CAGcast #171: Escape from NY

File not downloading from iTunes for anyone else? Got it to play in browser, though...?

Edit: After about 6 tries it's coming now. Weird.

about bloody time been waiting to hear whats new. had some trouble dling it but it works now took longer than usual.

I'm having issues too. Sometimes Itunes does this

[quote name='Cursor']File not downloading from iTunes for anyone else? Got it to play in browser, though...?

Edit: After about 6 tries it's coming now. Weird.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']What rolls off the tongue better:

$299 or $299.99?

Simplicity[/QUOTE]
What about $300?

yay-sorz! Cheapyz, are ya still in USA?

Did ya go to PAX?

Can u please start doing more your man in japan videos plz. ^_^

You get mad at "Sony fanboys" because someone criticized your xbox360 coverage, fair enough-even though as a PS3 fan I hate that term,but then you nitpick to death the Sony .99 cents thing. You go on Home, knowing you're not gonna like it, and surprise you don't like it, I mean what exactly was the point of that, so you can talk about not liking Home?

Is it really surprising that people think you sometimes show a certain bias?

As far as the component cables for the consoles, they should really include an hdmi cable, they are dirt cheap these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome! CAG has helped me, so I'm happy you got to see Stern in person.

I agree about the PS3 Slim MSRP, they just should say it's $299.99. It just doesn't make sense because no one, and I mean no one is actually selling it for $299, so just advertise it as $299.99 already.

My jaw dropped when CheapyD mentioned he was on Playstation Home! My avatar was standing right next to his when I was watching the video wall. If I remember correctly, it was Saturday around 3:30 am pacific time. At the the time I thought it was another user with same name. Besides I thought he hasn't return to Japan yet. But the avatar looks just like him, so I was going to type something but Cheapy ran off before I finished typing. I'm disappointed I didn't get say hi knowing he enjoys being recognized by his listener.

Hey cheapy do us all a solid and start paying attention to the movies you watch.....it explains why that one alien is "smarter" then the others.

Other then that decent show, glad you got to live ur dream out.

[quote name='steverl22']Hey cheapy do us all a solid and start paying attention to the movies you watch.....it explains why that one alien is "smarter" then the others. [/QUOTE] You gonna keep me in the dark?

[quote name='CheapyD']You gonna keep me in the dark?[/QUOTE]

I assume it's a District 9 reference.

I can't d/l the show though from itunes or the CAG home page so I could be wrong.

As long as I've been in CAG, this is actually the 2nd CAGCast I've ever listened to.

Sounding great so far! Looking forward to hear about Howard and Arkham...

[quote name='steverl22']Hey cheapy do us all a solid and start paying attention to the movies you watch.....it explains why that one alien is "smarter" then the others.

Other then that decent show, glad you got to live ur dream out.[/QUOTE]

yeah actually I didn't know why christopher was smarter than the rest either.

I dealt with the "mysteries" left unanswered by the film as the fact this was a pseudo-documentary and frankly humanity is still scrambling to find out what the deal is with the "prawns".

Thing is I might now have to reconsider a dvd rental/purchase.

Re: Batman Complaints
The tattering of the costume happens over the course of the night (remember this game happens over the course of 1 night.), regardless of your performance(since the damage usually occurs during the cutscenes).

[quote name='CheapyD']You gonna keep me in the dark?[/QUOTE]

if you look closely he has "Harvard" bumper sticker on his spaceship, we are to assume he went to college there. Thats the prequel "Alien House" directed by John Landis

Cheapy, I'm assuming that you are talking about Kobe beef as the super good steak. If so, don't get the filet because you will be way a by-product of Kobe beef production. True Kobe Beef is highly, highly marbled and is extremely tender (I assure you that there is no hyperbole in that statement). The filet is a tender cut of meat without the marbling. Most restaurants (even high end ones) don't sell Prime filets because there is little or no increase in tenderness to justify the higher cost.

If you are going with Kobe Beef, I highly suggest the strip steak. It will have great flavor plus you will get the added benefit of the tenderness that you are paying for. 9 ounces of a Kobe strip would be more than enough since it is so rich in flavor.

Happy Birthday and whatever steak you do end up getting, I hope you enjoy it.

Finally finished listening. I also disagree about Cheapy's opinion on District 9. The plot set-up was all pretty much taken care of within the first half-hour of the movie in rapid-fire Cable News style, and is supposed to be "actually happening" and set in the present. I think the movie was supposed to cause viewers to ask questions of the aliens intentions and what will happen next. Remember that the movie is set in the Humans perspective, more specifically the perspective of the media.

