So, who else is having the frozen Uncharted issue with 3.0?

Pyramid Head

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know I'm not the only one given the Kotaku article and the thread on NeoGAF. For me, the game freezes in Chapter 4, right after you
find your plane.
The big fight breaks out, they scream "THERE HE IS!" and I'm frozen upon taking cover. And then when I try to Continue after restarting, it freezes on the loading screen. I can actually go back to the beginning of the chapter, but whenever I get up to that one point, it freezes.

This after the Slim PS3 I pre-ordered from BestBuy.com had a busted blu-ray drive. Yeehaw.

Are there any other games this happens to. So far I heard about it happening only uncharted. i'm sure they'll come up with a fix soon since people new to the ps3 will probably want to play uncharted before starting uncharted 2.

glad i already beat it.

I'm not. In fact, I just achieved my Platinum trophy yesterday in Uncharted and played through the last 6 chapters or so, without a hitch. So I found it weird when I read that people are having problems with it.

I hope this doesn't happen to me as I was hoping to finish my crushing playthrough ( only on lvl 3) before number 2 comes out.

I just plat'd this baby the past weekend. I finished the game FOUR times (Easy, Normal, Hard and Crushing, I didn't know the trophies stack until i beat it on Hard). Countless hours... Took me 12 hours to beat Crushing (actually, it's not that hard at all after Chapter 4 :lol:) Anyway, yeah, i do experience FREEZE issues, a number of times actually... I hated it when it happens, but what can you do eh? Reset and restart :( This happened to me on both the original 60gb and Gunmetal PS3.

[quote name='robpe36']I'm not. In fact, I just achieved my Platinum trophy yesterday in Uncharted and played through the last 6 chapters or so, without a hitch. So I found it weird when I read that people are having problems with it.[/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with very specific actions/locations... I was able to replicate the freezing problem two times in a row at the part where you're given the hand grenades and can do the hang on the ledge and toss grenades for the first time (you have to shoot the lock to pop open the gate and two badies are hiding in covers). I played so much that i know where's the location to go before the 2nd wave of badies and how many of them are aggressors...

[quote name='Hockey37']I was playing the demo and had it freeze on me. Haven't tried to play it again since.[/QUOTE]

Err, that's a little hard to believe... Maybe the hdd hit a random glitch or perhaps you were downloading stuff in the background? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but the disc version definitely have freezing issues.

Not me. I finished the game two days ago and played it again and had no problems. Hell it froze on the older firmware rather than 3.0. Now my friend and I were playing Rock Band online and our guitar charts froze for a second on two songs. The third song played fine. We dont know if it was lag or an actual problem with the firmware.

Also I was at that exact part with the crashed plane. No freezing here.

I actually played that part last night and made it a little further in the game and I haven't ran into any freezing yet. Hopefully I can make it the rest of the way without too many problems :pray:

I recently bought the game about 3 days after the patch came out, and i played through it in about 3-4 days with no problems at all.

It froze on me in the beginning of chapter 4. I was just walking to the next destination and it froze. I was only playing to see if it would freeze, so I wasn't going to go through any more freezing trouble after the first time it happened. Shame that I was having lots of fun though... I forgot about the freezing until it happened.

It froze on me at that part also. I was able to shut it down restart it and made it past that chapter. Played a little Batman AA noticed some screen slowdown durring the opening cinematic. Turned on my PS3 this morning got the Red Screen fatal error. Going to send in my PS3 to Sony when i get the box. I had bought my PS3 new in May, :(

Mine just froze three times during the opening part of Chapter 3. Hope we get a fix soon.

Mine freezes constantly in the very first chapter 3 seconds after I get control of my character. I haven't been able to play the game at all. Hurry the hell up, Sony. This is ridiculous.

Mine freezes in chapter 2 after you get through the part where the staging falls. Right when the sidekick says "ahhhh, now we're getting somewhere."

I rebuilt the PS3 database and was able to play farther but after 15 minutes it froze again. I'd love an official announcement on a patch.

My game freezes on every other chapter. It does it right before a cut scene, so fortunately after I restart the PS3 I start from the cut scene, but the audio and is out of sync. As soon as the cut scene is over, everything is back to normal for another chapter. Weird.

At the beginning of chapter 2 as soon as you get control it freezes. Ive tried resetting 3 times but nothing. I just recently got a PS3 slim (my first) and I beat AA so I picked up Uncharted. I expected to play one of the better games on the system, but now all I get to do is watch 15 minutes of cutscenes.

[quote name='stk i wvu']At the beginning of chapter 2 as soon as you get control it freezes. Ive tried resetting 3 times but nothing. I just recently got a PS3 slim (my first) and I beat AA so I picked up Uncharted. I expected to play one of the better games on the system, but now all I get to do is watch 15 minutes of cutscenes.[/QUOTE]

Turn off/don't accept Auto-save at the beginning of the game. Just remember to save manually before quitting.

I just started playing Uncharted after downloading 3.0 and I have had about 5 freezes occur, but I was able to restart my ps3 and continue playing each time. It seems to randomly occur at checkpoints but I haven't had any for the past 4 or 5 chapters. I honestly thought the game just had a lot of glitches until I saw this thread. It's still an awesome game though, I just started chapter 15 :).

Uncharted froze 2 times for me, good thing the game saves automatically though but the stupid freezing might break the ps3.

fuck. i just upgraded my firmware to 3.0 yesterday, and i want to play uncharted next week. anyone able to get around the freezes? or are they game-breaking?

Some people don't experience them.

Some people get hit with them, and can reboot a couple of times and play past them till they get hit again.

And still others can no longer play the game past a certain point when they get freezes.

Roll the dice.
Sony, get off your ass. This is embarrassing.

3.1 up and going. says its a fix on playstation.com. mine would freeze after about 5-10 minutes of play, so luckily i got past to a point where it stopped freezing for awhile. also had massive issues with warhawk (wont load past the copyright screens) anyone else having issues with that?

After reading this yesterday, i went home and started a new game.
Played up to chapter 5 without a single freeze issue. I hadn't played the game in quite some time, so it prompted me to download a software update for Uncharted, v1.7 or something? Could that have anything to do with it? Patching the game after the system update?

I forgot how much i enjoyed this game and really looking forward to 2.

bread's done
Back