Spider-Woman, Agent of S.W.O.R.D. - Motion Comic on iTunes - $0.99

evil_twin

CAGiversary!
9281header_new_main0803835.jpg

Click here for trailer.
Click here for the full episode.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Isn't that a cartoon?[/QUOTE]

If your definition of a cartoon is everything "drawn, animated w/ sound" then yeah, I guess it technically could be. It's just the style in which they present it is very much like reading a comic. Metal Gear Digital Graphic Novel & The Watchmen Digital Comic are some of the more well known of there kind.

[quote name='JolietJake']The characters themselves don't move i think, the pages flip and everything, plus there's sound.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's different for each one but I know in The Watchmen they have some slight animation. Just moving arms, walking, but nothing drastic.

Watched this a couple days ago and I must say, it was pretty bad. Here's my complaints:

It is not "new reader" friendly. To understand what's going on then knowledge of Marvel's Secret Invasion is required. They do try to give the reader a quick synopsis of the event but I couldn't imagine a fresh reader to understand this 100%. Abigail Brand makes a cameo and if you're asking, "who's that?" then I'm not surprised. This is a fairly new medium and one would asume Marvel to choose a character/franchise easier to pick up for newcomers. Perhaps Ultimate Spider-Man would've made a better choice.

Some like Bendis' writing style, some hate it (I happen to like it) but having it read to you aload is not a good thing. It was laughable and cheesy. It sounded very comic bookish and not in a good way. Both Jessica & Brand's dialog with each other is painful.

I kept thinking, "Would this be a something I'd like to read in print form?" The answer is "no." It's simply not a story worth telling. You can always track Jessica's troubles in the pages of "The New Avengers" anyways.

Alex Maleev's art is nice, unfortunatly it's wasted on this venture. I was wanting something with more pop and colors. That may be just me however.

The fight scene got me a little excited. I was thinking "okay now it's gonna get good." Unfortunatly it's over before you know it and is quickly ruined by the awful dialog.

bread's done
Back