A Good Shooter

psufootball

CAG Veteran
Alright so I'm looking for a cheap, good shooter for the original Xbox. Xbox exclusives or cross-platforms, it doesn't matter. I currently have:

• Halo
  • Halo 2
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Any suggestions? Yes I see the platinum hits thread, but I'm looking for a specific genre so.... Oh and by the way, it doesn't matter if its a FPS or a third person one.
Thanks!

Thanks! I think I'm gonna go for Half-Life. I forgot about that, but I remember playing the demo for it when it was first released.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The Thing (good mix of horror and shooting)
Serious Sam
Bloodwake
Doom 3
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

That's all I can think of off hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a neat trick to try when you wanna blow up some enemy building without getting too close or wasting all of your ammo. Strap a charge of C4 to the vehicle(usually the hood is the easiest place to put it on) you're driving, then drive at breakneck speed towards the building, bail out and as the vehicle hits the building, detonate the C4.

This trick makes ANY vehicle into a rolling bomb.

And I can't believe I completely forgot about The Suffering. The first game was great, the sequel....not so much.

Unfortunately, unless the studio that created The Suffering was a seperate entity from Midway, we may have seen the last Suffering game on the PS2/Xbox.

Thing is, I really wouldn't mind a remake of the original on the PS3, even though I normally despise remakes.

I just wanna be able to play the game again without having to plunk down $100 for a new PStwo slim or find one on CL for $20-30.

Second Sight was a good action game with a great story to go along with it.

A 3rd person perspective game with psychic powers along with the usual guns and shoooting. Add in some basic stealth and you got a not bad game.

Run like Hell (RLH) that was a great game and no one ever recommends it. its a third person shooter.

Also Freedom Fighters a nouther good game

[quote name='psufootball']Alright so I'm looking for a cheap, good shooter for the original Xbox. Xbox exclusives or cross-platforms, it doesn't matter. I currently have:

• Halo
  • Halo 2
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Any suggestions? Yes I see the platinum hits thread, but I'm looking for a specific genre so.... Oh and by the way, it doesn't matter if its a FPS or a third person one.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... IMHO, here are some other great shooters on the XBX. I'm using the term, "shooters," liberally to include FPS as well as rail/roam shooters.

- Black
- Panzer Dragoon Orta
- Unreal 2 The Liandri Conflict
- Doom 3
- Max Payne 2: Fall of Max Payne
- Deux Ex Invisible War
- Freedom Fighters
- Crimson Skies
- House of the Dead III (even w/o the lightgun, still fun)
- Any of the 007 games: Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, or Everything or Nothing (the latter two are the best)
- Total Overdose (For what it is, it can be pretty fun)
- Mercenaries
- Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
- Maximum Chase (Honestly, not THAT bad and very cheap! The videos are hilariously bad; the only game I know where actors were hired to play the voice actors of the actual actors -- crazy!)

There's a reason Metal Arms is DLC on Xbox Live right now... Buy that and you'll get 5x what you paid for it in enjoyment.

Wow, no mention of Urban Chaos: Riot Response. One of the most overlooked shooters of the previous generation.

It doesn't have an epic storyline, but it's replayability is phenomenal.

I didn't see GUN mentioned. I thought it was an enjoyable game, though far from the best shooter. There are some interesting hunting and a decent story.

I'd recommend Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, though the fun was online

Also:
Max Payne 2: Fall of Max Payne
Doom 3
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (though its not ALL shooter).

bread's done
Back