- - - - -

Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

#31 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

Well I had just 4 in my recommendations for quite awhile, ffxiii, versus, brutal legend and demon's souls special edition. Like I said, xiii finally popped up, but that's it so far. Haven't tweaked much for awhile until just last night, things can't really get worse but it sure wasn't good either. I'm just surprised that after actually buying batman and a controller, as well as a few extra pre-orders and one I'm keeping of versus, that nothing is showing up really.

#32 snives   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:51 PM

Wii
9/8/09 - New Super Mario Bros.
9/8/09 - Metroid Prime Trilogy

PS3
9/8/09 - Infamous

#33 reddjoey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3227 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:17 AM

Posted Image Lost Odyssey (why??)

Posted Image Scribblenaughts (too bad I sold my DS)
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#34 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:22 AM

Well I had just 4 in my recommendations for quite awhile, ffxiii, versus, brutal legend and demon's souls special edition. Like I said, xiii finally popped up, but that's it so far. Haven't tweaked much for awhile until just last night, things can't really get worse but it sure wasn't good either. I'm just surprised that after actually buying batman and a controller, as well as a few extra pre-orders and one I'm keeping of versus, that nothing is showing up really.

Since we're both targeting XIII (Japanese release date is 12/17, so we'll get it next summer!) the five games I'm refreshing daily, which are purchases, are Final Fantasy Versus XIII, God of War: Collection, Heavy Rain, The Last Guardian, and God of War III. Oddly enough, I was working on trying to get this one (which I'm just pre-ordering in case there's no CE) and got GoW: Collection yesterday.

Good luck friend!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#35 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:12 AM

Since we're both targeting XIII (Japanese release date is 12/17, so we'll get it next summer!)

Optimistic ;)

Oh and for "refreshing", do you go through the own/rated lists, uncheck them all and then recheck?

#36 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

Oh and for "refreshing", do you go through the own/rated lists, uncheck them all and then recheck?

For items I don't actually own, yes. I make sure they've updated in Amazon's DB first before adding them again, though. I think for all owned items it can take a couple minutes to refresh, but it may or may not make a difference. I just play it safe.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#37 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:57 AM

These I got in the Spring, canceled when I got ECA about a month ago and haven't seen again :(

Honestly, you should have just emailed them about your order (one at a time) and told them you had a promotional code to add to the order. I've had no trouble with amazon in getting them to add promotional codes after the fact. (The system just cannot handle it on your end of things. Note: I am an amazon prime member.)

Everyone else, thanks for answering my questions. :)

#38 craven_fiend   It Gives You Wings CAGiversary!   9144 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

craven_fiend

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

So today I got the following (not already on the list)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky
Fossil Fighters

I think I'll preorder my other game, Phantasy Star 0
Posted Image

#39 gpthree   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Today I have:

Wii - Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga
Xbox 360 - Magna Carta 2

I've gotten Forza 3 a couple weeks ago and i'm kicking myself for not preordering it then.

#40 namster1337   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

namster1337

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Phew, updated. Thanks for the submissions guys, but I'm quickly running into a dilemma. As the list grows, I can see how it could quickly get out of hand and be cumbersome to navigate through. I'm carefully examining ways to slim down the list without playing favorites. Some options are to separate them into released and coming soon, or simply drop released games off the list.

The original focus was to help people identify what games they could shoot for using the FAQ and that generally means pre-orders. Since we cheap-asses tend to look for deals post-release, I'm thinking it would just be counter-productive to include anything past a week or so. Any suggestions?

So do you want us only to post quick picks of pre-orders? Sorry, I'm not really understanding :X

#41 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

So do you want us only to post quick picks of pre-orders? Sorry, I'm not really understanding :X

I was really hoping for some feedback or better ideas to improve the list. I don't want it to become a popularity contest, but at the same time it becomes less useful if it's just a release list. For now, I'll just keep updating it with whatever you guys find.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#42 dvdactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

dvdactor

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

Honestly, you should have just emailed them about your order (one at a time) and told them you had a promotional code to add to the order. I've had no trouble with amazon in getting them to add promotional codes after the fact. (The system just cannot handle it on your end of things. Note: I am an amazon prime member.)

