Gamestop "The Deal" - Rock Revolution $4.99

[quote name='Ray Mon']Rock Revolution only $4.99

Offer vaild online only![/QUOTE]

Can we get as many as we want? And this is only for 360 right?

No cheeky its for all systems and Gamestop.com did not say there was a restriction to how many you can get.

Heard this is one of the worst music games ever made. Not even sure if that is worth even $4.99...depends on the flipping value.

Also, are you sure this is a Gamestop sale, not Gamecrazy?

[quote name='Ray Mon']No cheeky its for all systems and Gamestop.com did not say there was a restriction to how many you can get.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! I think this is a killer deal!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Heard this is one of the worst music games ever made. Not even sure if that is worth even $4.99...depends on the flipping value.

Also, are you sure this is a Gamestop sale, not Gamecrazy?[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are any flips. The glory days of $17 at BBV are long gone.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']:lol: OK, just making sure. Not a bad deal I suppose, but like I said how much can you flip these for?[/QUOTE]

This game sold very badly and no one really wants it. I was at a BB yesterday and they had about 20 of these for the 360 at $5. All of them were left over from the $10 sale in April they had. The game is worth $1 at amazon. Next time it may be beneficial if you just look up the answer to such a simple question on your own.

Haha, settle it down I was just asking for the benefit of everyone here including myself. Everyone who sees super cheap games thinks about flip value at some point or another.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Haha, settle it down I was just asking for the benefit of everyone here including myself. Everyone who sees super cheap games thinks about flip value at some point or another.[/QUOTE]

I've never flipped a game, or thought about it. Just sayin'

And especially not for a game like this. Go in pretty much any Best Buy and there should be a box of them up front for $4.99. They can't give these away.

[quote name='ackbar7']I kind of thought $5 was regular price for this at GS.[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought. They didn't have it new last I saw, but used was 4.99 (or 4.49).

[quote name='D. Monic']This game has been $5 for three weeks. Cheapy first posted this on August 8th.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233226&highlight=rock+revolution

It's really crappy of Gamestop to call it "The Deal" when this has been their regular price for a while now.[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, they might just be calling it a deal to try and get some copies off their hand. There's plenty of people out there who see something either A) cheap B) the word deal C) both and then proceed to buy it without thinking.

[quote name='daminion']It's $5 in BestBuy -- and not worth half that.[/QUOTE]
i saw it there for $5 as well for 360, DS and Ps3.

The game was bad, but its very amusing if you know the story.
Rock revolution is a Konami rip off of rock band, which is a "rip" off of guitar hero, which was a rip off of the japanese game Guitar Freaks... made by Konami.
So basically Konami started the whole genre in Japan and did great. they said US market wouldnt like it. everyone else capitalized. they join in at the end like Tito and get no credit.

[quote name='TheGlow']The game was bad, but its very amusing if you know the story.
Rock revolution is a Konami rip off of rock band, which is a "rip" off of guitar hero, which was a rip off of the japanese game Guitar Freaks... made by Konami.
So basically Konami started the whole genre in Japan and did great. they said US market wouldnt like it. everyone else capitalized. they join in at the end like Tito and get no credit.[/QUOTE]

That part's not exactly accurate, considering that Harmonix were the masterminds of Guitar Hero in the first place.

If I had to say something positive about Rock Revo, it would be this:

I kinda liked the drumming part of the game (and the drum set). ~runs and hides~

After playing GH and RB the viewing aspect of the note travel in this game is unsettling. Some of the weakest covers I've ever heard also inhabit this game.

I got it on deep clearance at Target, then got the bundle with drums on deep clearance at Hastings and gave a friend the copy of the game with the warning that it was "crappy with the smell of ass mixed in". He collects games anyways, so its safe in his hands.

This would be a hell of a deal if it came with all the instruments. That way you could throw away the game and use the instruments for Rock Band or Guitar Hero. :)

[quote name='mxpowar']This would be a hell of a deal if it came with all the instruments. That way you could throw away the game and use the instruments for Rock Band or Guitar Hero. :)[/QUOTE]
Check your local Kmart

[quote name='Rollett']But it tarnishs your collection, and causes the games around it to stink.[/QUOTE]

hahaha truth.

[quote name='cheeky']Can we get as many as we want?[/QUOTE]

Owning one copy is bad enough. Having multiples in your possession may cause cancer.

It's really not that bad, as long as you don't compare it to Rock Band or Guitar Hero, which everyone instinctively does. I honestly REALLY enjoyed it, I don't mind covers, and some of the challenges were an interesting change of pace.

So in other words, pull your head out of your ass and realize that not all games are the same as RB/GH and try to enjoy it.

Is this like the new Atari 2600 ET? I see tons of copies of this at just about every retailer.

And yes, Gamestop sucks for calling this "The Deal" when they've been selling this for the same price for weeks. Also, if you really want this check KMart. You can get the game/drum set package for $7 on clearance I believe. I passed...

[quote name='Cmosfm']It's really not that bad, as long as you don't compare it to Rock Band or Guitar Hero, which everyone instinctively does. I honestly REALLY enjoyed it, I don't mind covers, and some of the challenges were an interesting change of pace.

So in other words, pull your head out of your ass and realize that not all games are the same as RB/GH and try to enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

That's like saying we should play any generic FPS on the market because you would enjoy them *if* Halo, Gears of War, and Call of Duty never came along.

Time is valuable, so why spend it on an inferior game? But everyone is entitled to their own opinion I suppose.

I hope everyone who made this game got fired, then hired back just to be fired again.

When you are this late to the party (all the GH and RB games out) and get it this wrong something is very very wrong with you.

[quote name='Easy Reader']I'd rather play Yaris, TotemBall, or Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Yaris and Totemball don't deserve that.

[quote name='InFlames215']That's like saying we should play any generic FPS on the market because you would enjoy them *if* Halo, Gears of War, and Call of Duty never came along.

Time is valuable, so why spend it on an inferior game? But everyone is entitled to their own opinion I suppose.[/QUOTE]

No, but what I'm saying is that if you once you're done and bored with RB/GH this is another alternative if you love the music game genre. Now no, I'd never, ever, in a million years...EVER...recommend getting this OVER RB/GH, but if you're done with those and want another music game to play I'd say pick this up for 5 bucks.

bread's done
Back