Finders Records: Amazing 39.99 dollar pre-orders!

Pinnacle

CAGiversary!
I just pre-ordered Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 and Alpha Protocol for 39.99 each. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is for 45 bucks.

Just type the name of the game you want to search for in the search box called "title".

This little music site is apparently getting into videogames. I found them during a google search for the best price on Dragon age.

I am originally from BG (location of one of 2 stores) Theyhave always been great for me. They would special order cds from other countries for me and never let me down once.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Do they sell the prestige edition of MW2?[/QUOTE]

Yeah for $129.97

Anybody know what shipping is?

Nice deals, but there has to be some catch here you would think. A game that isn't even out yet for $20.00 off MSRP? Where is this place based out of/where do they get theie stock? These games could end up being bootlegs from Thailand.

[quote name='oyla10']Anybody know what shipping is?[/QUOTE]
Seems to be $3.49 + $1.50 for each extra item.

$46 for uncharted 2. hmm, i dunno about this, great prices but ive never heard of this site, i think i will wait till i hear so peoples experiances with them

I'd wait to get confirmation from someone who personally got the deal to go through. I pre-ordered a game from a website a long time ago and the site got shut down and they tried to stick me with the charges but I disputed the charge and won. The game never arrived to me and it was never shipped and they just got up and left without a notice.

Wonder where they get their pricing scheme. Why are some $45.97 and some $39.99?

I'm kind of cautious about this though.

Though I have not ordered anything from the website, I have a brick and mortar Finders store near by me, I special ordered an item from them, pretty low price for a rare item, it came in, I picked it up, really smooth transaction. They have been around for a while now, i think at least 7 or 8 years. So take that as you will.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough but there doesn't seem to be a Paypal payment option.

hmm, seems too good to be true.

hopefully someone can prove me wrong!

Someone should buy a rock band beatles for $45.xx and see if they follow through with it this week

Wow, they allow pre-order of Aliens VS Predator for 39.95 when Amazon.com has the pre-ordering price for it at 59.99? Is this even possible? :D

'Ps3' and 'Xbox 360' are the Artist names you should enter to see the video game offers they have for those 2 consoles BTW.

I have to wonder if they have these deals in store. I live near one of the Finders stores and will try and go in this week and look.

I just pre-ordered NFS Shift and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 from there. It was $90.00, I'll let you all know how things turn out....

PSN- Lopros

i just ordered a george harrison rock band guitar for $20 off. the actual game is out of stock so they must have had it up for awhile. if it was a pricing mistake they probably would have caught it by now. crossing my fingers though, it says it ships on the 8th. it's media mail which is really slow, but if it gets here at that price i'll be more than willing to wait a few extra days.

1)Can we pay via PayPal?
2)Are pre-orders charged immediately or only once shipped?
3)And Tax. Anyone been charged tax?

These are 3 questions I'd like answered before I tell them my credit card info.

This site is BS. The only current releases they have listed (and there are only a handful) are all backordered, they also list every upcoming game under the sun.

How does a relatively unheard of company that sells overpriced DVDs afford to get into gaming with a selection that beats every other reputable retailer?

They're gauging interest on whether they should get into video games using pre-order and cart data mining. Expect all these games to immediately hit "backorder" status on their release date, then if they decide to go for it they'll pick a select few of the most popular titles and relist them at MSRP.

EDIT: Nevermind, they do actually have a few titles in stock like Terminator Salvation and Bionic Commando for $45.97, classic bait and switch.

Guys, they have pictures on their site of their B&M store, with contact information. Pricing errors? Maybe. Scam? Probably not. Best of luck either way to those that ordered.

[quote name='ZCG']1)Can we pay via PayPal?
2)Are pre-orders charged immediately or only once shipped?
3)And Tax. Anyone been charged tax?

These are 3 questions I'd like answered before I tell them my credit card info.[/QUOTE]

Just so you guys know you can go on paypal if you have a paypal debit card and generate a secure one time use card number for online shopping. I use this feature all the time for sites like this. I don't know if you can do that on paypal if you don't have their debit card though. Once you log in it will say "paypal plug-in" on the right, click that to get a card number. Anyhow, I doubt anyone will receive these games at these prices.

They have "Prototype" for 45.97. Thats not too bad of a deal in my n00b opinion. I guess its all a wait and see. Seeing COD MW 2 at that same price has got to make a person wonder.

Their whole thing is really about records and CDs. Its possible they just don't know enough about games for proper pricing? Frankly, I think these prices look like wholesale prices. I bet its just a pricing error.

An idea.... Why don't you guys try using this site to get these games price matched at Best Buy since you're iffy about using the site. =)

although you're better off doing the B1G1HO deal at best buy online preordered for uncharted 2 and MW2... if you have a ps3 =)

Guys I was shopping there in 1992 at one of the B&M stores in Bowling Green Ohio. They service a college town and have wait lists there to work. They are wonderful. Cant say anything bout the not in stock thing but obviously pre orders would not be in stock. If you do not want to use them so be it, but like i said earlier they have ordered me stuff and it always came in minty fresh and they were legit releases from Germany, England and of course the USA. They would be able to get things from indy labels for me too.

Well, I just ordered R&C: CiT from them at 45 dollars, I'll let you know in October how it goes.

I used Google Checkout

Looks like they have some good deals on pre-order records, too; preorders for the new Pains of Being Pure at Heart LP and cd are $7 and the new Mission of Bruma LP is $15 instead of the usual $25...very tempting. The real problem is that their shipping options suck; media mail? seriously?

Finder's has a fantastic reputation. I live in NJ and have never been near one of their stores but have definitely heard of them before.

They do charge the full price right away...Ouch! Well, that definitely changes things for me.

I was about to pre-order 2 or 3 games, but I can't afford to do that if they take all my money up front.

Nobody has mentioned if this place charges tax. Anyone know?

^^^

Bootlegs as I suggested. I cannot imagine anyway that these games are so cheap. Everyone here probably does know that retailers do not set gaming prices, the publisher does. That's why every game is $59.99, and when something goes on sale (say, $5.00 off) the deal cycles from store to store (Best Buy has it first, then Target etc.)

Unless they are getting games not directly from the publisher (aka, bootleg) they are not able to set their own prices.

What do you expect for a game that is $20.00 off retail? Honestly, as long as the games were not Thailand versions with the entire game being spoken in a different language or something like that, I wouldn't mind it. I mean, I don't really don't need a factory sealed, made in the US of A and kissed by the President to be happy with my game. As long as the disc is normal and it plays like a normal game, I am fine.

^ I disagree 100%. My shit better be official, or I'm suing somebody. I was sent a Spanish version of Too Human and prompty got rid of that bull shit.

This is what it states on their website under "Product status of availiblity": "We will not complete the charge on your credit card until that specific product item on your order has been shipped."

I'd shoot customer service an email. Then ask them if these are bootleg copies while you're at it.

P.S. Can you even burn a game to DVD-A? To my knowledge thats only for recording Hi-Def audio

Wow guys, why dont you wait for someone who ordered something from them, to see if what they got is legit and stuff. You guys aren't even giving them a chance, you're just sprouting off how illegal everything is.

It could be possible they are entering the video game business, and are merely doing this to attract business at first. Plus there are other legit sites such as bestsku.com that has pre-orders this cheap (granted not the same big selection) but it's still there. Why don't we just wait and see here.

Also the DVD-A thing is probably just because they haven't had the time to enter Blu-Ray into their database, or no one knows how and they are waiting for a person who has knowledge of databases to do it for them. So it's just there for now.

bread's done
Back