Not trying to hate, just giving my opinion. The movie actually dealt with a lot of themes currently present today, but given in that imaginative science-fiction/reality setting.

I have to say I fully agree with Serenitygod about not wanting to listen to your fucking shit on the cagcast. I'd like time stamps so I can skip directly to the end of the show. I have no where else to get industry news so it'd be best if you just read the headlines from kotaku. Could you do so through an autotuner? Your guys' voices make my ears bleed. Maybe fix the volume levels so that you guys are inaudible and pipe in some relatively loud background music. And instead of talking about what games you guys have played could you just look at my gamertag and list the games I've played and speculate as to rather or not I enjoyed them. Really I can't stand anything about you guys... maybe CheapyD could just replace what's currently in the CAGcast portion of the site with a link to 1up yours?

2 things, the rant about $299 vs $299.99 was too much. Every product advertised does this. It is especially pointless when you are talking about a MSRP which many places were far lower. I got my slim from Dell for under $250. It would be fine to mention but the rant was completely pointless.

As far as the value of the PS3 versus the 360, one thing that never gets mentioned that I find a big deal also is the PS3 controllers are rechargeable. You guys even mention how your 360 controllers have rechargeable batteries, that is another expense that you don't have with the PS3.

Now if the PS3 could just get Crackdown 2!

I hope Cheapy's Sony bitching was a way to poke fun at Sony fanboys and not too legit.

Cheapy- My house was built in 2005 and I have ethernet in every room. It is a regular house in a regular neighborhood. I am the exception but it does exist.

Cheapy, is this what you where looking for?
fleshlightdevice.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/378314/a-fleshli...lets-you-control-your-computer-by-fucking-it/

Dear CheapyD,

Hi, remember the contest you ran two weeks ago? The 50 Cent cuss in the show feedback contest? That you mentioned directly after pointing out my comment as a Sony Fanboy thing? Yeah... about that. That was where my entry, or what you considered legitimate feedback, was coming from. Imagine my suprise, discovering what you had to do in the show feedback was taken seriously. I was neither being critical nor fanboyish, just filthy mouthed and sarcastic. Listening to the show right now and have yet to figure out who won it but just trying to point this out. How you could take ANYTHING seriously in the feedback where you openly invited filthy language is beyond me. If I was really that concerned about your "redmond masters" (seriously, THAT'S the giveaway to sarcasm), I would have stopped listening to your podcast long ago, like I did with Talking About Games Podcast (Jay managed to keep Paris in check, without Jay, it was gonna be harsh).

Of your many quarks (no podcaster is perfect), only two annoy me. The first is the fascination with fecal matter. But I can deal. The other is the point you often make about how, if PSN was as good as XBox Live, you'd gladly pay money for it. This is not a sentiment I and many others share. After all, looking at XBL price, tripling that (assuming Nintendo does the same adjustment), you're spending more than an annual DS Lite purchase in services alone. As for Live itself, I said it before, I'll say it again. Without live, you really are getting half a console with a 360. But oh well.

But all in all, sorry you missed the sarcasm in my post. I thought I was being cheeky and fun and I showed the post to a couple friends making sure it was obvious enough. We were, apparently, wrong. Also, for the record, I do not smell of poo. I do smell of Herbal Essences shampoo though, and Kilo Axe Bodyspray. I figured if I'm trying to clean up any confusion as to the intent of my post, might as well clear up confusion as to my scent as well.

[quote name='CheapyD']What about $300?[/QUOTE]
$299 sounds cheaper than $300 in advertisements and such, besides the obvious $1 difference.

I agree with you, CheapyD, over the 299/300 price issue. Sure it's a small amount but it is BS. I hate it when companies advertise a product and then say all this for under 100 dollars...yet the price is 99.99. WTF! Sure you're right but being under by a penny is BULLSHIP!

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I have to say I fully agree with Serenitygod about not wanting to listen to your fucking shit on the cagcast. I'd like time stamps so I can skip directly to the end of the show. I have no where else to get industry news so it'd be best if you just read the headlines from kotaku. Could you do so through an autotuner? Your guys' voices make my ears bleed. Maybe fix the volume levels so that you guys are inaudible and pipe in some relatively loud background music. And instead of talking about what games you guys have played could you just look at my gamertag and list the games I've played and speculate as to rather or not I enjoyed them. Really I can't stand anything about you guys... maybe CheapyD could just replace what's currently in the CAGcast portion of the site with a link to 1up yours?[/QUOTE]
I enjoy their voices and the shit that they talk about. They are people with opinions and lives, and they choose to include information about their opinions and lifestyles in the podcast.

