HKofferhouse.com deals - LittleBigPlanet GotY for $38

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
http://www.hkofferhouse.com/

They're based in Hong Kong and they accept PayPal or Western Union.

They sell imports as well as a lot of games from North America, and they're all brand new (unless otherwise noted) with their own photos.

They provide tracking and insurance with all orders. They charge $4 for shipping and $2 extra for additional items, but some bigger items may cost more to ship. Some good deals (more at their site):

:ps3: Guitar Hero 5 (US) - $51.19
:ps3: InFamous (Europe) - $46.39
:ps3: King of Fighters XII (Asian/English) - $42.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet GotY Edition (Asian/English) - $37.99
:ps3: Madden NFL 10 (Asian/English) - $44.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Guerrilla (Asian/English) - $36.89
:ps3: Overlord II (Asian/English) - $28.64
:ps3: Motorstorm (US, not Greatest Hits) - $13.69
:ps3: Skate 2 (Asian/English) - $19.99
:ps3: Valkyria Chronicles (US) - $35.49
:ps3: Wolfenstein (US) - $49.99

All 360 games listed are compatible with North American 360s:

:360: 120 GB HDD (refurbished) - $61.39
:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum (Asian/English) - $38.19 [currently OOS]
:360: BlazBlue (standard, Asian/English) - $39.99
:360: Ghostbusters (US) - $42.95
:360: Guitar Hero 5 (US) - $49.19
:360: King of Fighters XII (Asian/English) - $36.89
:360: Left 4 Dead GotY (Asian/English) - $28.73
:360: Raven Squad (US) - $38.88
:360: Red Faction: Guerilla (US) - $37.99
:360: Overlord II (Asian/English) - $29.99
:360: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (Asian/English) - $8.99

:wii: Classic Controller Pro (black or white) - $25.89

They've got more stuff for PSP, DS, and Wii. Just check them out (very easy to navigate).

They sell on eBay as well, over 24,000 feedback at 99.2%:
http://myworld.ebay.com/offerhouse

I ordered the R&C: Quest For Booty (retail version) and Valkyria Chronicles (US) from them a week and a half ago, and got them in the mail last Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jacknicklson']Might pick up Quest for Booty. $25 is the best I have seen, thanks![/QUOTE]

I know folks really like having a copy of the game, but the 'episode' is so short that you should really just look to get it the cheapest way possible. Even if that means the DLC version.

[quote name='$hady']Pretty sure it's the Asian versions like Playasia sells. Not everything Asian is a bootleg. :p[/QUOTE]

Except these HK places sell new games uber-cheap on ebay.

I don't trust them.

[quote name='confoosious']So are the English/Asian versions just bootlegs?[/QUOTE]
Eh? They release English translated games in Asia. Games like Demon Souls, Afrika, plus loads of other titles have been available in English for several months now in that region.

[quote name='confoosious']Except these HK places sell new games uber-cheap on ebay.

I don't trust them.[/QUOTE]
You have to be really dumb to buy something from Ebay without an actual picture. Piracy is really rampant on the region though, so if you're still paranoid about it only buy PS3 games.

[quote name='salazarmark']You have to be really dumb to buy something from Ebay without an actual picture. Piracy is really rampant on the region though, so if you're still paranoid about it only buy PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

Picture? Oh they have pictures.

I never buy from overseas on ebay. I don't trust them and I also am impatient.

Do a search for any game, like Batman. You'll see a HK shop selling it for $10 less than anyone else. I imagine the only way they can do that is to bootleg.

[quote name='confoosious']Picture? Oh they have pictures.

Do a search for any game, like Batman. You'll see a HK shop selling it for $10 less than anyone else. I imagine the only way they can do that is to bootleg.[/QUOTE]

Your avatar picture suits you well.

Do a search for any game, like Batman. You'll see a HK shop selling it for $10 less than anyone else. I imagine the only way they can do that is to bootleg.[/QUOTE]

Not defending anyone but I have been regularly buying from Play-Asia and their games are all 100% legit (the Asian version is usually just priced lower than the equivalent Japan version. You get the same disc and manual in the same factory shrink wrap. Only thing is there's an additional instruction sheet in English/Chinese to cover the main stuff in the Japanese manual).

I imagine the lower price is in part to combat piracy in the region. Of course you have to be careful buying anything online, but if you go with a large trusted e-seller (e.g. Play-Asia or YesAsia), you won't go wrong. Avoid eBay (especially the private sellers) if you're worried, but I've also bought from HK retailers on eBay and have no issues with their games. I've been collecting video games for over 20 years now, and I like to think I can spot a bootleg vs a legit copy of the game :)

i've ordered from this site a few times for 360 games and ps3 games. the ps3 games are all universal with no region so i never worried but the 360 games they list are compatible with US consoles. Take for instance my copy of l4d came from there it has a ea sticker on it and has some asian writing on it but as soon as i threw it in the 360 i couldnt even tell it was an import because all text and voices are English not anywhere did i notice a difference and when i play online it didnt make a difference my copy was an import. Great site cheap shipping and decent shipping time for being in hong kong. In fact i've recommended this site to several friends and NO one has had a problem with them well except for one impatient friend who hated waiting a week for demon souls when its not even out yet here

[quote name='$hady']Pretty sure it's the Asian versions like Playasia sells. Not everything Asian is a bootleg. :p[/QUOTE]

Well said!

