points tho!)

I'll have to look into this.

I love it for game trading as it's so hands off and easy to get rid of games I'll never touch.

And I could stand to pair down my DVD collection some. Also will make it easier to get rid of games without building up too many points since I'm not playing many games these days since I can turn games into movies.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And what method would you like them to use to prove that you indeed are two separate people, and not just one trying to scam the system?

Also, if you're roommates...in a college setting perhaps, do you not have individual post office boxes you could set the addresses (or at least one) to?[/QUOTE]
Goodness no. If you're sharing a room in college everyone in the room will have the same mailing address. Heck, even if you're sharing a multi-bedroom apartment you all have the same address.

And the perfect way to prove that you're separate people would be with the payment stuff. Obviously, if you're different people, you'll have different names on credit cards, etc. It's kind of hard to fake that, and quite illegal anyway.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Goodness no. If you're sharing a room in college everyone in the room will have the same mailing address. Heck, even if you're sharing a multi-bedroom apartment you all have the same address.

And the perfect way to prove that you're separate people would be with the payment stuff. Obviously, if you're different people, you'll have different names on credit cards, etc. It's kind of hard to fake that, and quite illegal anyway.[/QUOTE]

Use a diff address when u sign up. Maybe you have a friend u trust who lives near you?

[quote name='YodaEXE']Goodness no. If you're sharing a room in college everyone in the room will have the same mailing address. Heck, even if you're sharing a multi-bedroom apartment you all have the same address.

And the perfect way to prove that you're separate people would be with the payment stuff. Obviously, if you're different people, you'll have different names on credit cards, etc. It's kind of hard to fake that, and quite illegal anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well, that sucks for you because that's not how it worked at my school. We had a campus post office where every enrolled student had his/her own PO Box. Even when my roommate and I moved to an apartment and had a shared mailbox there, we still had our own on-campus PO Boxes. I had two addresses to have things sent to. Man, those were the days.

Also, as far as I know, Goozex doesn't keep your payment information on file (which some people appreciate). Every time I've made a payment (although I usually use Paypal), I have to type in my info. I get what you're saying, but in order for that to work, they'd really have to ask for your payment info when you sign up, which I'm sure would make a lot of people...especially those with little knowledge of the site, very apprehensive.

Finally, my last point, I know this is a bit of a stretch, but is it absolutely necessary to have separate accounts? After all, it's not like you each have a separate electric bill. You all use it, and you all contribute to pay it. Why don't you share the Goozex account and keep your own records of who has sent out games/movies and how many points on the account that person should have?

Considering Goozex tracks every game (as I presume will be the case for movies) you've ever sent/received, if there was ever a discrepency, you've got records to sort it out. It's not a perfect system, but it's workable. In the end, it's their business and they can choose to run it however the hell they want. But rather than bitching about why you don't like it, do something productive and find a way to make it work for you. Either that, or just don't use it.

Seems like it would be easy enough for them to just program the matching system so that it wouldn't match up people with the same mailing address to prevent people sending games to themselves or a family member/roommate to get the points.

But scammers will always scam. It would be just as easy to do it with a friend with a different address on games in low demand where you can list them and they request them etc. to get you the points. Hell one wouldn't even have to ship it, just have the friend leave feed back after a few days.

Point being, scammers will always find a way, so those kind of policies do suck as they just end up annoying people who aren't scamming like YodaEXE in this case.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Seems like it would be easy enough for them to just program the matching system so that it wouldn't match up people with the same mailing address to prevent people sending games to themselves or a family member/roommate to get the points.

But scammers will always scam. It would be just as easy to do it with a friend with a different address on games in low demand where you can list them and they request them etc. to get you the points. Hell one wouldn't even have to ship it, just have the friend leave feed back after a few days.

Point being, scammers will always find a way, so those kind of policies do suck as they just end up annoying people who aren't scamming like YodaEXE in this case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but what is that really going to accomplish? All you'd really be doing is transferring points from one account to the other...and paying $1 (1 token) to do so. Unless I'm missing something, this is your scenario.

Friend A - Lists low-demand/low-availability 500 point game
Friend B - Requests game, gets matched up with Friend A
Friend B - Spends 500 points and 1 trading token to "receive" game
Friend A - Earns 500 points

What is there to really be gained from this practice? The points are only transferred from Friend B to Friend A. It's not like they're multiplied. I had suggested to Goozex a long time ago that they implement some kind of "gifting points" feature. The reason was, I had a buddy who had 150 points left and 0 trading tokens, and said he doubted he'd use Goozex again. So, my hope was he could just give me the remainder of his points, but they wouldn't do it out of fear of "scammers".

The only thing I could see people abusing is the free bonus they give you when you first sign up, by making multiple accounts and getting it multiple times. But doing that 100 points at a time seems like such small potatoes to waste all that effort scamming.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
The only thing I could see people abusing is the free bonus they give you when you first sign up, by making multiple accounts and getting it multiple times. But doing that 100 points at a time seems like such small potatoes to waste all that effort scamming.[/QUOTE]

Multiple accounts = being able to get more than one hand in the game request or offer pool, that would come in handy especially with more in demand games. Could always be used to trade multiple copies of a game without having to wait.

It's just more problems for Goozex than what it's worth.

I wish there was an option to put a comment next to the items you list. I have all 5 of the Harry Potter HD-DVD's and I want to list them but I would like to point out they dont include the original covers but high quality color photocopies of them.

