Anyone use Linux?

SonicJ

CAGiversary!
Well Yeah, this is cheap ass gamer after all. If you want to save money , rather then pirating a copy of windows xp, does anyone use any flavour of linux? Right now on my Hp Pavilion Dv7 I have ubuntu 9.04 dual booting with windows Vista. I finally got EVERYTHING working in linux, the sound, wifi, bluetooth etc. Since the price of most (If not all linux distros) are around the cheap steep price of $Free, I was wondering if anyone else had used it.

i've been running it on and off for 5 yrs now and it finally feels easy enough to use for the masses. tools like gparted (instead of using fdisk), apt-get, and no longer having to manually configure lilo/grub are big steps forward imo. apt-get especially since not that many ppl like to configure && make their apps. my fiance currently runs kubuntu (only b/c i destroyed her vista partition on accident) relatively problem free. the only device that isn't working is the webcam (which we're not interested in using anyways).

i would love to see linux hit critical mass and thus have games widely available on linux and better device support. i'll likely get win7 for my next machine though just b/c gaming is easier on windows for the time being.

SAme for me, my provlem is with the webcam. If I wanted to use it, I would just boot into windows. I agree with the awesome changes in the recent years. I still have some old 4.07 disks that I had shipped to me when I jumped on linux, it wasnt easy.

bread's done
Back