EBGames.com gets stupider by the day

Diiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
As if the new tax thing wasn't enough, here was my latest ordeal, and the idiotic response it received from their customer service.

[quote name='Diiz']I placed an order with you yesterday for the limited edition XBox Halo bundle and free 2 day air shipping. I messed up on shipping address on the order (I am moving on the same day this thing ships), so I cancelledthe order. I placed it again, and once again entered the coupon for free2 day shipping. Everything was fine, and my order total was $183.42. Today when I went to check the status, the total was different...it said $191 and some change because I was being charged $7.99 for shipping now (huh??).

I cancelled my order yet again. I tried placing it one more
time, and this time when I entered the free ship code, it said I had
exceeded the number of times I could use that code. How in the world
could that be when I haven't even gotten a correct order through yet?
And why was it showing a charge for shipping after I had already entered
the coupon and received an email with the total?

All I want is to place an order with free 2 day shipping (and hopefully use my $10 gift voucher that I received from signing up with the reservations reward program) for the limited edition Halo XBox bundle. What do I have to do here?[/quote]

[quote name='EBGames.com Customer Service']Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

I would suggest that you place the order with the shipping of the 2 day
air. If you are charged shipping do not cancel your order; simply gives
a call at 1-877-432-9675 after you place the order; and we will be happy
to take those shipping charges off for you.

If you require further assistance, we are available 7 days a week from 8
AM to Midnight EST.

Have a great day!
Melissa
EBgames.com[/quote]

I wrote back and told her to forget it. My business has now officially gone to Gamestop.

i agree, its dumb to cancel an order without hearing back from them, seems like youre just looking for reasons to bitch and they they would be more than happy to help you

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']What's so wrong with them offering to correct the problem via a phone call?[/quote]

Not a problem so much as a nuisance. I placed the order, then after it was placed they charged me for shipping. What if I hadn't checked the status of my order until after it shipped? That's just shady. Plus, I can't use the coupon code (not like it works anyway) after typing it in twice when I don't even have a complete order out? And the fact that they charge you tax on shipping is idiotic. Personal preference, but I'll save the $20 and buy at Gamestop.

[quote name='punqsux']i agree, its dumb to cancel an order without hearing back from them, seems like youre just looking for reasons to bitch and they they would be more than happy to help you[/quote]

I'm not "just looking for reasons to bitch". I am not chasing them over it, I just moved on and bought somewhere else. Big fucking deal. Maybe if I had received that reply within 24 hours (yet another thing they advertise, but obviously don't deliver on) instead of 72 I would have tried again. But I rather not pay the tax anyway.

[quote name='Diiz'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']What's so wrong with them offering to correct the problem via a phone call?[/quote]

Not a problem so much as a nuisance. I placed the order, then after it was placed they charged me for shipping. What if I hadn't checked the status of my order until after it shipped? That's just shady. Plus, I can't use the coupon code (not like it works anyway) after typing it in twice when I don't even have a complete order out? And the fact that they charge you tax on shipping is idiotic. Personal preference, but I'll save the $20 and buy at Gamestop.[/quote]

Do what works best for you.

Still...at least they were willing to fix the problem for you. If they hadn't offered to do anything, then you'd have a right to be pissed off.

Well have any of you actually called the number before? Is it as easy as it sounds or do they make you jump through hoops? Not that I care, but you have no idea if it is a pain in the ass to deal with or not.

IMO if you had the time to call about the shipping problem, then you could have made the time to have them give you a credit. Then again, this isn't my problem so whatever works for you and makes you feel happy is what you should do.

[quote name='Diiz']Well have any of you actually called the number before? Is it as easy as it sounds or do they make you jump through hoops? Not that I care, but you have no idea if it is a pain in the ass to deal with or not.[/quote]

Very easy, very smooth.

One time, EBGames shipped my order via UPS to the FedEx facility so that they could ship it to me. Yeah. I know.

