Does the PS3 GH5 guitar work on PS2?

Abalistar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
So I got the PS3 Guitar Hero 5 bundle, and when I pull the guitar out and such, I notice on the USB dongle it says PS2 and PS3... Then I looked in the instructions and it shows the dongle going into a PS2 as well... So I try plugging it into my PS2 for GH/2/3, but it doesn't pick it up. It works just dandy on the PS3 though.

Anyone know how the fuck to get it to detect the guitar?

I'm going to assume the GH5 guitar doesn't work on the PS2. The GH guitars on PS2 didn't use USB, they used receivers that plugged into the controller slots. The RB guitars used USB, so were compatible with the PS2 and PS3.

Yeah, I got a response from customer service saying they don't.

So now the real question is. Why the fuck does it say it's compatible with the PS2 on both the dongle AND the guitar?

I gotta find me a guitar that's compatible for both systems and both series now.

Check out this

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility

Don't think you are gonna find 1 guitar that is compatible for both systems AND both series. The only guitar that I know of that would do both systems is the Rock Band guitars, 1 and 2. However, according to the chart, they won't play the GH games on the PS2, except for GHWT. And they also won't play GH3 and Aerosmith on the PS3.

bread's done
Back