Everyone else, thanks for answering my questions. :)

I tried. I had Halo ODST when it was locked it at $55.99 plus the 5% gold box. I e-mailed them, they told me they couldn't do it. I called them, they once again said they couldn't do it. Then I e-mailed them another time and still told me no. After that, I cancelled the orders. This was also after they screwed up Madden for me. I e-mailed them about ECA for Madden which I had pre-ordered from my Gold Box and they did a price drop of only 10%, negating my 5% from Gold Box and not making it compatible with the price drop they did right before the game released. With those two poor experiences right in row, I cancelled to re-get them. I got a few back, some I never got (Marvel, which I ended up just ordering it anyway recently).

#43 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:56 PM

Blah, got NHL 10 for PS3 in my picks today. Funny thing is, my recommendations page couldn't explain why it was in there. Said something like 'is based off something no longer in our catalog'. Guess it's time to shake up my ratings and see what falls out tomorrow!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#44 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Uncharted 2, again. Dear god I hate this game so much right now just because of all the titles I'm going to buy that COULD be showing up instead of this one.

#45 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:21 PM

Uncharted 2, again. Dear god I hate this game so much right now just because of all the titles I'm going to buy that COULD be showing up instead of this one.

Lol, what are you trying to get? Mark Uncharted 2 as not interested or own/rate it so it can't show up anymore.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#46 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:28 PM

Lol, what are you trying to get? Mark Uncharted 2 as not interested or own/rate it so it can't show up anymore.

Trying for Brutal Legend, Demon's souls CE, Assassin's Creed II(though I've been reading no one has had luck with this) and FFXIII. And you know, I wanted to check that BEFORE I wrote this I was absolutely sure and it is marked not interested. Number 73 on my not interested list, bah. Guess I can mark it as owned...

#47 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

Trying for Brutal Legend, Demon's souls CE, Assassin's Creed II(though I've been reading no one has had luck with this) and FFXIII. And you know, I wanted to check that BEFORE I wrote this I was absolutely sure and it is marked not interested. Number 73 on my not interested list, bah. Guess I can mark it as owned...

Haha, they just really want you to buy U2. ;)

Brutal Legend and ACII are for sure not showing up yet, so don't sweat those. FFXIII appears to either be rare, or they took it off the list since I don't see it's name being thrown around anymore (and I can't get it either). In fact, that may be the case for Demon's Souls CE as well, since not many people have got that one lately. I actually had no interest in DS until it started getting some good reviews, but I'm waiting on a Black Friday deal to bite. Same for Brutal Legend since it's going to bomb and be a sleeper hit.

My crystal ball tells me so.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#48 Afflicted   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   996 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Afflicted

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

Great thread... I was seriously debating doing this all last week but never go around to it... :)

Quick pick for today : :ps3: Gran Turismo 5

Anyway looked like you were asking for suggestions earlier... I think keep prereleases and maybe up to 2 months after release and maybe AAA titles... would keep the list from getting out of hand... if ya wanted a more active approach maybe drop a title off the list if noone has seen it in 1 month... could track more closely with what is currently showing up.

#49 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

I'm wary of waiting till black friday for deals and then having them sell out or something though. Decisions decisions. Though with that info I'll try adding some more games, I guess I'm buying bioshock 2 as well, might as well get that in my lists as well as anything else I'm remotely interested in. I tried that for awhile and when I finally got like 3 games(that weren't even in my recs), I scaled back to just these few.

#50 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:15 AM

I'm wary of waiting till black friday for deals and then having them sell out or something though. Decisions decisions. Though with that info I'll try adding some more games, I guess I'm buying bioshock 2 as well, might as well get that in my lists as well as anything else I'm remotely interested in. I tried that for awhile and when I finally got like 3 games(that weren't even in my recs), I scaled back to just these few.

Word, let me know if you do get Bio-Shock because I've been trying to get the PC version to show up for a while now.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#51 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:24 AM

Anyway looked like you were asking for suggestions earlier... I think keep prereleases and maybe up to 2 months after release and maybe AAA titles... would keep the list from getting out of hand... if ya wanted a more active approach maybe drop a title off the list if noone has seen it in 1 month... could track more closely with what is currently showing up.