But with a simple phone call, I received reimbursement for my shipping as well as 10 dollars off the 40 dollar order. I like.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, who cares?[/quote]

about dizz whining? about the customer service being easy?[/quote]

It's not whining, goontard. I just said I wouldn't shop there anymore. If you always shop at the same exact places and have never had a problem with anything, then congrats to you, but I don't really give a shit.

[quote name='Diiz'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, who cares?[/quote]

It's not whining, goontard. I just said I wouldn't shop there anymore. If you always shop at the same exact places and have never had a problem with anything, then congrats to you, but I don't really give a shit.[/quote]

I think it is fairly conclusive to say you are whining. How else would you describe a thread devoted totaly to you telling us how much you hate a company.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Diiz'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, who cares?[/quote]

It's not whining, goontard. I just said I wouldn't shop there anymore. If you always shop at the same exact places and have never had a problem with anything, then congrats to you, but I don't really give a shit.[/quote]

I think it is fairly conclusive to say you are whining. How else would you describe a thread devoted totaly to you telling us how much you hate a company.[/quote]

That's funny, I don't see the word hate anywhere. I just said I wasn't shopping there anymore. Good detective work there.

[quote name='Diiz'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, who cares?[/quote]

612112167403f93a3d6d94.gif

[quote name='Diiz'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Diiz'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, who cares?[/quote]

I think it is fairly conclusive to say you are whining. How else would you describe a thread devoted totaly to you telling us how much you hate a company.[/quote]

That's funny, I don't see the word hate anywhere. I just said I wasn't shopping there anymore. Good detective work there.[/quote]

Yes, clearly my entire argument is wrong becaes you didn't say the word hate. If I said it seems like you are whiny because you made an entire thread to tell everyone that you think a company is stupid, would that be better?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Diiz'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Diiz'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, who cares?[/quote]

That's funny, I don't see the word hate anywhere. I just said I wasn't shopping there anymore. Good detective work there.[/quote]

Yes, clearly my entire argument is wrong becaes you didn't say the word hate. If I said it seems like you are whiny because you made an entire thread to tell everyone that you think a company is stupid, would that be better?[/quote]

Well you're getting warmer anyway :roll:

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Diiz'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Diiz'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, who cares?[/quote]

Yes, clearly my entire argument is wrong becaes you didn't say the word hate. If I said it seems like you are whiny because you made an entire thread to tell everyone that you think a company is stupid, would that be better?[/quote]

Lemme guess, next he'll respond with "I didn't say they were stupid, moron. I said they were, 'getting stupider.'"

i understand were all cheapasses but alot of you just like to complain about nothing. its really annoying. websites make mistakes sometimes. they offered to fix it. seems like you are just looking for a fight.

Yeah, you are wrong in this case. The web site automatically won't let you use the free ship code twice, so obviously if you've already used the code, you have to call them up for them to manually add the free shipping. If you don't understand that, you've never worked in a call center, and second of all you sound like a whiny little kid. They're trying to work with you, you had no reason to be an ass and send a nasty letter. You think they really care about some irrate customer? they're just laughing at you getting pissed for nothing.

Did you notice that you kept saying "GameStop" in your early posts, when the thread title says "EBGames.com gets stupider by the day" and the reply email was signed by an EBGames rep?

I noticed that he snuck the Reservation Rewards voucher in there too. So basically you were trying to get free-shipping AND $10 off at the same time. You're lucky the rep didn't call shenanigans on your ass...

[quote name='WildWop']Did you notice that you kept saying "GameStop" in your early posts, when the thread title says "EBGames.com gets stupider by the day" and the reply email was signed by an EBGames rep?[/quote]

Yeah, I said I was taking my business to Gamestop now ya fuckin tard.