And about your last line, why don't they shut down the main website except for the forums and price tracker, and just replace it with a link to 1up :applause:

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I have to say I fully agree with Serenitygod about not wanting to listen to your fucking shit on the cagcast. I'd like time stamps so I can skip directly to the end of the show. I have no where else to get industry news so it'd be best if you just read the headlines from kotaku. Could you do so through an autotuner? Your guys' voices make my ears bleed. Maybe fix the volume levels so that you guys are inaudible and pipe in some relatively loud background music. And instead of talking about what games you guys have played could you just look at my gamertag and list the games I've played and speculate as to rather or not I enjoyed them. Really I can't stand anything about you guys... maybe CheapyD could just replace what's currently in the CAGcast portion of the site with a link to 1up yours?[/QUOTE]

lmao.

I'm still stunned that my podcast (Cross Border Gaming) got a mention.

Not 100% sure about that apology, but it's a start. My big thing is that I work with special needs kids, so the r-word is totally not cool. Tropic Thunder was protested and boycotted for its use of "retard". It's not about a double standard. It wasn't ok for Tropic Thunder to use it, and it's not ok for anyone else to use it.

Maybe either (or both) of you guys would like to come on CBG and discuss it.

fuckin cheapy d man what the fuck dont you whine about? who gives a shit if the console is 299 or 299.99 or 300 reality is when you add tax its gonna be over 300 bucks anyway so in the end youre paying more than what they say to fucking nitpick over a dollar is fucking childish and it does go to show you as a microsoft fanboy. you say youre not every time youre accused of being one but its interesting how you go out of your way to find things wrong with sony but gloss over or ignore issues with microsoft or when someone from microsoft contacts you concering what youve said you quickly change your tune because they jiggled your balls a little and made you feel special.

none of these consoles are perfect but to hear you say it the xbox 360 shits gold and pisses diamonds everyday.

as far as district 9 goes its a damn depressing movie with an obvious connection to whats gone on in africa and still does and its got that whole cloverfield thing going for it in parts. the action near the end was cool but considering the kinds of weapons they had why the fuck didnt they just take over? makes me wonder if they werent what was left of a civilization maybe civillians who left their planet on a ship with stuff they didnt know how to use.

I don't actively follow the Cagcast threads, so I didn't know that people complained about your interview with the "Xbox Police Officer". I just wanted to say that, although you don't do interviews very often, when you do it's always unique and very interesting. People like Pachter, the guy who owned the game store, this latest interview.... none of those are people that you would see interviewed anywhere else. I thought that all of your interviews had something interesting to say.

[quote name='Hbomb5']I'm still stunned that my podcast (Cross Border Gaming) got a mention.

Not 100% sure about that apology, but it's a start. My big thing is that I work with special needs kids, so the r-word is totally not cool. Tropic Thunder was protested and boycotted for its use of "retard". It's not about a double standard. It wasn't ok for Tropic Thunder to use it, and it's not ok for anyone else to use it.

Maybe either (or both) of you guys would like to come on CBG and discuss it.[/QUOTE]

But in Tropic Thunder, it was proper usage... They were actually, in fact, discussing a retarded character.

As for saying things like, "That's retarded," I don't see anything wrong with that. It's no different than saying, "That's dumb," or "That's stupid". Saying that something is retarded is calling something stupid.

Did Wombat once said in a cagcast that he worked with Howard Stern?Or did I missed something?It seemed that Howard was clueless about wombat...or was it that he worked at the building the show airs?Can wombat clarify that?

God DAMN IT, Wombat! Stop asking every show for free stuff! "Oh, I didn't get anything free, whoa is me!" Suck it up, bitch!

By the way, when you're done with Batman, can I have it?

:)

By the way, Cheapy, I wanted to mention that it shouldn't matter what that author's personal views on a subject are or whether or not he's getting a little or a ton of money from this game. The fact is this: a piece of art is a piece of art no matter WHO made it. You may hate somebody for who they are but love what they can do. Look at Mel Gibson. Is the Road Warrior all of a sudden a shitty movie now simply because Mel Gibson isn't a fan of the Jew?

Not to get too epic about this, but history is full of incredible stories and art DESPITE having been made by some of the world's most talented and renowned assholes. So instead of not buying this great game because of one person, just do what most of us have to do in our normal lives: ignore the BS that's spewing from a hatemonger's mouth.

bread's done
Back