What did you do with your summer? A picture adventure!

Kendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Since summer is almost over, I was wondering how you all spent your time in the sun. I had a jam packed summer of fun and sadness. I have lots of pictures. Come see them and then share your summer stories!

I got a new terrible dog. His name is Skrappy. He is crappy.
IMG00039-20090715-1600.jpg

This summer I went to Chicago. I went to a Cubs game while in the Windy City.
101_0380.jpg

This pretty girl looks like she is having a good time. I wonder if she would like to go back to my hotel?
101_0383.jpg

She follows me out of the game and to the subway. I think I might get lucky!
101_0394.jpg

I found the jacket in the stands and bought the shirt.
101_0399.jpg

Things work out well and I decide to ask her to marry me. SHE SAID YES!
101_0412.jpg

Good thing I packed my suit.
101_0410.jpg

She looks so cute. I am glad I found her at the game!
101_0409.jpg

We went to Navy Pier, a boat tour, Blue Man Group, Sears Tower, Six Flags and the Shedd. It was fun.

I came home and buried my father two weeks after I got married.
IMG00059-20090716-1515.jpg

IMG00060-20090716-1550.jpg

We got a house inspected. Hopefully we will be closing on it before the end of the year!
101_0569.jpg

101_0572.jpg

We went to a Tigers game. Hey they are playing the Cubs! I guess we are meant to be!
101_0600.jpg

This time I am rooting for the Tigers. Rayburn up to bat in the bottom of the ninth....
101_0605.jpg

YAY!

Man my new wife looks good next to big cats!
101_0612.jpg

We went to Olive Garden. It was good.
SU1HMDAwNzUtMjAwOTA3MTgtMTQwNi5qcGc.jpg

Nice view too.

I also went to Mayhem Fest. My friend is a pussy and passed out before the mainstage started. he puked and layed in it for 3 hours. He is fucking hardcore! We covered his head with sod and grass.
SU1HMDAxMzMtMjAwOTA4MDItMTkxNi5qcGc.jpg

Random people wanted their picture with "that guy".
SU1HMDAxMzEtMjAwOTA4MDItMTkwNi5qcGc.jpg

This weekend I am going back to Chicago with my wife and will have a bitchin' good time. Probably soon after we get back we will be at another funeral, just like last time we went. Thankfully I won't be burying my father this time. Sadly it is my wife's uncle who is terminal with cancer and is day to day.

So this has been my roller coaster of a summer. The only thing I would change is my father, but only if he wasn't sick and still alive. What did you guys do this summer? Anyone have one more bash going on for Labor Day? I might be going to Cedar Point before the summer is over, probably not.

I Gotta admit. That was pretty sweet with the whole marriage and everything and bit of a downer with burying your dad.

Besides that my Summer was basically...

Nothing!

Cedar Point rules. Every year I plan on going, and every year I can't go.

My last time was 2004. I need to get my ass down there and ride some coasters.

Congrats on getting married. But sorry to hear that your dad died. I can imagine that was petty rough on you.

My summer was really boring. I guess the highlight of it was going to the Warped Tour. Similar to you though, my friend ended up throwing up some and almost passing out because he didn't eat any food all day, so we ended up leaving before most of the good evening acts started.

Wait, does this mean summer is ending??

Congrats on getting married, and that sucks about your dad.

A lot more eventful than the average CAG summer:

southpark.jpg

Wait, you really met your now wife at a Cubs game?

I kind of figured that was a joke, and you took your fiance with you. :lol:

Not much of a summer for me. Just swamped finishing my dissertation (which I did in mid July) then packed up and moved for my new Assistant Professor Job which started right after that more or less (offically on Aug 10th, but I was working the whole time on research and course prep).

The most "vacation" I had was visiting my parents for 10 days and doing a little work and some fishing etc., but nothing to exciting. Took in a couple baseball games, went to a few concerts (Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addiction, Dave Matthews Band 2 nights, Paul McCartnety), so it wasn't all work.

At least next summer I get to go to Europe for the first time!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']fun fact. CAG has a blog feature now.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like so much fun. How did you pack all that fun into one summer?

Man it's good that your dad held on till your wedding. Congrats on getting married. My summer consisted of:
-Graduation from college
-Getting two kitties
-Studying for the CPA exam

My summer didn't consist of much.

Played video games
Wasted time on the internet
Had 3 job interviews (which all ended in failure)
Went to Florida for a week (and got into many arguments with my sister)

To end the summer, I'll be doing a couple fantasy football drafts. Gotta spend labor day weekend in style. :D

As for Cedar Point. It is awesome. Sadly, my only time there was cut short when half the north east experienced a black out a couple years back.

