Best Buy - Buy 1 PS3 game, get 1 50% off - starting 9/6/09

chuckywang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on PS3 games at BestBuy.com

Buy Any PS3 Game $59.99 or less and get a SECOND PS3 game 50% off
Titles shown:$59.99
Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty WaW, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5

$49.99
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Street Fighter IV

$29.99
Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, Pre-ordering Uncharted 2 and getting my copy of Infamous! This is perfect because I want the Best Buy golden AK-47 pre-order bonus anyway.

Hopefully this means there is a Wii sale coming as well; I have some cheaper games I'd like to pick up for even cheaper :cool:

I almost got excited about this but after all discounts, I get new release games for $48.44 from Amazon (56.99, less 10% ECA, less 5% Goldbox discount).

For this deal it would work out as $59.99 + $29.99 = $89.98 * 1.0825 (for tax) = $97.40 / 2 = $48.70. And there's probably shipping too, which is at least another $3.

No real savings, they're about the same. The only advantage would be if I could make pre-orders work in store... than I would be able to get the games day one for only a few cents more. But there's always the issue of BestBuy being complete shit..

I'm really hoping the game Alpha Protocol will be included with this though it wasn't with the 360 BOGO 50% off. I'd get that and Uncharted 2.

[quote name='Vinny']I almost got excited about this but after all discounts, I get new release games for $48.44 from Amazon (56.99, less 10% ECA, less 5% Goldbox discount).

For this deal it would work out as $59.99 + $29.99 = $89.98 * 1.0825 (for tax) = $97.40 / 2 = $48.70. And there's probably shipping too, which is at least another $3.

No real savings, they're about the same. The only advantage would be if I could make pre-orders work in store... than I would be able to get the games day one for only a few cents more. But there's always the issue of BestBuy being complete shit..[/QUOTE]

Is ECA guaranteed to work on all games purchases now? I recall earlier in the summer it wasn't working for a number of games so I didn't bother signing up. Also could someone explain to me how you get specific items in your Goldbox? All I ever browse on Amazon is video games and game accessories and the only thing that's ever in my Goldbox are books based on games.

And why is Best Buy complete shit? Insofar as game purchases are concerned I've never had issue with them and I've never heard of people having issues with them.

If anyone remembers, a scan of an alleged Best Buy 9/6 ad was posted a few weeks ago, advertising the PS3 slim. It was pretty much dismissed as fake, because there was obviously no such thing as a PS3 slim. Ahem.

Anyway this ad also showed some great PS3 titles at $9.99 (possibly if you purchased them with a system), like Littlebigplanet, MGS4, Uncharted and some others. So I wonder if there was any truth to this ad, I guess we'll find out in the next few days.

This would be great, I'd rather prefer a PS3 BOGO half off sale, but I'll dismiss it 'til I actually see it in print. (hopefully I can snag next weeks ad Tues. or Wed.)

[quote name='Vinny']I almost got excited about this but after all discounts, I get new release games for $48.44 from Amazon (56.99, less 10% ECA, less 5% Goldbox discount).

No real savings, they're about the same. The only advantage would be if I could make pre-orders work in store... than I would be able to get the games day one for only a few cents more. But there's always the issue of BestBuy being complete shit..[/QUOTE]

I thought you could order online and pick in-store pickup...

On Amazon I believe the best you can do is i think $48.44 if the game is listed at 5% off, 10% eca, and you get another 5% from goldbox. It's $51.30 if you can't get it into goldbox.

Normally I usually use my Amazon Chase card, which is 3% in amazon gc.

The Bestbuy Chase card is 4% back in gc, plus you get 6.7% back from gamer's club ($10 per $150).

For me, I have a $50 gc from buying a tv and i'm $70 bux short from premier silver.. so I'll probably pick up 4 games, pay $130. Get my premier silver, $10 bux from gamer's club, and about $7 worth of pts.

Any confirmation yet on whether the gamers club reward zone points will also be void come October like regular reward zone points are? That makes or breaks this deal for me.

[quote name='PvtChurch']Is ECA guaranteed to work on all games purchases now? I recall earlier in the summer it wasn't working for a number of games so I didn't bother signing up. Also could someone explain to me how you get specific items in your Goldbox? All I ever browse on Amazon is video games and game accessories and the only thing that's ever in my Goldbox are books based on games.

