PS3 Slim Pre-Order $299.99 at Kmart.com - 8/24 Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

benartmao

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Pre-order link is live!
:ps3: PS3 Slim Pre-order $299.99

I didnt believe it but kmart is a major chain and apparantly in the morning its going to be selling " new exciting ps3"

http://www.kmart.com/

its on the front page and at first i thought maybe just a new maybe 1tb ( lol ) ps3 but it does say rumors are true or something.... im going in the morning just to try and get one.

And an apparant PS3 price cut

Last edited by a moderator:
>.> Can't you not read? They're talking about the PS3 price reduction. Very misleading tittle and it shouldn't have even been in the "Video Games Deals" section >.> Don't blame you though since you're new but try to read the description for each section before posting. Anyway they are probably hinting the PS3 bundle with 2 games when they say new exciting PS3.

This is It! :roll:

2qxqlh5.jpg

well i mean i thought this was technically a deal since it does say new low price but it doesnt say what ahah. sorry if i posted in wrong section and misleading title i blame kmart if its not true because it does say " rumors are reality " or something. and only rumors about ps3 is slim ps3 right? iono sorry if post was wrong just wanted to inform people

It says nothing about a Slim PS3, just a price reduction (which hasn't even been activated yet since all the PS3s on the site are still at the regular price as of me typing this).

Kmart apparently jumped the gun, but it's just a matter of hours anyways. Looks like the price drop is going to be immediately following or just prior to the announcement.

Edit: should this be merged with the price drop/Slim "rumor" thread?

Edit2: btw, gratz OP. I think you're among the first to "break" this particular story. I'm thinking kmart will take it down soon and wait until Sony's announcement, though. Gj incredipinoy for taking the screen capture.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benartmao']well i mean i thought this was technically a deal since it does say new low price but it doesnt say what ahah. sorry if i posted in wrong section and misleading title i blame kmart if its not true because it does say " rumors are reality " or something. and only rumors about ps3 is slim ps3 right? iono sorry if post was wrong just wanted to inform people[/QUOTE]

You should change the title for this thread before anyone gets more confuse.

[quote name='gunm']Edit2: btw, gratz OP. I think you're among the first to "break" this particular story. I'm thinking kmart will take it down soon and wait until Sony's announcement, though. Gj incredipinoy for taking the screen capture.[/QUOTE]

Oswald9599 has had this price drop on the PS3 board since Friday and included picture proof backing him up on Sunday.

You guys saying the OP is wrong about the Slim are too quick to jump on him. Kmart.com says "New Exciting PS3" and gives a link to preorder. Are you guys not even looking at the site?

If you guys scroll down to the bottom where it says Description, it's says this:

PS3, SLIM High-Definition Blu-ray player for the best movie experience. Free PLAYSTATION Network membership. 120GB HDD for downloading games, music, videos, and photos. Includes DUAL SHOCK 3 controller. HDMI output for 1080p resolution.

[quote name='ShadowHero10']Ouch, you guys all just got burned....[/QUOTE]

In their defense, the pre-order link seems like it was just added recently, but they still shouldn't have jumped on the OP.

PSN has been down...and it's for some major update. I've been predicting the return of PS2 BC for a long time now over at Gamefaqs. Now, I'm certain it will return before summer 2010. But I have a nagging feeling it may come earlier than that...this fall kind of early.

I also see the Slim being no less than 120GB...but most likely 160GB at least. Reason being? Soon to be released PS2 D/L games.

Wait for it...

[quote name='Ryukahn']In their defense, the pre-order link seems like it was just added recently, but they still shouldn't have jumped on the OP.[/QUOTE]
That's what I meant, however it didn't sound right re-reading it. So many people now will just out of nowhere put the OP in the dumps, calling him crazy and making him feel insignificant, only to turn out, that there is a good possibility that it could come true.

Even when they do announce it, there is no need for a thread from each retailer that drops the price to the new regular price. Will we need separate threads for Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon when they drop the price?

[quote name='Purkeynator']Even when they do announce it, there is no need for a thread from each retailer that drops the price to the new regular price. Will we need separate threads for Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon when they drop the price?[/QUOTE]

No, we don't need a separate thread for each one. Can just combine them all into this thread that get posted here, and leave the one on the PS3 board separate since that's been there for days.

Err, the pre-order price for the slim is $300, so.... that brings up the question, why would anyone buy the fat now for $300 (reduced price) if they can get the slim for the same price (a little later)? The only practical reason is they don't want to wait... but hell, it's not like there's anything exciting right now, KZ2 and Infamous came out a while ago and Uncharted 2 is not due yet...

[quote name='benartmao']

im going in the morning just to try and get one.

[/QUOTE]

While I think we're all expecting the announcement of a price drop today, and probably a new Slim PS3, it's not going to be on store shelves immediately.

I know a Blockbuster that has a Phat MGS bundle. Comes in the white box. Will it now be $300 too? They wanted $500 for it 2 months back.

I hope this is all true....I want the PS3 to succeed so bad. I'm so frustrated and fed up with my 360. After 5 RROD and, this last time, having my sons and my 360 die on the same freaking day, I'm ready to give it up.....I dont like playing games and worrying that my console could break at any moment......I'd love a slim PS3 to use as a second blu ray player....

Here's a question: once this Slim comes out, how many of you think it's going to be in high demand enough that people will be buying and reselling them for way over $299 on sites like ebay and people will actually pay it?

[quote name='Thoridin']Here's a question: once this Slim comes out, how many of you think it's going to be in high demand enough that people will be buying and reselling them for way over $299 on sites like ebay and people will actually pay it?[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. If this is even confirmed, this is not a new console release like what happened when the Wii and PS3 originally came out, it is just a cheaper/smaller version of what is already out. The PS3 is not selling too hot right now because of price, so I doubt there will be loads of people willing to buy it at an inflated price...the price is what is turning people away for crying out loud. Sure, there could be a handful of people who profit, but it is not going to be large scale unless Sony releases an initial shipment that is way too small.

Finally, I can justify getting one!

2 questions come to mind though..

1. How stable will this first batch be, and do I want to be an early adopter?
2. Will there be any chance for deals on the 80GB's?

Ha, amusing to see everyone jump on the OP. This technically isn't a "deal," though, is it? It's the initial pricing of a new product.

Well, I'm sold. I'll be getting this instead of a second 360. I've been waiting for the chance for a while to get a PS3 and this seems too good to pass up.

#1. Why would I buy a $299 FAT when the Slim is also $299 and has 120GB HDD???

#2. Unless they Bundle that FAT with 1 game like many UK retailers are doing to make people buy them.

#3. So the PS3 Slim is up on many Sites Kmart Sears, Target etc. But whey has the 80GB Price still $399???

I still need to see the specs on this guy. The amount of inputs, outputs, playback etc.

Great price though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back