Batman: Arkham Asylum pre-order bonuses comparison and guide

Nebenator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Having trouble choosing which version and store to get Batman: Arkham Asylum? Use this thread for refference!

Stores:

• Amazon: $12 cheaper with 5OFFARKM code and Amazons lower price, bonus Comic Book

• Best Buy: $10 gift card, Batman DVD Pack

• Buynextgen.com: $43.95

• Gamestop: Bonus Scarecrow map (25% off any pre-owned games with pre-order, and additional Edge Card Discount is available, too)

• Gamecrazy: Joker T-Shirt

• Toys R Us: $20 gift card, $30 gift card if you are a Rewards R Us member (join here)

• Walmart: In-game armor (already unlockable if you complete the game)
Versions:

• Xbox 360: No bonuses

• PS3: Bonus Joker round

• Collectors Edition (for Xbox 360 and PS3): Previous bonuses + 14" In-Game Design Batarang, 50 page full color character encyclopedia, behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC
Conclusion:

• For stores it depends on if you prefer a comic and discount, a bonus map, or an even higher discount but no bonuses

• For versions it depends obviously on your controller and gamerscore/trophy preferences, and the extra round

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to include TRU. No in game bonus but a $20 or $30 GC bonus may be enough to sway those who are less concerned about the exclusive content.

I'll take a Comic book over some game map any day. And paying a lot cheaper price is a nice win too.

[quote name='lawdood']You might want to include TRU. No in game bonus but a $20 or $30 GC bonus may be enough to sway those who are less concerned about the exclusive content.[/QUOTE]
Ok, I added it

[quote name='Maledar']I'll take a Comic book over some game map any day. And paying a lot cheaper price is a nice win too.[/QUOTE]

I'll take more content over a comic book any day.

[quote name='gryphter']I knew about the TRU gift card being $30 if you're a rewards member, but what's this 3 days earlier part?[/QUOTE]
You get it on the 22nd instead of the 25th

[quote name='Nebenator']You get it on the 22nd instead of the 25th[/QUOTE]

What? Can you point me in the direction of that info?

ugh i just read igns review. it takes 12 hours to beat the game in its entirety. gonna be a rental glad i didnt pre order.

[quote name='Nebenator']You get it on the 22nd instead of the 25th[/QUOTE]

the 22nd is tomorrow... so if I'm a TRU Rewards member, I can just go to TRU tomorrow and get this with the $30 gift card?

i like the bonuses offered, i cant decide what to go with though.
151l1259.jpg

What's this about it being available 3 days earlier for Rewards R Us members? This is the first I've heard of it.

Does that $12 Amazon code stack with ECA? If so I guess I should get it.

And I guess I'm supposed to get the Playstation one 'cause of the extra...level is it?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Does that $12 Amazon code stack with ECA? If so I guess I should get it.

And I guess I'm supposed to get the Playstation one 'cause of the extra...level is it?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, so with eca the game is like 43$ with free shipping or amazon prime. GET IT! Each version has 16 challenge rooms/maps whatever, on the ps3 version 8 of those are playable with the joker. Main story wise, there is no difference.

And about wal-mart and the armor code, you should be getting that same armor after you beat the game. Bonus is pretty lackluster if you unlock it after 10-12 hours I say, but I guess it still counts.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Does that $12 Amazon code stack with ECA? If so I guess I should get it.

And I guess I'm supposed to get the Playstation one 'cause of the extra...level is it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah..seems like an extra level IMO it'll be DLC on the 360, so meh I don't care. And the code is for $5 but I think amazing has an additional reduce price of the game. And yes the coupon stacks.

[quote name='dallow']The Scarecrow map will be future DLC. You just get it right away with GS.[/QUOTE]

I've yet to see anything official stating that. Have a link or anything?

You might want to add that the collectors edition includes some Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC vs. the standard edition which doesn't include this.

[quote name='Vortextk']Yes it does, so with eca the game is like 43$ with free shipping or amazon prime. GET IT! Each version has 16 challenge rooms/maps whatever, on the ps3 version 8 of those are playable with the joker. Main story wise, there is no difference.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! (EDIT: I misinterpreted what that original code was for)

Well darn, the ECA codes aren't generating new ones right now, I guess. Oh well :whistle2:/ maybe if that comes back online.

If you have another order that hasn't gone through yet(pre-order or something) you can cancel it and re-order with batman and the ECA code will apply to both/everything.