My summer:
- Found out my wife is pregnant. (Baby girl due in January!)
- Went to Monterey, CA and stayed in a cabin on the beach for 3 nights.
- Spent 4th of July in Bakersfield, CA celebrating my grandmother's 95th birthday.
- Went to Reno, NV to gamble and drink. (Not my wife!)
- Went back to teaching on July 28th.

[quote name='Kendal']We got a house inspected. Hopefully we will be closing on it before the end of the year![/QUOTE]
Where? I may be headed to Ferndale/Royal Oak area by the time the year is over.

[quote name='pacifickarma']My summer:
- Found out my wife is pregnant. (Baby girl due in January!)
[/QUOTE]
Congrats!

Nice post OP.

I... slept a lot for most of the summer (like 11 or 12 hours a day) and worked a lot from the 11th to the 20th. At least I did a good job of switching my diet earlier this year. I still have a week and a half... I think I can accomplish something else still. Maybe.

mine:

i took a summer class from beginning of may till the end of july and i got a B-!

i saw korpiklanni, the Fray, Mighty Mighty bosstones, The Faint, Shines, Prodigy , Japan droids,Dinosaur JR , Cymbal eats guitar ,the flaming lips and other bands.

i got locked out side of my home and i had to break in....]

I beat Too Human

i beat The Simpsons arcade game

watched alot hulu and youtube

got lots of sleep.

and grats on meeting a girl , and getting married in the same summer, and it sucks to hear about your dad.

1. Quit drinking, blazing, and smoking--cold turkey. :cold:
2. Purchased a PS3. I spend all my money on games now instead of evil stuff (above).
3. Went to Disneyland.
4. Summer classes.
5. Moved to a new house (renting it).
6. Went to the beach a lot.
7. Played a lot of video games.
8. Worked out, lost some weight.
9. Got fat again.
10. Started posting on CAG a lot more than I should.

11. Tomorrow. Meeting some of the girlfriend's family. Chilling in Hollywood and other parts in LA. Eating Burmese food, yum! Kind of nervous.. and that's why I'm still awake.

Edit: Woo! 4am edit. Don't need to meet the girlfriend's family anymore. Convinced her that it's best if they just had a girl's day out just now. Lucky me! I get to wash my car and lounge around in my boxers all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mis0']
Edit: Woo! 4am edit. Don't need to meet the girlfriend's family anymore. Convinced her that it's best if they just had a girl's day out just now. Lucky me! I get to wash my car and lounge around in my boxers all day.[/QUOTE]

I love when that happens!

My summer:
-Started working full time at my software engineering internship
-Bought A lot of video games (and played a lot too :bouncy:)
-Convinced my gf too support my habit and play video games with me
-Met the side of my gf's family that lives in switzerland (they're awesome)
-Went on a cruise to Canada
-Finally got to see Blink-182 in concert.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Where? I may be headed to Ferndale/Royal Oak area by the time the year is over.[/QUOTE]

Our house will be in Waterford, near Pine Knob. I can get wasted and ride my bike to concerts/skiing. But I don't ski.

We played softball 3-4 times a week, volleyball 1 time a week and watched my daughter play volleyball 2 nights a week. My summer was quite busy.

i spent my summer caring, loving, and be crazy about a girl that told me she needs time before we get into a relationship and said i was perfect, only to tell me today she likes someone else a lot. yay summer! waste of my heart.

[quote name='AshesofWake']i spent my summer caring, loving, and be crazy about a girl that told me she needs time before we get into a relationship and said i was perfect, only to tell me today she likes someone else a lot. yay summer! waste of my heart.[/QUOTE]

aLEzoxrnVq6n0dlnQajjLsp7o1_500.jpg

[quote name='Dingleberry']Does anyone anyone else want to play gauntlet on xbla this summer. I call Valkyrie. She's cute.[/QUOTE]

You know I'm throwin' down with Elf! The smaller the Gauntlet character, the bigger the laffs!

France for 2 weeks and then staying home or being a bit away from home with old buddies. Drinking and smoking too sometimes. Good summer.

congrads on the marriage (I hope it works for you on the real tip)!

my condolences to your family on you father... :( My hopes for great memories and a speedy recovery

Comerica park is the shit (and the tigers rock) isn't it? it's dope when they open the field for concerts (saw dmb and kid rock (don't care) with alice in chains and cypress hill)

good luck in life and keep traveling and gaming!

edit: Oh, and my summer... between my back being totally fucked up until a week ago, my car leaking gas periodically, paying for a ticket to rock the bells in chicago and not making it and leaking gas all the way back home, and the other 10 concerts I saw with our lady peace being in there twice, I guess I can complain, but I can always come back home to my home and smile, something most people can't do.

bread's done
Back