Monster Hunter 1 & 2, Bomberman Land, Apollo Justice On Sale at GameQuestDirect.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Phoenix Wright: Apollo Justice? Since when did they start carrying games that don't exist? On a serious note, that's an excellent price.

Grabbed a copy of Apollo Justice for $14.98 (after shipping) for the hubby. :bouncy: Thanks Cheapy & GQD!

I do wish you could apply more than one code per order though, I would have liked to get to the $25 mark for free shipping by buying a couple of these... ah well. Still a great deal!

[quote name='nekobi']Grabbed a copy of Apollo Justice for $14.98 (after shipping) for the hubby. :bouncy: Thanks Cheapy & GQD!

I do wish you could apply more than one code per order though, I would have liked to get to the $25 mark for free shipping by buying a couple of these... ah well. Still a great deal![/QUOTE]

Wow, $15 for Apollo Justice after shipping. Thats a fantastic price. Too bad I already have it.

Thanks Cheapy, but seem to me this prices are pretty high for games I have mostly seen on clearance bins all over places. Definitely have seen Apollo and Monster Hunter at cheaper prices. Bomberman is not bad, but already have the XBLA version.

good price cheapy, thanks!

but shipping kinda kills the deals. i dont know why cant you order with 2 different games. you have to pay $3 per title per order. i guess they make extra money on shipping

Can I ask a blunt question? Is this deal coming about because GQD is clearing out their inventory, or because they just now reprinted a bunch of games and are offering these fresh new reprints to the CAG Community first?

I realize this is a loaded question, but I appreciate them either way. Just trying to decide what to do with a couple of these games that I have seen in some clearance bins lately.

darn, on second thought...after shipping and tax its $16 for me. Might as well just get it from amazon then for $19 where i still have plenty of credit. Good stuff anyway!

I rarely order from this SITE cos the coupon codes. Why not drop the sale price down instead come up too many coupon codes. Also, you can use more than 1 code in one order. That's really $uck you end up paying extra $2 on shipping on every single order.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I rarely order from this SITE cos the coupon codes. Why not drop the sale price down instead come up too many coupon codes. Also, you can use more than 1 code in one order. That's really $uck you end up paying extra $2 on shipping on every single order.[/QUOTE]
yeah. theyre not the smartest. that or they just enjoy the extra buck or two.

as for someone asking why they're selling these for cheap. no they didnt reprint these games (except for maybe MHF 1). they are also a distributor so they buy a few thousand of these games to distribute all over the country. i know they also provide games to gamestop.

[quote name='nightmare452']Thanks Cheapy, but seem to me this prices are pretty high for games I have mostly seen on clearance bins all over places. Definitely have seen Apollo and Monster Hunter at cheaper prices. Bomberman is not bad, but already have the XBLA version.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me which store(s) have Apollo Justice on clearance?

[quote name='Mugen Power']Can you tell me which store(s) have Apollo Justice on clearance?[/QUOTE]
MHF2 is on clearance at sears but its YMMV since it was a regional clearance. apollo justice im not sure if its on clearance anywhere

[quote name='phear3d']MHF2 is on clearance at sears but its YMMV since it was a regional clearance. apollo justice im not sure if its on clearance anywhere[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've kept my eye out for that one and haven't seen it listed anywhere for clearance. Maybe the user I quoted mixed it up with the other Ace Attorney games. It was still $29.99 on Amazon until a few months ago.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Yeah, I've kept my eye out for that one and haven't seen it listed anywhere for clearance. Maybe the user I quoted mixed it up with the other Ace Attorney games. It was still $29.99 on Amazon until a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Apollo I believe on some Meijer stores on the outside bins they hold and it was in the $15-20 range easy, and my gf is a huge fan of the series so I know about the games (I remember cause I was thinking that price tag was for the old games as well, but it was definitely Apollo Justice). Apollo might be a good deal on Gamequestdirect anyhow, but it would come out the same price so if ya want the game, this is as good as any other deal. The rest certainly have been seen cheaper.

Can someone please post when they receive any of these games? I would like to confirm they're actual US releases. I am hesitant to order from Game Quest after getting the Canadian Resistance PSP game.

[quote name='ecwfan']Can someone please post when they receive any of these games? I would like to confirm they're actual US releases. I am hesitant to order from Game Quest after getting the Canadian Resistance PSP game.[/QUOTE]
wow really they did that? those bastards.

i know that all games released in canada should also come in french language. i dont know when it was announced but i know that nintendo have started to include french on all their case arts.

[quote name='phear3d']wow really they did that? those bastards.

i know that all games released in canada should also come in french language. i dont know when it was announced but i know that nintendo have started to include french on all their case arts.[/QUOTE]

The even bigger problem was the UPC is different for the Canadian version, so if you tried to trade it in anywhere that actually checks (like Gamestop and most chain stores, as well as Amazon), you couldn't do it. PSP games are still typically released in separate US and Canadian versions with different lingual cover art and different UPCs. Yet another reason I would never deal with Gamequest again.

[quote name='phear3d']wow really they did that? those bastards.

i know that all games released in canada should also come in french language. i dont know when it was announced but i know that nintendo have started to include french on all their case arts.[/QUOTE]

I'm always a little wary of ordering from GQD because of this. I got the canadian versions of Drakengard and Silent Hill 4 from them, and the australian version of Tokobot PSP. They all play on my systems fine, but that's not the point.

Just got an email saying AJ is backordered yet it's still available on their website.
Will not order anything from them again.

Just received my Apollo Justice today and it was luckily the US version, not the Canadian version like some others have received for other games. The only gripe I had was that the game appeared to be resealed because the plastic sealing my copy was different from what I usually see when I pick up a new game elsewhere. For $15.00 though I can't complain too much.

[quote name='Vector']Just received my Apollo Justice today and it was luckily the US version, not the Canadian version like some others have received for other games. The only gripe I had was that the game appeared to be resealed because the plastic sealing my copy was different from what I usually see when I pick up a new game elsewhere. For $15.00 though I can't complain too much.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, DS games have line-seals, which look illegitimate.

[quote name='Archgarth']For some reason I can't figure out where to add the coupon...

Any help would be appreciated, because, apparently, I am lame.[/QUOTE]

At the VERY BOTTOM of the first page of your checkout cart. Took me several tries to find it, too.

wow, havent hit up the site in a little bit, so i'm glad to see the last two CAG code posts for Gamequest still work even though I guess maybe they werent supposed to?

But yeah it sucks that I have to order them seperately, I mean what is the point of that? It would be nice to combine so it equals out to being over 25 so I can get the free shipping (now I have to see if there's anything else at normal price I may want to buy anyway for each order.....although I guess that's kind of part of the point of this :) ).

[quote name='Vector']Just received my Apollo Justice today and it was luckily the US version, not the Canadian version like some others have received for other games. The only gripe I had was that the game appeared to be resealed because the plastic sealing my copy was different from what I usually see when I pick up a new game elsewhere. For $15.00 though I can't complain too much.[/QUOTE]

I dont think it was resealed, Gamequest does not make it a habit of doing that (unlike, gamestop, ahem). What you may be noticing is just a different sealing method, which honestly some games do have, I noticed this once (might have even been for when I bought the first Phoenix Wright game) and I had the same thought, but i'm pretty sure it wasnt resealed.

oh, also, I beleive Apollo is in stock again :) , I might order it this time.

The chains of olympus code from the last post still works too, but I dunno if I want greatest hits (although at this point I guess I dont have much choice).

bread's done
Back