Thanks, but I don't :whistle2:/

That's great to hear they've got it so it applies to a whole order though! (At least once the codes come back.) I think I'm picking up Republic Commando too, since it's dirt cheap.

[quote name='etschell']ugh i just read igns review. it takes 12 hours to beat the game in its entirety. gonna be a rental glad i didnt pre order.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry since when is a 12 hours game time bad. there are games that take 6-8 hours to beat that are same price and not even half as good and your complaining about 12 hour game time. you sir are a moron.

[quote name='Vortextk']
[quote name='dallow']The Scarecrow map will be future DLC. You just get it right away with GS.[/QUOTE]
I've yet to see anything official stating that. Have a link or anything?[/QUOTE]

Come on. There's no reason they would keep this to Game Stop only. I haven't heard of any special/preorder/whatever DLC not eventually being available to everyone. Game Stop Example: X-Men Origins + Weapon X Arena DLC.

Also, remember back when Yoda/Darth Vader were "console exclusives"? Or the Fallout 3 DLC? Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if Joker will eventually become available on 360 as well.

[quote name='Nebenator']
Stores:

• Amazon: $12 cheaper with 5OFFARKM code and Amazons lower price (additional Edge Card Discount is available, too), bonus Comic Book[/QUOTE]

Edge Card Discount?

[quote name='Vinny']What's this about it being available 3 days earlier for Rewards R Us members? This is the first I've heard of it.[/QUOTE]

Well, gamestop employees were playing this game last night

(I know because they are on my friends list and one of my friends works there)

[quote name='Maledar']Well, gamestop employees were playing this game last night

(I know because they are on my friends list and one of my friends works there)[/QUOTE]
Your friends better hope MS doesn't decide to ban them for playing a game prerelease as they did with RE5

The game probably already has shipped to stores, which is why it will be available on its release date right when stores open. As Maledar said, some employees are already playing it at GameStop, and some folks on the GameFAQ's board have popped up saying their local Mom and Pop shops are selling it already.

Still, I'm wondering about getting Batman early at Toys R Us...I really wish we had a scan of the ad for that deal, because I have not heard anything about it being released tomorrow. AFAIK it is for Tuesday, the 25th, and you'll get the $30 card between 10 AM and 2 PM if you're a Rewards member, and a $25 card anytime after that.

[quote name='Double-J']The game probably already has shipped to stores, which is why it will be available on its release date right when stores open. As Maledar said, some folks are already playing it at GameStop, and some folks on the GameFAQ's board have popped up saying their local Mom and Pop shops are selling it already.

Still, I'm wondering about getting Batman early at Toys R Us...I really wish we had a scan of the ad for that deal, because I have not heard anything about it being released tomorrow. AFAIK it is for Tuesday, the 25th, and you'll get the $30 card between 10 AM and 2 PM if you're a Rewards member, and a $25 card anytime after that.[/QUOTE]
If anyone is heading to TRU today or tomorrow they could confirm its early release, but as far as I know, the deal was canceled.

[quote name='etschell']ugh i just read igns review. it takes 12 hours to beat the game in its entirety. gonna be a rental glad i didnt pre order.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised more people didn't call you an idiot. 12 hours these days is more than the norm for these types of games and I've heard it was more around 12-15 hours. There's also the challenge maps to play. Plenty of bang for the buck with all the discounts floating around.

[quote name='blissskr']Your friends better hope MS doesn't decide to ban them for playing a game prerelease as they did with RE5[/QUOTE]

I remember it as Microsoft banning people that got the game illegally and not those that got it through legal means.

This topic reminds me I need to ask my cousin (GameStop employee) to steal a pre-order code for me...

Quickly friends! I have a question. I've chosen release day shipping for my preorder of Batman on Amazon.com. Why is it cheaper than one day shipping? Will I not get it in the mail the very first day if I choose release day shipping? I've never done anything better than three day mail so I'm unsure.

Release day shipping is always only like 6 bucks, its most likely because they're shipping a few days before but you just get it on that day. Ive always gotten my release dates on release day with this shipping method.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nebenator']If anyone is heading to TRU today or tomorrow they could confirm its early release, but as far as I know, the deal was canceled.[/QUOTE]

You mean the early release, and not the gift card, correct?

[quote name='blissskr']Release day shipping is always only like 6 bucks, its most likely because they're shipping a few days before but you just get it on that day. Ive always gotten my release dates on release day with this shipping method.[/QUOTE]

I just looked it up and found out on my own, but thank you for explaining it to me. I sent you a PM.

bread's done
Back