Amazon All Gold Box Event -- LIVE -- Xbox 360 Bonus Offers Aug 28-31 (Updated)

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Deal of the Day
:pc: The Sims 3 $29.98

Lightning Deals

6 am -- Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game.
9 am -- Fore!
11 am -- Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2 pm -- Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game.
5 pm -- Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game.
8 pm -- Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.

Also the 360 price drops (pro and elite) have hit amazon and they have some bonus offers for those who purchase 360s.

Elite -- Free 12+1 Month Live
Pro -- Free Halo 3, Fable 2, or Halo Wars
Arcade -- Free Lost Odyssey or Banjo - Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon black friday sales always divide people, those who got in on the deal or those who didnt.....

I was lucky enough to grab a kitchenaid mixer last year for $75 with a $50 giftcard :D

But their goldbox deals are very lukewarm....

Another time for Amazon to provide completely crappy game deals. I am off on Friday so I will still check it out but the past game days have been god awful.

Prove me wrong Amazon...prove me wrong.

Darn, looks like I will be staying home on Friday :D but really, I don't care. I have bought one video game from the Gold Box deals (maybe two, I can't remember now :roll: ) and they were decent games for decent prices. My brother got my a bunch of Nintendo games in 2007 and got several of them for $20 from the Gold Box, ever since then I've been watching the Gold Box, hoping and praying something good will be offered. It seems, however, that anytime I miss one is when they offer the good stuff, or really good stuff.

So once again, my fingers are crossed their might be something good. If my memory serves me, this is the first time in a little while Amazon has had all video games and promoted it like this, so hopefully it will be something worth while.

Let's, see, I would like:

Super Mario Bros Wii (pre-order) - $20
Toy Story Mania (pre-order) - $20
Metroid Prime Trilogy $20
Super Paper Mario - $20
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - $20
Little Kings Story - $20
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - $20
Zelda Phantom Hourglass - $20
Scribblenauts - $20
Mario and Luigi's Inside Story - $20
Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time - $15
Uncharted - $15
InFamous - $20
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts - $10
Ghostbusters (All Systems) - $20

So a new game every hour and a half or so. Of course, a few dollars in either direction would be okay too... Now, where's my job at Amazon, I think that is a fantastic pricing plan :applause: :lol:

One can only dream.... Maybe if I don't keep my hopes to high I will find something good, even though I don't need anything and really should stop buying for a while anyway, I just can't pass up a good deal.

Thanks for the heads up OP, will be setting my phone to remind me now!!!!

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I can't wait for black friday... last year amazon had the best vg sales[/QUOTE]

I think you meant to say Steam.

Since when did anybody make sales wishlists on CAG?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I can't wait for black friday... last year amazon had the best vg sales[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, what kind of deals did Amazon have last year?

The past several years my family would go out early on the morning of Black Friday, more for fun than anything. Once and a while we would have one item we were looking for, but for the most part would just buy things we wanted if we could. For the most part we went to Staples (since they were the only electronics store near by :D ) and switch on and off to go to JC Penney's when they opened and Wal-Mart once they opened... Oh, the good old days, I can still feel the excitement standing there waiting to get in, last year we had a beautiful snow fall an hour or so before Staples opened and it looked like a snow globe in the parking lot lights. Anyhow, once we finished at the main stores we would go to other stores if the parking lot wasn't crazy, usually Kmart, Radio Shack (never anyone in there), etc. but only if they had good deals. Then, we would go out to lunch early afternoon and make a day out of it. A lot of fun and usually found a couple of good deals, it is so much more fun when you go not actually wanting something, when you want something there is way too much pressure :)

So anyhow, I've never been home to see what Amazon offers and was always curious since they tend to have good deals all the time anyway.

By the way, if this is off topic I apologize and anyone that wants to share can PM me.

Thanks!

