Area 51 with free Midway Arcade Treasures 2

I played the demo of this in the PS2 holiday demo disk, and I wasn't impressed... I was really hyped about the game...

EDIT: Now by not im pressed I'm not sayign it sucks, im just saying its not my type of game.

[quote name='shipwreck']Midway certainly knows how to do a bonus that people would actually want.[/quote]

Too bad I alrerady have MAT2 :(

Well I played the early demo of Alrea 51 and I must say it was pretty good.

I played the XBOX demo and I thought it suck!

$50 Dollars!! No Way

With $50 I can buy me 3 other games I been holding off buying.

[quote name='screwkick']What, no Gamecube version? :shock:[/quote]

I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be a joke or not. Midway announced long ago that there GCN releases would be on a game by game basis. Putting Area 51 on the GCN doesn't seem like a good financial decision.

Excellent. I had no intention of buying Area 51 at full price, but if it comes with Arcade Treasures 2 then I'll bite.

I wonder if they will have the Suffering as a free game when your pre-order Suffering 2?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Excellent. I had no intention of buying Area 51 at full price, but if it comes with Arcade Treasures 2 then I'll bite.

I wonder if they will have the Suffering as a free game when your pre-order Suffering 2?[/quote]

I think that would be extremely likely given their past track record.

I don't have MAT2 and I do want Area 51, I think I might bite on this one. I'm going to read about MAT2 first though. Thanks for the heads up though!

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Does anybody know if they ship out MAT 2 early or does it come with Area 51 in April?[/quote]

It will come with Area 51.

When they did this last with MK:Deception & MAT2, they shipped MAT2 out seperately, though that was because EB or GS (don't remember which) was doing this, instead of Midway.

I'm sure it'll be a NFR copy, like the MK:DA given out for Psi-Ops pre-orders.

Think they're going to make anymore? What else would they include on it? I don't think there's much more they have from older gen systems that they could put and market on a new game.. maybe a bundle deal regarding current systems, buy 5 for $20 or something.

So far, I've picked up both MAT games and paid $9.99 for both.

The first one was bundled with The Suffering for $30. The second one was $9.99 w/MK:D pre-order.

Certainly glad I have both, since they do take me back to my years in the arcades. :D

I bought MAT 2 for $10 on Xbox with the TRU "magic" coupon . . . not as cool as 1 for me.

Dropping MK 1 from MAT 2 sucked . . . plus the games on MAT 1 were real classics from when I was 17 (Defender, Joust, etc).

I would totally bite on this deal if I didn't already own MAT2. I've picked up both MAT 1 and 2 for 9.99. MAT1 was 9.99 after some GMR coupon and MAT2 was 9.99 not too long ago at CC. Great games IMO. I slightly like 2 more than one. From the little bit that I played of Area 51 in MK: Deception, I really enjoyed it. Seems like the game was coming along inicely. I guess I'll just wait for a few price drops on this one before I pick it up, unless they come out with a nice price when it is released.

I'm still considering pre-ordering this now, but can everyone tell me how they like MAT2? I've never played it, nor the first one, but I do remember the games on the compilations from years past. Are the games pretty much true to the classics? Are they worth picking up even if there wasn't this bundled deal?

Thanks

It looks like a good game. but I am gonna wait because it could easily flop since the demo was good, but not good enough for me to pay $50 for the full version. Besides, in a few months it will probably be around $20, I dont see it selling very well....

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']is it possible to put $5 down, get MAT2 and then never pay the rest so you don't have to get Area 51?[/quote]

I seriously doubt it, since you'll get MAT2 when you pick up Area 51.

Well I bit the bullet on this one. The MAT2 is a nice bonus, and the only reason I preordered Area 51 at full price. Now that I've read reviews of MAT2 I'm going to have to pick up MAT1, I grew up playing those games. Funny thing is I had no idea MAT existed until this deal was announced. So thanks to whomever reported the deal, I never would have found out about MAT without this.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='RelentlessRolento']is it possible to put $5 down, get MAT2 and then never pay the rest so you don't have to get Area 51?[/quote]

I seriously doubt it, since you'll get MAT2 when you pick up Area 51.[/quote]

You could pick it up and then return it the next day without giving back MAT 2. I highly doubt they will ask you for it.

bread's done
Back