[quote name='magilacudy']I noticed that he snuck the Reservation Rewards voucher in there too. So basically you were trying to get free-shipping AND $10 off at the same time. You're lucky the rep didn't call shenanigans on your ass...[/quote]

1. The promotion was for free shipping dumbass.

2. I actually pre-ordered a game to legitimately get the reservation reward voucher. After trying it for a month, if I don't like it I will cancel, unlike all you fucking crooks who cancelled right afterwards. THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR.

So EB doesn't have to deal with your whiny ass and they sell the bundle to someone else since these are obviously going to move pretty quickly?

WIN

I mean damn, dude, they offered to fix it for you, what else do you want from them, a quickie and a six-pack?

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']So EB doesn't have to deal with your whiny ass and they sell the bundle to someone else since these are obviously going to move pretty quickly?

WIN

I mean damn, dude, they offered to fix it for you, what else do you want from them, a quickie and a six-pack?[/quote]

Are they offering beer? Don't be a dumbshit. I am just aggravated due to the recent merger of ebgames.com and EBGames B&M and how I had already placed my order and then the next day they wanted to charge me tax and shipping after I had already received an email confirming the $169.99 price (the next day the price lept up to $191 and some change) on an order that had already been placed. Sure, it's a pre-order, but that doesn't mean I have to shop there.

its totally understandabel why u cancelled your order, since u could get it cheaper at gamestop, but y bash eb? yeah their computers fucked up, they offered to make it better, its not like they robbed you...

also i believe cheapy put the fuck filter on for a reason, i know youre all 1377 with your phpbb code but really you should respect his decision

[quote name='magilacudy']I noticed that he snuck the Reservation Rewards voucher in there too. So basically you were trying to get free-shipping AND $10 off at the same time. You're lucky the rep didn't call shenanigans on your ass...[/quote]

the next person to say shenanigans is getting pistol whipped

[quote name='punqsux']its totally understandabel why u cancelled your order, since u could get it cheaper at gamestop, but y bash eb? yeah their computers shaq-fu up, they offered to make it better, its not like they robbed you...

also i believe cheapy put the shaq-fu filter on for a reason, i know youre all 1377 with your phpbb code but really you should respect his decision[/quote]

You know the old saying about the straw that finally breaks the camels back? That would apply here. I have just had too many bad experiences with EB (which I overlooked in the past because the old manager was totally kickass) and they have finally just snowballed into this thread.

There was the time when I pre-ordered XBL about 2 weeks before it came out. On launch day I was there right when the store opened, only to have them tell me that they didn't have a copy for me...I had already paid in full and had the receipt to prove it. I had to drive to several other places and finally found it.

There were others times when they screwed up pretty bad, which I won't detail here, but I think what happened the other day with the "Trade in 4, get FF:CC for free" when the clerk was basically saying I was a liar (saying that the other EB stores I called were just wrong) and that no such promotion existed pissed me off. Yes, it was corrected in the end, but if I have to jump through flaming hoops every time I want to buy something there I rather go elsewhere. That's all there is to it.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']oh and stupider is not a word. i guess that makes you stupidest.[/quote]

Oh, and nice try there champ.

[quote name='Dictionary.com']stu·pid ( P ) Pronunciation Key (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.[/quote]

Guess that makes you the stupider than stupidest. :wink:

[quote name='Diiz']Well have any of you actually called the number before? Is it as easy as it sounds or do they make you jump through hoops? Not that I care, but you have no idea if it is a pain in the ass to deal with or not.[/quote]

Yeah, I called them last month when I made an order during their buyone getone free retrogames deal. I hit the wrong button for shipping, then called them a little later and they gave me the free shipping, it was maybe a 15 second phone call and cost me 5 cents(for the call) so I was very impressed with how they handled it.why not just do what they said?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Diiz'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Diiz'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, who cares?[/quote]

Lemme guess, next he'll respond with "I didn't say they were stupid, moron. I said they were, 'getting stupider.'"[/quote]

Sorry I just had to jump in here and keep the momentum going. Everyone just keeps quoting..... well everyone, and we get to read the same thing over and over.

I love this quote feature.!!

bread's done
Back