I can't wait for Amazon Black Friday either. They matched pretty much everything and I just stayed home. Although I don't know if it will be as good this year because we're missing Circuit City. Ever since they left, the weekly ads have gone downhill.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Darn, looks like I will be staying home on Friday :D but really, I don't care. I have bought one video game from the Gold Box deals (maybe two, I can't remember now :roll: ) and they were decent games for decent prices. My brother got my a bunch of Nintendo games in 2007 and got several of them for $20 from the Gold Box, ever since then I've been watching the Gold Box, hoping and praying something good will be offered. It seems, however, that anytime I miss one is when they offer the good stuff, or really good stuff.

So once again, my fingers are crossed their might be something good. If my memory serves me, this is the first time in a little while Amazon has had all video games and promoted it like this, so hopefully it will be something worth while.

Super Mario Bros Wii (pre-order) - $20
Toy Story Mania (pre-order) - $20
Metroid Prime Trilogy $20
Super Paper Mario - $20
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - $20
Little Kings Story - $20
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - $20
Zelda Phantom Hourglass - $20
Scribblenauts - $20
Mario and Luigi's Inside Story - $20
Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time - $15
Uncharted - $15
InFamous - $20
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts - $10
Ghostbusters (All Systems) - $20

So a new game every hour and a half or so. Of course, a few dollars in either direction would be okay too... Now, where's my job at Amazon, I think that is a fantastic pricing plan :applause: :lol:

One can only dream.... Maybe if I don't keep my hopes to high I will find something good, even though I don't need anything and really should stop buying for a while anyway, I just can't pass up a good deal.

Thanks for the heads up OP, will be setting my phone to remind me now!!!![/QUOTE]

That's one HELL of a dream. The only one I could see happening is Banjo Kazooie N & B.

[quote name='Drizztd9']Given amazons track record lately it'll probably be a bunch of Imagine games for the DS.[/QUOTE]

Beg to differ. Halo Wars LE was a very awesome deal.

30155.jpg

[quote name='Nohbdy']I think you meant to say Steam.

Since when did anybody make sales wishlists on CAG?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Estebon']Since now.

Some people complain about the most dumbest things.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, was just a little joke. Amazon does tend to have good deals, but as others have said, recently, the deals weren't as good, so I thought it would be funny to post some out of this world ideas.

[quote name='dualedge2']That's one HELL of a dream. The only one I could see happening is Banjo Kazooie N & B.[/QUOTE]

Yes, very true, but who wouldn't like for it to become a reality :bouncy::drool::bouncy::drool::bouncy: My dreams are always crazy, but they are just dreams, so I'm allowed :D

If it happens, I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket :bouncy: Wonder what the jackpot is now :roll:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Beg to differ. Halo Wars LE was a very awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

I second this. If they were to have a game of this caliber on Friday, I might be very tempted. The only ones that seem like a possibility that would be relatively new are Prototype and Ghostbusters, so fingers crossed for those.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']

BLOCK OF TEXT LISTING NEWER GAMES AND A FEW OLD 50% CURRENT PRICES

[/QUOTE]

I kid.. I kid..
You are not kidding about being a nintendo fan. That is a BIG dream, especially the new(er) releases.

Not to threadcrap but we all know it's usually some accessories and left over collectors editions followed by games that we don't want. NOw let's hope I eat crow in a few hours

I can't wait for Amazon Black Friday either. They matched pretty much everything and I just stayed home. Although I don't know if it will be as good this year because we're missing Circuit City. Ever since they left, the weekly ads have gone downhill.

i used to work at circuit city, and since associates had to get to work at 3am (1 hr b4 openin) id do a quick run and grab a random assortment of things i wanted (blank dvds, tv season dvds, a few games, etc), and put it aside until the end of the night (since 3 of the 4 yrs i worked their i got the awesome 3am-11:3- pm shifts), and buy my things then. damn this year i'll no longer have my insider edge!

