Tekken 5 Discussion and Info

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
NOTE: For updates, go to most recent posts/scroll down

Cheap ass link

For all you tekken fans, this may be a great buy.

t5stick.jpg

Tekken5_artbook_cover.jpg

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Cool, a little too expensive for my taste, but it's still sounds pretty cool.[/quote]

well, its 99.99-- includes game...

game is 50 so the controller costs 50 too... not that bad of a deal.

If that arcade stick ends up being truly good, I'll probably hop on this deal. I'm just disappointed that there is no online play for Tekken 5; it would make my decision a whole lot easier. I've been waiting over 5 years for an online Tekken and I'll be damned if I don't deserve it.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Cool, a little too expensive for my taste, but it's still sounds pretty cool.[/quote]

game is 50 so the controller costs 50 too... not that bad of a deal.[/quote]

I'm not saying it's not a bad deal, I just don't have the money to spend on it.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']If that arcade stick ends up being truly good, I'll probably hop on this deal. I'm just disappointed that there is no online play for Tekken 5; it would make my decision a whole lot easier. I've been waiting over 5 years for an online Tekken and I'll be damned if I don't deserve it.[/quote]

From what I hear, Hori sticks are very nice, and are super comfortable to play with. As for online play, I am pretty sure Namco will learn from their mistakes and make Tekken 6 online.

are the graphics going to be at least 90% close to the arcade's? i'll be quite annoyed easily if i see the slightest jaggedness for the chars or the background stages =/

[quote name='oper00']are the graphics going to be at least 90% close to the arcade's? i'll be quite annoyed easily if i see the slightest jaggedness for the chars or the background stages =/[/quote]

yes at least +90% arcade perfect. so be very happy :)

For that price they should include a collection dvd with the previous 4 games on it (dual layered DVD like San Andreas).

The special edition set also comes with a six-disc DVD case to hold all previous Tekken games. Time to look around for non-greatest hits for a true collection.

[quote name='evilmax17']If it weren't for that Tekken art on the stick, I'd hop on it. And you know, if they sold the stick seperately.[/quote]

the art isn't that bad imo.

[quote name='geotech']For that price they should include a collection dvd with the previous 4 games on it (dual layered DVD like San Andreas).[/quote]
from what it sounds like T5 will be packed with T1, T2, and T3. be happy.

already preordered this one..After having played the arcade version for a couple of weeks, i know it will be worth it.

As for the stick...Did Hori make the same ones as those 'special edition' Soul Calibur 2 sticks? Because those sucked hard.

I thought the SC2 sticks were pretty good. Plus Hori makes the best sticks out there.

Hori made the SC2 sticks. I thought the SC2 sticks were pretty good. Plus Hori makes the best sticks out there.

it will be a great deal for the stick alone if it is uses all the same parts of the hori real arcade pros that they sell in japan.

import shops like play-asia sell the stick alone for around $80 plus shipping.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='geotech']For that price they should include a collection dvd with the previous 4 games on it (dual layered DVD like San Andreas).[/quote]
from what it sounds like T5 will be packed with T1, T2, and T3. be happy.[/quote]

Good idea, but san andreas wasn't DVD-9...

Also it doesn't have Tekken 1-3 in it unless they're somehow unlockable...

[quote name='article']a special six-disc
collectors DVD case for storage of all games in the TEKKEN franchise.[/quote]

just a special case, no games...

[quote name='akuma001']it will be a great deal for the stick alone if it is uses all the same parts of the hori real arcade pros that they sell in japan.

import shops like play-asia sell the stick alone for around $80 plus shipping.[/quote]

Yeah, they sell Hori Real Arcade for that price and this stick looks just like it. And because it's a HORI stick, I'm pretty sure it will use Hori parts meaning Sanwa stick and all.

tekken-5-20040719020314693.jpg

The overall package is a very good deal. As for T1, T2, T3 it seems off the bat T1 will be playable from the T5 disc. The T2 and T3 games will supposedly have to be unlocked. From what it sounds like, the game is going to be dual layered. I will not be surprised if this game gets very high scores when it's released for the PS2. It's graphics are almost as impressive as MGS3/SC2 and namco usually never slouches on anything when it comes to their fighting games.

