Dead Nation - PSN - $14.99 - Platinum Trophy! - Road of Devastation out 9/27 for $4

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/327823.html
From the developer of the popular and successful Super Stardust HD, comes another action packed blaster - this time its infectiously addictive gameplay is more gruesome...

A war is raging over the planet which has left it in chaos and ruin. A zombie virus has rapidly spread through the human population across the globe, leaving it with one hope - you. Among the few capable of fighting back and surviving the mayhem and destruction, your mission is to take on the zombie masses and come out alive.

Do you have what it takes to resist this Dead Nation?

• Pit your wits against hundreds of zombies on screen
• Blast your way with a friend in on or offline co-operative play and rank yourself with online leaderboards
• Track your zombie kills with the daily online world map and reduce the zombie virus with other Dead Nation players in the country you're playing

OK, so it does have 2 person co-op; good thing since Zombie Apocalypse is another top-down shooter with 4 player co-op, but they're boxed-in arenas versus the "Left 4 Dead" progression the DN trailer hinted at. Hope DN has a deep upgrade system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVTPk_9h5Xg

Not that envious over Shadow Complex anymore.

Blood in DN > Blood in ZA

First thing I thought when I saw this was "it's another SHMUP". It'd be practically the same game as Super Stardust HD if the guy could dash out of danger.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/09/dead-nation-ps3-trailer-revealed-more-undead-at-e3/

Dead Nation has re-appeared with a new live action trailer.

Following the original announcement of Dead Nation at Gamescom in Cologne last year we’ve kept purposefully quiet about what we’ve got in store for you, but at this year’s E3 we’ll be bringing you right up to speed with the game and what you can expect from Housemarque and Sony Computer Entertainment’s PSN-exclusive zombie game. We’ve been pulling out all the stops over the past year to make this game a nerve shredding, atmospheric and action packed experience, and to whet your appetite for what we’ve got coming up at E3, try this on for size…

Thanks FriskyTanuki I was wondering what the hell happened to this game. I just figured it got canceled or was rehashed into a new project.

[quote name='guardian_owl']That they felt they had to jazz up the trailer with 3/4ths of live footage and only 1/4th gameplay is not a good sign IMO.[/QUOTE]

Could be saving the rest for E3

[quote name='dopehat']Could be saving the rest for E3[/QUOTE]
Which is what "to whet your appetite for what we’ve got coming up at E3" means.

Zombie Apocalypse was decent. I was really hoping this would be more of a Resident Evil OTS or TPS view but it still looks really good. At least the Camera isn't so far away from the characters.

i still want this game lol. soeone posted a trailer for it somewhere and id totally forgotten it existed until then. damn i hope it comes out soon. they should make this game with more strategy elements and i hope you can go inside of buildings too.

I had definitely wished that the xbox had something more akin to this game than simply Zombie Apocalypse. The smash tv feel was okay in ZA but something along the lines of walking through town like in Hunter the Reckoning on the old systems would definitely be cool. I wish this was coming out for XBLA....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/07/30/hands-on-dead-nation-for-ps3/

PlayStation Blog has some new details about Dead Nation:
I’m a pathological fan of zombie movies. Night of the Living Dead. Return of the Living Dead. 28 Days Later, [REC], Dawn of the Dead — I count these films among my all-time favorites.

So I was obviously itching to get my mitts on Dead Nation, the upcoming PSN shooter from the creators of Super Stardust HD. Luckily, I got some extensive play time from last week’s NYC PlayStation media day. Here’s what I learned.

You can upgrade your guns…a lot. Dead Nation’s environments are dotted with fenced-in “safe zones” that give you a chance to catch your breath and buy supplies from a nearby gun shop. In addition to buying health and ammo, you can purchase mods that will enhance your various weapons in different ways, depending on the gun. The mods upgrade stats such as damage, ammo capacity, firing rate, reload time, and range. While the most potent weapon upgrades are expensive, you can pop open car trunks and chests found through the environments in order to collect cash and other useful items.

The Shotgun is devastating. The Dead Nation build I played featured three weapons — the Shotgun, SMG, and Rifle — with more to come in the final version. Early on, I decided to pour my money into repeatedly upgrading the Shotgun’s damage and spread capability. The results were impressive: My buckshot blasts became massive cones of death, ripping through the ghoul hordes like a wet sneeze through a store-brand tissue. Sometimes I swapped to the SMG for its rapid firing rate, or the Rifle for its long-range capabilities. But come Dead Nation’s release date later this fall, I know what my go-to gun will be.

