Cheapy & Wombat on Stern Show

Ditto on the thanks, Darkness.

$5,000 a minute for plugging CAG on Howard Stern. Not bad, not bad.

I'm sure Mrs. Cheapy will loving hearing the line "unfortunately I got married..." :roll:

Wow that's pretty cool, you can hear the excitement in Cheapy's voice :p

They were only on for that long? that kinda sucks :/

They were sticking around after their little interview and listening in the studio. Wombat was talking over Robin's News reports which then they basically told Wombat to stfu lol.

Please guys, PLEASE, if you plan on spending an hour on the next podcast talking about the Howard Strern experience, Please record a separate show for gaming.
If not, at least find a way to add "skip to next segment within the same podcast", like the Engadget podcast always does it.
I have no problem with Stern, but honestly, I listen to the podcast for gaming news.
That being said, I am very happy for you and the great exposure this gives to CAG.

[quote name='NDarkness']They were sticking around after their little interview and listening in the studio. Wombat was talking over Robin's News reports which then they basically told Wombat to stfu lol.[/QUOTE]

that was the best part!

rofl. Artie called Wombat a f** after the Archie question.

Poor Wombat, can't go anywhere without having his sexuality questioned.

I just finished listening to the entire show. Too bad you guys got to talk so little. Were you even in the Wrap Up show's studio?

Just being there would be great for any Stern fan. I know I would have loved it. You guys got to let us know which guys you talked to behind the scenes.

[quote name='NDarkness']They were sticking around after their little interview and listening in the studio. Wombat was talking over Robin's News reports which then they basically told Wombat to stfu lol.[/QUOTE]
I'm not surprised.

Was that clip posted all Cheapy got to say or did he get to talk more later?

I like how Cheapy is all giddy like a little schoolgirl and Wombat is all calm making random jokes like he is a guest at some random podcast.

[quote name='sunnysky']Please guys, PLEASE, if you plan on spending an hour on the next podcast talking about the Howard Strern experience, Please record a separate show for gaming.
If not, at least find a way to add "skip to next segment within the same podcast", like the Engadget podcast always does it.
I have no problem with Stern, but honestly, I listen to the podcast for gaming news.
That being said, I am very happy for you and the great exposure this gives to CAG.[/QUOTE]

You are listening to the wrong podcast, why would you even listen to the CAGcast for gaming news? They rarely get the facts right when talking about gaming.

Soo, I downloaded the full episode without ever listening to one before. The only Howard Stern stuff i'm come in contact with before is the show that used to be on E back in the day.

I can't believe how annoying the first 30 minutes of the show was. Listening to him trying to sound like Ted Kennedy for a full 30 minutes was painful. I'll listen to the rest, but if there's another long span of a Kennedy impression, I don't think i'm going to make it to the end.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Soo, I downloaded the full episode without ever listening to one before. The only Howard Stern stuff i'm come in contact with before is the show that used to be on E back in the day.

I can't believe how annoying the first 30 minutes of the show was. Listening to him trying to sound like Ted Kennedy for a full 30 minutes was painful. I'll listen to the rest, but if there's another long span of a Kennedy impression, I don't think i'm going to make it to the end.[/QUOTE]

For those of us without access to satelitte radio - Do you mind posting an .mp3 of the entire show? I think Cheapy and Wombat chimed in throughout the show as well.

[quote name='sunnysky']Please guys, PLEASE, if you plan on spending an hour on the next podcast talking about the Howard Strern experience, Please record a separate show for gaming.
That being said, I am very happy for you and the great exposure this gives to CAG.[/QUOTE]

You're listening device doesn't have the ability to fast forward? move out of the dark ages upgrade your stuff.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Soo, I downloaded the full episode without ever listening to one before. The only Howard Stern stuff i'm come in contact with before is the show that used to be on E back in the day.

I can't believe how annoying the first 30 minutes of the show was. Listening to him trying to sound like Ted Kennedy for a full 30 minutes was painful. I'll listen to the rest, but if there's another long span of a Kennedy impression, I don't think i'm going to make it to the end.[/QUOTE]

Than you wouldn't like Stern's show about 1 day a month. Whenever a Kennedy is mentioned, Howard usually goes into the Ted Kennedy voice. There was a lot more of it todaythan usual, but it is a regular thing he does. I guess I don't have strong feelings about it either way.

[quote name='FecesBreath']For those of us without access to satelitte radio - Do you mind posting an .mp3 of the entire show? I think Cheapy and Wombat chimed in throughout the show as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't have access to satellite radio either...I got it through other means :whistle2:#

[quote name='HERETOSTAY']You're listening device doesn't have the ability to fast forward? move out of the dark ages upgrade your stuff.[/QUOTE]

:)

I was thinking the same thing.

I want to hear all about their trip to the studio. Actually, maybe a seperate episode would be better. I don't want them to rush through it.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I don't have access to satellite radio either...I got it through other means :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I thought that went without saying. Post/PM me a link maybe?

Did you guys get any pics?!