What is there to really be gained from this practice? The points are only transferred from Friend B to Friend A. [/QUOTE]

Well the thing is the friends account would really be your second account, so it would be a way to get rid of low demand games no one else wanted (i.e. stuff they couldn't trade after listing for a long time) and get your points for them in your second account to use to request something.

The other benefit would be being able to list the game multiple times under your fake accounts to send it to someone else eventually (or another fake account under a different name/address) and multiply points to different accounts that way by "trading" it multiple times.

I wouldn't think it worth the effort. I just end up tossing discs and recycling cases of old games I don't want to keep around and have no luck trading or selling. Or give them to a friend if they have any interest in it.

But some people will do anything they can to scam. And my point really was simply that not allowing accounts to different names at the same address doesn't make it that much harder for scammers to set up fake accounts and trade games around to themselves to build up points across their accounts.

[quote name='ajh2298']I wish there was an option to put a comment next to the items you list. I have all 5 of the Harry Potter HD-DVD's and I want to list them but I would like to point out they dont include the original covers but high quality color photocopies of them.[/QUOTE]

These must be listed as "Disc Only" copies... while "high quality color photocopies" may be fine for you, they will not be fine for someone who wants a complete item. You will receive negative feedback if you try to list them as complete and the person is particular about their items (as they have every right to be).

[quote name='zenintrude']These must be listed as "Disc Only" copies... while "high quality color photocopies" may be fine for you, they will not be fine for someone who wants a complete item. You will receive negative feedback if you try to list them as complete and the person is particular about their items (as they have every right to be).[/QUOTE]

I am not saying I was going to list them as "complete" I know they are now considered "disc-only" but I would just be able to put a comment next to them, maybe to seperate them from the other disc-only copies. If I list them as "disc-only" but plan on sending out the case and any inside insert why cant I say that to a potential trading partner?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well the thing is the friends account would really be your second account, so it would be a way to get rid of low demand games no one else wanted (i.e. stuff they couldn't trade after listing for a long time) and get your points for them in your second account to use to request something.

The other benefit would be being able to list the game multiple times under your fake accounts to send it to someone else eventually (or another fake account under a different name/address) and multiply points to different accounts that way by "trading" it multiple times.

I wouldn't think it worth the effort. I just end up tossing discs and recycling cases of old games I don't want to keep around and have no luck trading or selling. Or give them to a friend if they have any interest in it.

But some people will do anything they can to scam. And my point really was simply that not allowing accounts to different names at the same address doesn't make it that much harder for scammers to set up fake accounts and trade games around to themselves to build up points across their accounts.[/QUOTE]

you still need to buy the points first

[quote name='starmask2k3']you still need to buy the points first[/QUOTE]

Yeah, guess I had a brain fart and didn't think of that. You'd have to buy points on the other accounts or build them up through legitimate trades. So there's really no point to it.

But in that case there's really no point to not allowing multiple accounts to different names at the same address since you have that same issue there. Unless I'm just having another brain fart, I really don't see how you could really scam the system in that way either since you'd still have to build up points in your other account some how.

it could boost your feedback and/or you could sign up for your account over and over again to get the free trade in credit + 100 points.

This is great! I've been hoping they'd do this for a while now. I had 4 of my movies I put up today already come up with requests.

[quote name='unicron129']it could boost your feedback and/or you could sign up for your account over and over again to get the free trade in credit + 100 points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figured. There are basically 3 reason to not allow multiple accounts.

1. Abusing the free credit + 100 points and getting an endless amount of old games without putting anything back into the system...which would destroy the system very quickly.

2. As KingOfOldSchool mentioned, people could use it to manipulate the queues. And the queues are unstable enough as it is. I've already experienced numerous times where games are listed as being "requested", but then I find out the people requesting them don't have enough points/tokens anyway. It just becomes a huge clusterfuck.

3. My initial point that if Goozex were to believe that two accounts in the same household were for two different people, they'd probably ask for your payment information when you sign up, and keep it on file. This would hurt their business as it would turn a lot of people off. Why would they hurt themselves just so two roommates could benefit?

3. My initial point that if Goozex were to believe that two accounts in the same household were for two different people, they'd probably ask for your payment information when you sign up, and keep it on file. This would hurt their business as it would turn a lot of people off. Why would they hurt themselves just so two roommates could benefit?[/QUOTE]

They could just do it for same address cases--i.e. have an additional sign up step that requires both people to prove their identity by providing credit card info etc.

But that's probably just too much work for Goozex for the number of people it affects who don't have another option (like using their work mailing address or whatever).

Way too much work for too little reward. Even now there are assholes that use public libraries to set up fake accounts and flood the system with fake offers that keep some of us from getting games that we've been waiting to get.

Use a PO Box if you really want to get back on the service. If not, stop bitching about it. Why did you even come in this thread if you've been permabanned?

I don't go on the Wii threads and bitch (or gloat) about how I don't have a Wii.

As for movies, this looks like a great way to bolster my Blu-Ray collection.

[quote name='ajh2298']I am not saying I was going to list them as "complete" I know they are now considered "disc-only" but I would just be able to put a comment next to them, maybe to seperate them from the other disc-only copies. If I list them as "disc-only" but plan on sending out the case and any inside insert why cant I say that to a potential trading partner?[/QUOTE]

You can send the person a message regarding this when you get the option to trade with them... I suppose you could let them know then, but there's no real benefit to it.

[quote name='unicron129']it could boost your feedback and/or you could sign up for your account over and over again to get the free trade in credit + 100 points.[/QUOTE]

You only gain 1 trade credit (no 100 point bonus) from referrals now. I suppose this is to curb that practice.

bread's done
Back