There are many zombie types. After you shake off the initial shock of battling dozens and dozens of zombies, you’ll quickly learn that not every zombie is created equal. You’ll see fast, gangly zombies that rush up close but fall quickly to melee attacks. You’ll see big, tough zombies that take a licking but move more slowly. I even spotted a few zombie cops that wildly fired their service revolvers while they lunged at me.

Mobility = life. Housemarque’s previous game, twinstick PSN shooter Super Stardust HD, is clearly an influence on Dead Nation’s fast-paced gameplay. For example, rapid kills fill up your combo meter, which in turn sends your score into the stratosphere. As in Super Stardust HD, you’ll also realize the importance of staying mobile to avoid incoming enemies — to get cornered is to die. Luckily, you can throw mines and grenades to clear some temporary space, or use the “rush” move to push your way through a line of hungry flesh eaters.

Dead Nation will be released on PSN later this fall.

1.jpg

Start checking your emails, got an email this morning with a voucher to download the dead nation closed beta.

4.jpg

[quote name='StillFree']
1.jpg

Start checking your emails, got an email this morning with a voucher to download the dead nation closed beta.
[/QUOTE]

Ugh if anyone isn't going to use theirs I gladly will. Are you a PS+ subscriber?

[quote name='bmachine']No online co-op in the beta? What's the fucking point?[/QUOTE]
Online co-op has never been confirmed for this game. It's safe to say I won't be buying it without it. That new PSN lara Croft game looks equally as cool and has online co-op.

dude ty ty ty ty for posting this i got my voucher as well and with this i say psn+ has finally proven its worth. ive been wanting to play this beast since i first saw the video sony im sory for doubting you.

I was playing this game today (and recording) and I got to say; this game is better than I thought.

It feels like L4D made babies with Super Stardust HD.
And it really does feel like a survival game.

Good job to the creators.

how sad is it ive seen more types of zombies in 2 levels of this game than in any resident evil game lol. amazing game though im lovin it.

[quote name='Thomas96']I love the lighting from the pics that I saw. How was it in the Beta / Demo?[/QUOTE]

its pretty damn good especially in the
wooded areas near the circus
got my ass handed to me there because i didnt take the time to shine my light around there and before i knew it i was surounded.

its a very fun game im surprised at how useful alot of the secndary items are you cant expect to tank your way through it especially if youre playing solo .

[quote name='Diebythesword']Did not get one, PS+ user[/QUOTE]

did you get the full year or just 3 months? also if you got the full year when did you buy it? id wonder if they didnt send them out based on that.

[quote name='lokizz']did you get the full year or just 3 months? also if you got the full year when did you buy it? id wonder if they didnt send them out based on that.[/QUOTE]

Year (with the bonus of course), and about 2 weeks into the first month.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Year (with the bonus of course), and about 2 weeks into the first month.[/QUOTE]

damn then thats weird seems like you should have gotten one. are there any other plus subscribers who didnt get a beta code?

[quote name='lokizz']its pretty damn good especially in the
wooded areas near the circus
got my ass handed to me there because i didnt take the time to shine my light around there and before i knew it i was surounded.

its a very fun game im surprised at how useful alot of the secndary items are you cant expect to tank your way through it especially if youre playing solo .[/QUOTE]

That's cook that the lighting has a actual role within the actual gameplay.

There's one thing about this game that makes me laugh... from the pictures and the little video that I saw, it seems like this game has better lighting and a more natural looking light than Alan Wake.

[quote name='lokizz']damn then thats weird seems like you should have gotten one. are there any other plus subscribers who didnt get a beta code?[/QUOTE]

Me. I haven't received one. Day 1 (year sub) PS+ subscriber.

It reminds me a lot of Alien Swarm, that free PC game that Valve is giving away on Steam. Gameplay is almost nearly identical.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i want to play this so bad.[/QUOTE]

its a very fun game man easily the best psn game ive played yet. and from the way its set up
they seem to be keeping realtime tabs on each countries total zombie kills and you can see how you rank as a player.

the story is pretty hokey though but as a fan of zombie anything its easy to look past it and enjoy the fun of the game. co-op isnt enabled though for the beta but i can see the potential fun there.

I only played the first level to completion and I';m loving this game. Actualy I don't think I'll play the Beta anymore so as not to spoil the retail release.

It's a pretty tense game and has a lot of scares. I love that you can charge your shots (with the AR at least) for one shot kills; also that you can blow up cars (which draws the zombies to it)

The country-based leaderboards are a pretty cool touch as well. Does anyone know what's up with the percentage on the leaderboards and the 'zombie-level' of each country? Will the game change when new levels are reached (like Noby-Noby?)
While I didn't have this game on radar I'm now definetely excited for it!

bread's done
Back