Every afternoon I will check the show's site after listening that morning to see the pics of the show but today all they got is richard and sal half naked (aka normally dressed for them) and Geraldo(heh).

Cheapy and wombat, sadly, omitted :(

Wow.
Well seeing as though Cheapy makes more money than his wife (according to what he said on the stern show), I think it's very safe to say, that was a great $5,000 spent. You can't get that kind of advertisement that cheap. You're going to have an absolute ton of advertisers knocking on your doors now.
Not to mention we're going to see a ton of Newbie members on the site.

[quote name='sunnysky']
Not to mention we're going to see a ton of Newbie members on the site.[/QUOTE]

Really? you think there is that many people who are interested in gaming that have not heard of CAG and then of those people listen to howard stern.

I am guessing its pretty small but badass to see heard cheapyd & wombat on the air.

badass!

[quote name='Regian']rofl. Artie called Wombat a f** after the Archie question.

Poor Wombat, can't go anywhere without having his sexuality questioned.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have a clip of these?

[quote name='naiku']Really? you think there is that many people who are interested in gaming that have not heard of CAG and then of those people listen to howard stern.
badass![/QUOTE]

Yes I do.

From where I get my daily shows:

The Ghost Of Ted Kennedy Takes Over Howard Stern. 08/31/09. 6:00am
Howard's Vacation Discussed. 08/31/09. 6:25am
Phone Calls, Music Discussions And More. 08/31/09. 6:30am
Sal Interviews Harlem Residents About Ted Kennedy's Death. 08/31/09. 6:45am
''What Would You Do To Out Produce Gary'' Contest Update. 08/31/09. 6:50am
Bobo's Strange Behavior Discussed. 08/31/09. 7:05am
Kings Of Leon Clip Played. 08/31/09. 7:20am
Lisa G's Howard 100 News Preview. 08/31/09. 7:30am
Howard Reads NY Daily News Article. 08/31/09. 7:35am
Who Holds The Most Responsibility On The Show? 08/31/09. 7:45am
DJ AM Discussions. 08/31/09. 7:50am
Riley Martin Discussions. 08/31/09. 8:00am
Geraldo Rivera Visits. 08/31/09. 8:20am
Out Produce Gary Contest Entry Number 1 - Pat Priest. 08/31/09. 9:20am
Auction Winners David And Stewart Sit In. 08/31/09. 9:45am
Ted Harbert And Chelsea Handler Discussions. 08/31/09. 10:00am
Howard 100 News And Wrap Up Show Previews. 08/31/09. 10:05am
Robin's News. 08/31/09. 10:10am

What book were they talking about? Is it about getting laid in Tokyo, or getting laid anywhere (Japan, Canada, bathroom stalls, etc.)?

I've heard the opposite actually, its really hard to get laid in japan and if you do its like a marriage proposal. This makes sense counting Japan is considered a place were couples don't have a lot of sex.

I think you should have said CheapyD and Wombat -- then they would have been all over that for the whole show.

Not bad, and a plug. As usual, too much Cheapy and not enough Wombat. No, wait, that was not too much Cheapy. It was just not enough Wombat. Do they really keep his mic open for the rest of the show? Is there some good stuff Wombat says to annoy everyone? Someone post Youtube of that. I couldn't go to townload on that first mp3.

Sadly I share those feelings with Wombat, I hooked up with this chick because we talked for awhile about Power Rangers and Pokemon...heh sometimes girls wanna talk about lame stuff
Anyone else think Cheapy would be a little jealous that Wombat got more air time during the show? (well that I know of)

[quote name='SuxoR']I guess $10,000 is a trivial amount for that radio station, if somebody gave me that much to watch me do whatever I do I'd let them do it all :p[/QUOTE]

That money went to a charity...not into their pockets.

**edit** ooooo, I ninja quoted that SuxoR.

Thanks for posting those clips of Wombat from the news. I missed most of them because I had sort of given up on hearing anything else from Cheapy and Wombat at that point and had turned the volume down at work. I did hear Howard say "He was trying to get out of here" to Wombat and realized I had missed something.

It was nice you at least got a plug out so that was worth it. Unfortunately the listener-ship on satellite isn't what it was on terrestrial radio. I remember when anyone mentioned a website on the air back int he day the site was pretty much shut down immediately due to the traffic. Either way they still have alot of listeners and it must have been pretty awesome to meet everyone and hang in the studio.

I'll be interested in hearing you talk about everything on the next podcast.

EDIT - were you guys on during the wrap up show? I didn't hear any mention of it, but I can't say I paid much attention. For the most part the wrap up show is unlistenable. Way too much Sal and Richard.

This one (a link mentioned earlier in the thread) has all of 8-31 available to stream now, 12 parts total. Scroll down to the bottom in the player.

Might I humbly suggest my own gaming podcast then, as I think I can safely say ours focuses on gaming news more than the CAGCast? :D

Just wish I had the 5-digit audience the CAGCast does. Maybe someday, over the rainbow ...

bread's done
Back