Amazon - Nocturne/DDS1/DDS2 BACK IN STOCK $39

YES! DD1 and DD2 are the only SMT games I had left to buy. I was just about to plunge $60 for each of these at a local shop the other day, giving up on ever seeing them again on Amazon.

Thank you Crnulus. Thank you a million times.

Oh, and for those who don't have it yet, I believe P4 has been lowered to $35 new at EB. Was $50 before.

meh....I was hoping to get a better price, but I finally bought DDS 1. So I guess Ill be able to start now that I have the first one!

Their shipping cost isn't too bad...at least for just a single game was like $2.99 or something, but I'm sure the artbook couldn't be that much extra. I actually got DDS/DDS2/Nocturne from them (much much much more expensive at the time T_T) but the shipping speed was great, I got them the day after they shipped out.

I'm actually playing DDS2 right now, and I wish I could have paid $39 for it lol. Don't miss out on cheap prices people. :cool:

All three appear to be still in stock after three days . How is that even possible?

My copies just shipped out today. Grab these games quick while you still have a chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
They're still in stock because this is one of the several reprints of the games that people actually want reprinted. Thus this drove demand for the game down (because people now have their own copies) and at the same time, drove the aftermarket price down to respectable levels.

I commend Atlus for these reprints.

[quote name='trippingmartian']They're PS2 reprints with the goodies stripped out of the box. Shouldn't they be about $19-29 each at the most?[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']is it worth it to play P3FES before P4? im planning to play one of them... don't know its worth it to play both.[/QUOTE]

Both games are worth your time. If you like one of them, you will most likely like the other one just as much. The games aren't for everyone though, so I would start off with one and if you like it, pick up the other. Whether that is 3 or 4, it is completely up to you.

If you are worried about story, the games take place in the same world, but do not follow the same characters or events, although there are some minor spoilers for P3 and lots of references to P3 (as well as other SMT games) in P4.

P4 made a lot of gameplay changes. Multi-mini-dungeons instead of one huge one, Player controlled party members instead of AI, and dungeon exploring during the same time as Social Links instead of separate, just to name a few. Whether they're improvements or unwanted changes is a preference thing.

I can't really recommend one over the other. I preferred P4, but it seems like more and more people prefer P3. I guess you'll just have to go with your gut.

[quote name='trippingmartian']They're PS2 reprints with the goodies stripped out of the box. Shouldn't they be about $19-29 each at the most?[/QUOTE]

They are on Amazon.com; welcome to Canada! >:p

PS: imo, the fact they're reprinting the games at affordable prices is 'goodie' enough as it is, since I bought mine at 60 or 70 bucks each at launch.
:bomb:

bread's done
Back