And why is Best Buy complete shit? Insofar as game purchases are concerned I've never had issue with them and I've never heard of people having issues with them.[/QUOTE]

ECA works with all games. It still dies every now and then when they run out of codes though, yeah, it's annoying. But they usually get new codes up within a week.

If you came to the BB, you'd see why I think it's shit. And after CC left, it got worse since there's no competitive stores (other than department stores) within 50 miles.

It'd be nice if this was the case. I like the PS3, but my game collection is severely lacking. I also find that the PS3 is the hardest system to find good deals on games for. Every store I've been to has a fraction of the PS3 games in clearance as any other systems, and unfortunately for me, none of the games are the ones I like. With the Blu-Ray and all, I can see it being more likely to have higher prices, but I rarely find good deals on PS3. PS2, on the other hand I can find tons of games for (unfortunately I don't have one), 360 I do okay with finding stuff, Wii I can find some, but generally it is more shovelware than anything and DS I do okay on, but the games seem to be older than what you can find on other systems, but my experience.

But anyway, I'd love to see a deal like this for PS3. Not sure what I would pick up, but there could be something. I'd love to see Best Buy do a deal like Toy's R Us with the Buy One Get One 50% off Wii and DS at the same time, so they can be combined again. Toy's R Us charged too much on games to begin with, so the savings didn't amount to much.

Thanks for the post OP!

[quote name='Jinque']gamers club isn't being affected

http://bb.lithium.com/t5/Points-Policies-and-Certs/Reward-Zone-Go-Digital-FAQs/td-p/38890[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thank you vm!

[quote name='1NintendoFan'] I also find that the PS3 is the hardest system to find good deals on games for. Every store I've been to has a fraction of the PS3 games in clearance as any other systems, and unfortunately for me, .[/QUOTE]
This situation will get better as the PS3 sells more systems and then more games.

[quote name='muelly']so you can pre-order games in full? Ive always thought you could only put $5 down[/QUOTE]

games you can "pre-order" in store comes in the form of a $5 box. online its pay full, not sure when they charge though..

Guess I'll be pre-ordering Alpha Protocol & Uncharted 2 if this turns out to be true -- that should keep me busy for the rest of the year.

If you buy two games could you get one free instead of only buying one game and getting one half off?

I know this has been asked a ton of times, but there is no specific place to find it:

How do you get the games you want into your goldbox?

So if I pre-order 2 games, am I charged in full for both of them now or charged when they ship?

nevermind; found the faq on the site finally that states you're charged when they ship. So I'm definitely grabbing Forza 3, now I need to decide between Bioshock 2/FFXIII

[quote name='BGOd']Awesome, two $20 games for $30. :D

...right?[/QUOTE]

Yea basically, if you can find 2 games that are 20 bucks, but also dont forget about tax if in your state they charge you tax.

I've seen Mirror's Edge and Ninja Gaiden at my Best Buy for $20.

Actually, all my PS3 games are $30 or less. :p

Well hopefully the deal works for pre-orders. Would be kind of bush league if it doesn't, I mean what's the difference? A $60 game is a $60 game. And I can't imagine a ton of people will use it for that anyway; most will want the immediate satisfaction rather than waiting for games that don't come out for a while. I'll be a tad irritated if they cancel my order.

Well it definitely "works" in the sense that they let you do it, it's just a matter of whether or not they cancel the orders because they don't want it to apply to pre-orders. I've already placed mine for Bioshock 2/Forza 3.

[quote name='beef209']If you buy two games could you get one free instead of only buying one game and getting one half off?[/QUOTE]
This post makes me laugh for some reason. It's not meant as a real question, right?

[quote name='J7.']Any confirmation yet on whether the gamers club reward zone points will also be void come October like regular reward zone points are? That makes or breaks this deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Wait... What? I was under the impression that my points could be banked as long as I wanted.

EDIT: Still not seeing what you're talking about. This only says you'll lose your points if fail to update your account on the Reward Zone website by the end of October. Seems like an easy thing to avoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mva5580']Well hopefully the deal works for pre-orders. Would be kind of bush league if it doesn't, I mean what's the difference? A $60 game is a $60 game. And I can't imagine a ton of people will use it for that anyway; most will want the immediate satisfaction rather than waiting for games that don't come out for a while. I'll be a tad irritated if they cancel my order.[/QUOTE]

its because they're obviously having this deal to clear out some stock and make room for the blockbuster holiday titles..

bread's done
Back