[quote name='Doomtime']I can't wait for Amazon Black Friday either. They matched pretty much everything and I just stayed home. Although I don't know if it will be as good this year because we're missing Circuit City. Ever since they left, the weekly ads have gone downhill.[/QUOTE]
This. I set my alarm for 5 minutes before sales went live, woke up, ordered, and went back to bed. I think there was some live broadcast going on before hand here on the site, but sleep > nerd mingling. ;)

[quote name='newlu']
30155.jpg
[/QUOTE]

In for 2. One to play, and the second to keep shrink wrapped and sell for millions down the road.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Speaking of which, what kind of deals did Amazon have last year?
[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 for $130 and Personal Training Cooking for $5 are what I remember.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Speaking of which, what kind of deals did Amazon have last year?[/QUOTE]
Dead Space for $30 and L4D was $20. Those are the only highlights I remember.

Their videogame Goldboxes generally have at least one game worth picking up... I'm hoping for a deal on Prime Trilogy. Already got a copy from Amazon but if a better price comes, I can return it and buy the lower price.

I know Amazon had Fallout 3 for $40 last black friday. I think they also had Fable 2 and Call of duty waw for $40. Hopefully this year is s good.

I wish they would bring back the Halo Wars LE. I need it for my steelbook collection.

Metroid Prime Trilogy would be nice too, but I doubt they'll have that.

Man, it was the best... I still have stuff I haven't even opened yet from it. Maybe I went overboard last year.

[quote name='J7.']Here's what they had on BF last year.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=556
I got a PSP component cable for $5.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be missing some items or not stating the lowest price during the weekend.

From my purchase history:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts $26 (thread not listed)
Golden Axe: Beast Rider $10 (thread stated $20)
Sonic Unleashed $21 shipped with $5 promo code (thread stated $26)
At the time, these were awesome prices!

I bought these and a bunch more. Spent $100's. Wonder if they'll grab my attention again.

[quote name='reddjoey']I kid.. I kid..
You are not kidding about being a nintendo fan. That is a BIG dream, especially the new(er) releases.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm very much a Nintendo Nerd :D (I say as I sit at my computer in my Mario jammy bottoms :baby: ... wait, was that too much details? :roll: )

Anyway, I think I need to head to bed now and dream about these deals, especially considering I'm not able to understand half of what I'm saying (which is really bad) and my accuracy for typing is drastically dropping and I can't see very well.

[quote name='y2jasper']i used to work at circuit city, and since associates had to get to work at 3am (1 hr b4 openin) id do a quick run and grab a random assortment of things i wanted (blank dvds, tv season dvds, a few games, etc), and put it aside until the end of the night (since 3 of the 4 yrs i worked their i got the awesome 3am-11:3- pm shifts), and buy my things then. damn this year i'll no longer have my insider edge![/QUOTE]

That would be so awesome, not the getting up at 3 and staying all day part, but to be able to snag the deals before everyone is a huge perk for doing it. I always wondered if those pesky little workers in the stores were snagging up the stuff I wanted before I had the chance and now I know :whistle2:s

[quote name='Jodou']This. I set my alarm for 5 minutes before sales went live, woke up, ordered, and went back to bed. I think there was some live broadcast going on before hand here on the site, but sleep > nerd mingling. ;)[/QUOTE]

Awesome, can't beat that :applause: Looks like my Black Friday traditions are moving online. Maybe I can get the rest of my family to do a video chat and we can all shop and have lunch virtually. I'm still hopeful I may get to go home for Thanksgiving, but it is still up in the air with my schedule and stuff.

[quote name='mis0']In for 2. One to play, and the second to keep shrink wrapped and sell for millions down the road.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! My Target has a couple of those for $4.98, better grab them quick before they are all gone. I will resist the urge to play for the payoff down the road... Looks like early retirement is in my near future :bouncy:

[quote name='beerme']Xbox 360 for $130 and Personal Training Cooking for $5 are what I remember.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, seems like some pretty good deals. Have the CAG edge will make this a little easier as well.... Now if I can just get my laptop back so I can have my fast computer to snag the deals up before they are gone (my good one is getting repaired right now :cry:)

[quote name='Jodou']Dead Space for $30 and L4D was $20. Those are the only highlights I remember.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Hopefully they will have some good casual games as well. For one thing, they are slightly less popular so I have a better chance of getting them and they are generally what I prefer to play anyway, so I will be happy.