Yeah, that's the original idea behind keeping a date added column, so that I can easily see how old stuff is. I think I have a good plan now, in which games can go MIA after a month of not being listed by a member here. I'll drop those games to my second post, so that they will be lost but not forgotten. Not only will this help keep the thread healthy with constant activity, but also keep the list informative and accurate.

Thanks for ideas!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#52 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10816 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:54 AM

With pre-orders this will lock in the discount amount even if it drops lower, so it's in your best interest to try and catch it at a higher price.

This part is actually not true. The 5 percent discount is locked in, but not the dollar amount. It used to work that way, but it changed a while back. If you preorder something for $50.00, the Quick Picks discount will be $2.50, but if the item price then drops to $40.00, the discount will drop to $2.00.

Ryuukishi634.png

#53 Arakias   Inferior Potassium CAGiversary!   3627 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:03 AM

My goldbox picks have been nonexistant for 2-3 days in a row previously and I think longer right now.

#54 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:57 AM

This part is actually not true. The 5 percent discount is locked in, but not the dollar amount. It used to work that way, but it changed a while back. If you preorder something for $50.00, the Quick Picks discount will be $2.50, but if the item price then drops to $40.00, the discount will drop to $2.00.

How bizarre, it works for dollar amount with ECA. I'll make the change, thanks.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#55 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6260 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

Got one new one yesterday & one repeat (that I forgot to mention earlier & I don't think is listed), both PS3:

Brink
Katamari Forever

EDIT: I just noticed Shadow Complex in my recommendations, which reminded me it was in my Quick Picks once before.

Edited by argyle, 10 September 2009 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image

#56 BlueLobstah   Do you...want my carrots? CAGiversary!   2934 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

BlueLobstah

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

I have a pretty decently sized quick pick selection, just nothing that I'm looking for. I guess since you're posting dates now, even though I have a lot of duplicates I'll post mine for today:

Spoiler

For what it's worth, I also had The Art of Street Fighter collection.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#57 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   12014 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

I have a pretty decently sized quick pick selection, just nothing that I'm looking for. I guess since you're posting dates now, even though I have a lot of duplicates I'll post mine for today:

Spoiler

For what it's worth, I also had The Art of Street Fighter collection.

Man, the most I've ever had was three in one day, but eight is ridiculous! Thanks for the update, mate. Mine haven't refreshed for the day yet, so hopefully I get something on my recommendations list.

Got one new one yesterday & one repeat (that I forgot to mention earlier & I don't think is listed), both PS3:

Brink
Katamari Forever

EDIT: I just noticed Shadow Complex in my recommendations, which reminded me it was in my Quick Picks once before.

Added, thanks!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#58 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

I just ordered brutal legend and demon's souls, screw quick picks =P

Got heavy rain today, along with a beatles album and a "flowering tea set"....

1/3 beats most of my days though. On the fence about this game so I'll just throw up a pre-order with eca and see how it turns out.

#59 dvdactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

dvdactor

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

New one today,

X360 - Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Between the 5% Quick Pick, 10% ECA, recent price drop from 36.99 to 34.99 and the $5 GC that comes with pre-order, I'm getting this at a real nice price.

#60 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

Between the 5% Quick Pick, 10% ECA, recent price drop from 36.99 to 34.99 and the $5 GC that comes with pre-order, I'm getting this at a real nice price.

Yeah, makes me wonder why I did DD on the first one...

I got Heavy Rain, which I had canceled, today so that confirms the you can delete a preorder and still get the same item in your Gold Box sometime later... Which has me wondering if I should cancel all of my preorders (minus MW2) that are coming out after ODST. (I'll probably wait a day or two... I'm trying like hell to get Alpha Protocol for the 360.)

Which, brings up my next question... If you check uninterested on one of the platforms (in the case Alpha Protocol for the PS3) will Amazon still try to tempt you with the 360 version or are you shooting yourself in the foot?

Edit: I also got Metal Gear Solid Rising for the 360 and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time for the PS3 today. (Not sure about MGSR so I preordered it and passed on Ratchet and Clank... I've never played them, I'm positive its my loss but considering what's coming out soon it will be cheaper before I even get a chance to get to it.)