The prices of video games vary by country. In China there is a lot more piracy, and people also have less money, so prices are going to be cheaper than here. Basic supply and demand. I know that at least at one point Xbox 360 games were considerably cheaper in Japan than here, because Microsoft was trying to build interest in the platform. You can think of it as akin to how Great Britain and the rest of Western Europe pay considerably more than we do for video games, except in reverse. Moreover, you also need to take into account exchange rates and the buying power of a currency in its home country versus those exchange rates. Anyways, my point is that it's perfectly reasonable to assume that a vendor in Hong Kong can make a profit selling these games cheaper than vendors do in the States.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Your avatar picture suits you well.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

But with that said, be gone, furry-avatar man!

So they claim that the 360 hard drive is an official MS refurbished drive. Anyone have any thoughts whether that's legit? I'm wary of hard drives from southeast Asia...

If it makes you feel any better, Microsoft does have repair centers in Asian territories. You could always contact them or check their eBay feedback, as I'm sure they've sold quite a few 360 HDDs.

I've been buying from them for like a year, bought easily 50+ games, it's the best asian store that I know. They had Demon's souls for $45 around february when it came out. Definately recommended!

[quote name='wetmayo']Does that LBP still come with modnation beta though?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but I'm sure there will be many other ways to get into it since Sony is very generous with their beta programs.

I'm sorry to ask this in this thread. But I hope its okay.
I've been checking out HKofferhouse for a while and I'm tempted to buy from them. But I'm just wondering if people have had problems with them?
And about how long it takes for your games to arrive?

Sorry again and thank you.

i just checked out the site and they have

LittleBigPlanet Game of The Year Edition - Asia Ver. (PS3) - 37.99

and

LittleBigPlanet - US. Version (PS3) - 29.79

So will the GOTY (Asia Ver.) have FULL ENGLISH as well?

Also, can someone clear this one up for me please? wording is kind of difficult to understand. i get that is has to do with sending paypal payment as "gifts", right? what else?

"We all item will mark as Gift , mark the value as low as we can (less than 5 items package we will mark the item as US$30 ) and write the item : Accessories . Customers also can request their item mark as USED item or other value "

[quote name='Yazuka'] But I'm just wondering if people have had problems with them?
And about how long it takes for your games to arrive?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='earvcunanan']
They sell on eBay as well, over 24,000 feedback at 99.2%:
http://myworld.ebay.com/offerhouse

I ordered the R&C: Quest For Booty (retail version) and Valkyria Chronicles (US) from them a week and a half ago, and got them in the mail last Saturday.[/QUOTE]

from their site:

***"We shall despitch the parcel in 1 ~ 2 working day after receiving the payment.
* Individual items are sent via the very reliable international airmail service by the Hong Kong Post Office. http://hongkongpost.com It normally takes 5 to 7 business days to arrive at most destinations worldwide, although there are variances which may go up to 2 ~ 3 weeks
"

[quote name='62t']It is in English, but you won't be able to buy from the US PSN store[/QUOTE]

i doubt i'll want new costumes er the other pack stuff. thanks!

[quote name='uhoh_evo']i just checked out the site and they have

LittleBigPlanet Game of The Year Edition - Asia Ver. (PS3) - 37.99

and

LittleBigPlanet - US. Version (PS3) - 29.79

So will the GOTY (Asia Ver.) have FULL ENGLISH as well?

Also, can someone clear this one up for me please? wording is kind of difficult to understand. i get that is has to do with sending paypal payment as "gifts", right? what else?

"We all item will mark as Gift , mark the value as low as we can (less than 5 items package we will mark the item as US$30 ) and write the item : Accessories . Customers also can request their item mark as USED item or other value "[/QUOTE]

You don't have to send paypal as a "gift", what they're saying is that they'll mark the package as a gift and declare value around $30, this is because in some countries the customs ask you to pay a percentage of the package's value.

They're completely safe, as I've said I've bought over 50 games from them, they usually take 15 days, but they ship on the same day with tracking number. You are covered by paypal if you don't feel safe. Also, they sell on ebay with a lot of feedback (search for "offerhouse").

uhoh_evo: Ah, I totally missed that. Thanks for the heads-up.
Ordered a us copy of Disgaea 3. =)

bread's done
Back