[quote name='J7.']Here's what they had on BF last year.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=556
I got a PSP component cable for $5.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, probably should have done that myself, didn't think of it (It's late, I need sleep so I can get up in a few hours and instead I'm reading all the new posts coming in here and adding my own comments which I will probably hit myself in the morning once I see what I said and are probably making no sense to anyone else, but anywho!)

Looks like some pretty decent deals. Now I will just need to sort through what is offered this year and decide what I want to have now and what I want to wait for later and make a scientific method out of which games will probably never be offered that low again before the console is replaced and which games are likely to be at the same price or lower this time in 2010. Several of the games are the same price or lower now, so this may end up being harder than it seems!

[quote name='onapartyrock']Man, it was the best... I still have stuff I haven't even opened yet from it. Maybe I went overboard last year.[/QUOTE]

That's not possible :D A deal is a deal and at some point you thought it was important to have and if at any time you open it, then all the better! But really, is there any other feeling as nice as being able to get so many good deals that you can't open them all :bouncy: ?

[quote name='Vinny']Their videogame Goldboxes generally have at least one game worth picking up... I'm hoping for a deal on Prime Trilogy. Already got a copy from Amazon but if a better price comes, I can return it and buy the lower price.[/QUOTE]
I would suggest that people not return games back to Amazon for that reason. Amazon has gotta stricter on returns and have closed people accounts at their discretion. save those returns for when they're really needed like on defected items.

[quote name='Vortextk']Maybe I'm blind, where on the page am I supposed to be looking to see them mention this?[/QUOTE]

Looks like they took it down, but it was on the frontpage of the videogames section.

Can't wait to see the teasers. I'm hoping for a cheap Wolverine and Prototype myself, maybe RE5.

[quote name='llNorcalSharkll']I would suggest that people not return games back to Amazon for that reason. Amazon has gotta stricter on returns and have closed people accounts at their discretion. save those returns for when they're really needed like on defected items.[/QUOTE]

I've contacted their CS about PM'ing a price for items that are being processed (not shipped) but they always tell me that they no longer do post order PM'ing but that I can return the old order (if it's sealed) and re-order it. I've done this 9 or 10 times, haven't had a problem yet.

I don't really need any new games right now but if there's something really good that I want, I'd pick it up.

Last Black Friday was great, I picked up a couple copies of Personal Trainer: Cooking for $5 (if I remember right it was $10 on BF then it dropped to $5 on Saturday), a Nyko Perfect Shot for $5 (started at $8 and dropped to $5), Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition for $10, Okami for $20, Rune Factory 2 for $15 with the plush squirrel, and a couple movies.

i mean seriously, amazon leads you to believe gold box = deals. the only gold box deal ive seen worth a damn was lbp for 29.99 about 3-4 months ago.

[quote name='etschell']i mean seriously, amazon leads you to believe gold box = deals. the only gold box deal ive seen worth a damn was lbp for 29.99 about 3-4 months ago.[/QUOTE]

The Persona 4 Gold Box deal last year?? That was a pretty good deal.

[quote name='chibamm']The Persona 4 Gold Box deal last year?? That was a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

There was a good deal on Yakuza 2 that same day. I've gotten a bunch of good stuff from Gold Boxes in the last year, though I would agree the last couple have been pretty lackluster.

[quote name='Okatha']Can't wait to see the teasers. I'm hoping for a cheap Wolverine and Prototype myself, maybe RE5.[/QUOTE]
Ditto on Wolverine and Prototype, I'm dying to get them on the cheap.

goldboxes arent always bad. last year they had a all ps3 goldbox with ratchet and clank and uncharted for $30 each. there was also dmc4 and gt5:prologue was the dotd.

r&c ended up being 100% claimed in 5 minutes and uncharted managed to crash the goldbox page for a bit. luckily, i managed to get both. =)

[quote name='etschell']i mean seriously, amazon leads you to believe gold box = deals. the only gold box deal ive seen worth a damn was lbp for 29.99 about 3-4 months ago.[/QUOTE]
They are deals. Just not as much as you (and most others on CAG) are looking for.

bread's done
Back