Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Welcome to the beginning of the college football season. :applause: I can't believe its already starting tonight. After having a slight withdraw from lack of Olympics, college football will definitely fill the missed void in my life. :D Anyone watching the game tonight on ESPN?

Here's the current preseason AP poll with SEC on top.

AP Top 25 1. Georgia (22) 0-0 1,528 2. Ohio State (21) 0-0 1,506 3. USC (12) 0-0 1,490 4. Oklahoma (4) 0-0 1,444 5. Florida (6) 0-0 1,415 6. Missouri 0-0 1,266 7. LSU 0-0 1,135 8. West Virginia 0-0 1,116 9. Clemson 0-0 1,10510. Auburn 0-0 96811. Texas 0-0 96612. Texas Tech 0-0 78613. Wisconsin 0-0 77114. Kansas 0-0 70715. Arizona State 0-0 63116. Brigham Young 0-0 59017. Virginia Tech 0-0 57818. Tennessee 0-0 50919. South Florida 0-0 49620. Illinois 0-0 48321. Oregon 0-0 36622. Penn State 0-0 29323. Wake Forest 0-0 22724. Alabama 0-0 8925. Pittsburgh 0-0 85

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='billyrox']Here's the current preseason AP poll with SEC on top.[/QUOTE]

As it should be. War Damn Eagle. ;)

While I am an Auburn fan, I must admit am looking forward to the Alabama vs. Clemson and Florida vs. Hawaii games this weekend. Interesting match ups to kick-off the start of the football season.

If OSU miraculously finds their way to the Championship, plays an SEC team and loses for a 3rd time in a row. I will stop watching college football forever.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

Tune up this week with Villanova but gets tougher next week with a trip to East Carolina and a trip to Colorado after that.

Oh, and the Hokies suck and Auburn is going down on Oct. 23rd! :D

I absolutely despise college football because our piece of shit coach makes 1.5 million a year when our best-in-the-nation school president only makes 650,000. At UW, Huskies.

[quote name='specialk']Woot! Vandy won...5 more to bowl eligibility...but a tough SEC schedule ahead....[/quote]

Are you from Vanderbilt? or from the Nashville area?

[quote name='dmaul1114']

Oh, and the Hokies suck!......[/QUOTE]

And indeed they do!

East Carolina 27- VT 22.

Great to see as a WVU fan, both to see the Hokies lose and our opponent next week get a nice win that will help our SoS if we can take care of business.

Good day so far as a WVU fan. VT Loses. Pitt loses at home to Bowling Green.

WVU offense looks great in beating Villanova 48-21. 5 TD passes for Pat White, who had 14 all of last year. Throw the ball 10-12 more than we ran it which was unheard of under Rodriguez the past few years. Defense was awful though giving up 21 points and 400 yards to fucking Villanova, that will have to improve for road games at East Carolina next week and Colorado the week after.

Day will be complete of Utah can hold on and give Rodriguez a loss in his first game in the big house!

EDIT: And Michigan does go down! So in all a good day!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see Mizzou have a great season this year. Any time Texas or Oklahoma isn't the Big 12 champion, it's a good year.

[quote name='ph33r m3']ASU>>>Any other team in the NCAA

This year is our year![/QUOTE]

And when do you guys play UGA?

[quote name='munch']And when do you guys play UGA?[/quote]

Sept 15th?

Can't wait.....Tempe was jumpin' vs NAU....vs Georgia is going to be the biggest thing ever....

fuck GEORGIA

[quote name='ph33r m3']Sept 15th?

Can't wait.....Tempe was jumpin' vs NAU....vs Georgia is going to be the biggest thing ever....

fuck GEORGIA[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They are going to roll all over you guys. Everyone knows that the PAC 10 is a one team conference.

[quote name='munch']:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They are going to roll all over you guys. Everyone knows that the PAC 10 is a one team conference.[/quote]

And your SEC shit ain't either?

Cmon now bro....the only team anyone's afraid of is Georgia....

Auburn....Florida....utter jokes.

[quote name='ph33r m3']And your SEC shit ain't either?

Auburn....Florida....utter jokes.[/quote]
Pac 10 sucks (although I do like a few teams, mainly Arizona).

Scumdevils suck.

Big XII is the best conference this year.

[quote name='ph33r m3']And your SEC shit ain't either?

Auburn....Florida....utter jokes.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Even though my Illini lost, they sure showed some great effort and rallied back to at least keep the game competitive. If Juice can just get a little more touch and softness on some of his passes, it will be a great year for the passing game.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Michigan played like total shit. We should bulldoze them come Nov. 22nd.[/QUOTE]

It will be a long year for Michigan. Rodriguez went 3-8 at his first year at WVU. His spread doesn't work if he doesn't have his type of players.

[quote name='munch']Seriously? You have no idea what you're talking about.[/quote]

Just mad because nobody fears the Tigers....boo hoo.

Write a book about it.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Just mad because nobody fears the Tigers....boo hoo.

Write a book about it.[/quote]
Wow, I am going to laugh so hard when ASU gets pounded in the ass by every decent team they play.

[quote name='naes']Wow, I am going to laugh so hard when ASU gets pounded in the ass by every decent team they play.[/quote]

Yawn......call me when something interesting happens in the Big 12....

[quote name='ph33r m3']Yawn......call me when something interesting happens in the Big 12....[/quote]
Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Texas Tech, Kansas all in the top 15? Wow. What does the Pac 10 have? USC?

[quote name='ph33r m3']Just mad because nobody fears the Tigers....boo hoo.

Write a book about it.[/QUOTE]

4 SEC teams in the top 10? The SEC has always been one of the top performing conferences, consistently has multiple teams ranked high in the polls, not to mention typically the most first round picks. Auburn and Florida have their problems but are usually very consistent in play. I don't see many other conferences where teams are able to play fairly consistently throughout the years.

Auburn's offense was fairly poor from the brief stints I saw, but thankfully the defense was top notch. Hopefully, the offense will start to play a little cleaner once we reach our SEC opponents.

Auburn stunk it up again today, playing not so great on Offense. I hate how Tuberville thinks a 14 point lead means we're up by 35. Ridiculous.

yeah, that was bull. he was just happy he got a freakin touchdown in the last 4 seconds. that was ridiculous.

secondly, it looks like vandy might be pretty good this year after their game on thursday.

Jake Locker is the best QB on the West Coast....

ASU killed Stanford.....I was suprised...game was crazy....fuckin' refs kept callin' b.s. pass interference penalties...

[quote name='naes']Wow, ECU beat WVU.[/QUOTE]

:(

Glad I was helping my girlfriend paint instead of watching that debacle.

Good lord is it going to be another 3 win season for my Irish? Seriously, it took a 4th quarter comeback to squeak one out against San Diego State? Yuck!:whistle2:&

[quote name='munch']Auburn stunk it up again today, playing not so great on Offense. I hate how Tuberville thinks a 14 point lead means we're up by 35. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I like how Todd looked however, I just hope he keeps it up now that we're going into SEC play. And I hope the receivers learn to hold onto a ball next week, or we can't expect our defense to win us games every week.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I like how Todd looked however, I just hope he keeps it up now that we're going into SEC play. And I hope the receivers learn to hold onto a ball next week, or we can't expect our defense to win us games every week.[/QUOTE]

The receivers weren't the problem this week, it was the backs. Both Lester and Tate fumbled inside the 10 yard line.

I think the spread is going to get us in trouble. I'm just not sold on it yet. A team that has speed on defense is going to be able to shut it down. LSU comes to mind, as does UGA.

bread's done
Back