Halo Wars $31 at Amazon

[quote name='wildnuts02']Nothing earth shattering but a decent price on a game that usually sells for $40. Plus you get the $5 MP3 credit.

LINK [/QUOTE]

Just saw this deal two days ago or so. I knew I should've posted it.... Anyways, if I LOVE Starcraft will I love this game too? I've been thinking about getting this for a long time.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']Just saw this deal two days ago or so. I knew I should've posted it.... Anyways, if I LOVE Starcraft will I love this game too? I've been thinking about getting this for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Halo Wars isn't all that great. Not a whole lot of variety; play the first couple levels and that is how the others are. Also, pretty short game and it isn't all that difficult most of the time.

Yet you play Batman: Arkham Asylum? :lol: Sorry, had to say it.

Anyway, I was thinking I am sure you can get it around or cheaper then that on eBay. This game sold well and many people were disappointed with it.

I had a great time with this game. It is simple to learn, but difficult to master.

The campaign is 15 mission, but if you play on legendary and do the secondary objectives, the games lasts a few weeks.

The online play is great. I bought the LE when it first came out and this game is worth every penny.

damn i bought this last month during gamestops b2g1 free for $33 used, and still didnt get around to playing it.

So in other words, this game pales in comparison to Starcraft or even Warcraft 2? Do you guys that are saying it's boring enjoy RTS games?

I enjoy RTS games and while this game certainly lacked the depth and overall strategy a PC RTS game has it does a VERY VERY good job at translating it to a console. I actually enjoyed this game more than Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3. I wish there was a bit more depth to the fun, but as far as a console RTS game goes this is the best there is as far as I've played.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I enjoy RTS games and while this game certainly lacked the depth and overall strategy a PC RTS game has it does a VERY VERY good job at translating it to a console. I actually enjoyed this game more than Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3. I wish there was a bit more depth to the fun, but as far as a console RTS game goes this is the best there is as far as I've played.[/QUOTE]

That's good enough for me.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Yet you play Batman: Arkham Asylum? :lol: Sorry, had to say it.

Anyway, I was thinking I am sure you can get it around or cheaper then that on eBay. This game sold well and many people were disappointed with it.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Are you saying Batman Arkham Asylum is boring? If so wow......

I love Red Alert for the pc but Halo Wars was just boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slickkill77']It was pretty boring to me
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yep pretty boring, First few times it was alright, then it got old too soon.

I work at Movie Gallery and we've had halo wars priced at 29.99 for atleast two weeks in our "game zone kiosk" locked display in middle of the store.

New game still sealed.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']So in other words, this game pales in comparison to Starcraft or even Warcraft 2? Do you guys that are saying it's boring enjoy RTS games?[/QUOTE]

I've just played the demo, but wasn't very impressed. I mean Ensemble is (was :( ) great, but this just seems like a dumbed down version of their games, that removes the part that's most fun (to me)-the "base" building, and replaces it just with combat that you're forced to do on the control pad.

It just made me think "I really need to break down and buy Age of Empires 3 already".

I mean it didn't seem bad, but yeah, from the demo a decent PC RTS would be better, let alone Starcraft.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Red Alert is crap on console. Halo wars is a better game in controls,graphics, and story.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that was directed at me, but I was refering to the pc version. I've never even played the console version. Console RTS's are annoying in general

Yeah, EA kept blathering about how they'd "solved" them, and I'd try them...and no. No they had not (and they looked ugly too).

This did seem a step above EAs stuff.

Honestly, I think the way to go on consoles is to totally rethink it. Like most people don't even think of it this way, but Pikmin is an RTS-it really is, but it's built around controlling a single character and manipulating things that way. Some other games since then have played with variants on that, and it can work, even if it can't give you the same experience.

But...I still want my Starcraft 2, thank you very much! I'm soooo excited about that game. Don't care about multiplayer at ALL, I just want the story, and it sounds like they're going a lot further in how all that works than the first one.

I got the LE with W@W on eBay for 55 bucks, sold the W@W because I already had a copy, and ultimately got the LE for 7 bucks. It was worth that, but I'll probably sell it because I don't play it very much. Fun game, but not the most exciting thing in the world.

bread's done
Back