If anyone wants more info on the game check out these links:

Tekken-Official

Tekken Zaibatsu

UPDATE:

Below is the Japanese version of the Hori stick:

B0007OKQQW.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Even Better Update X2:

Check out the link. It has some nice 'Beginning Story Pics' near the bottom of the page.

Fists of Fury

[quote name='help1'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Cool, a little too expensive for my taste, but it's still sounds pretty cool.[/quote]

No, its a waaay sweeter deal than that! You get the stick, T5 plus all the OTHER Tekkens, according to the article.

The bundle will retail for $99.99 and include a
copy of the game, a Hori customized peripheral and a special six-disc
collectors DVD case for storage of all games in the TEKKEN franchise.

[quote name='kingtz'][quote name='help1'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Cool, a little too expensive for my taste, but it's still sounds pretty cool.[/quote]

No, its a waaay sweeter deal than that! You get the stick, T5 plus all the OTHER Tekkens, according to the article.

[/quote]

Once again, and like I displayed earlier, that's a case not "all the other Tekkens". Apparently Tekken 1 and possibly 2 and 3 will be unlockable in Tkeen 5 the game, but you don't actually get copies of Tekken 1-4 , just a DVD case to hold them in.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='kingtz'][quote name='help1'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Cool, a little too expensive for my taste, but it's still sounds pretty cool.[/quote]

[/quote]

Once again, and like I displayed earlier, that's a case not "all the other Tekkens". Apparently Tekken 1 and possibly 2 and 3 will be unlockable in Tkeen 5 the game, but you don't actually get copies of Tekken 1-4 , just a DVD case to hold them in.[/quote]

Oh crap, you're right. Now that I read it over again, it makes sense. Dammit, and I got my hopes up. Well, not that I wanted T4,and I already have TTT...but still, if the stick proves to be good and sturdy (can't trust it even tho it's supposed to be a HORI, the HORI VF4:EVO sticks weren't that sturdy and the buttons had problems down the line), then it'd be a good deal.

Quite possibly the last TEKKEN for PS2.

But we all know NAMCO will milk this series some more...esp once PS3 comes out. They'd be stupid not to. :p

Being as it's one of the few fighters that still has arcade success I doubt it will be the last one.

As for the hori stick. I had the tekken 3 stick for ps1 and it was easily the best stick I ever used aside from a MAS stick and well mas is 200-300$.

on the subject of online play I'm not sure you will see any with that. Tekken along with virtua fighter are two fighters that are very precise and any form of lag at all from online would change the way the game was played quite a bit. Most of the top tekken players don't really like the idea of online tekken.

Nice. But I just want the DVD case. I'll stick with my MAS sticks as far as controllers. Almost bought Hori SC2 sticks but figured I'd take the plunge and go with the MAS and couldn't have been happier. I'm actually going to use them in my custom built arcade machine with MAME and a PS2.

BTW, my pair of MAS sticks with Gamecube and PS2 support were around $179.xx Each. Nowhere near $300. Unless you add the custom artwork I had printed and put on myself.:D Still just over $210 Each.
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']Nice. But I just want the DVD case. I'll stick with my MAS sticks as far as controllers. Almost bought Hori SC2 sticks but figured I'd take the plunge and go with the MAS and couldn't have been happier. I'm actually going to use them in my custom built arcade machine with MAME and a PS2.

BTW, my pair of MAS sticks with Gamecube and PS2 support were around $179.xx Each. Nowhere near $300. Unless you add the custom artwork I had printed and put on myself.:D Still just over $210 Each.
-G[/quote]

buy the case, then sell the stick on ebay. it most definitly will sell. also, as an alternative just screw around with it and mod it.

as soon as I find pics of the box art I'll be sure to post it here, unless someone else finds out about it first.

Since it's been announced recently, pre-orders wont be happening probably until a few days or a week from now. Let the game stores get the product info onto their systems then put your money down as soon as you hear from them.

UPDATE:
Supposedly certain GameCrazys have it already on their pre-order listing. I don't have a GameCrazy where I live, and it may not be nationwide as of yet. more info as it becomes available.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']buy the case, then sell the stick on ebay. it most definitly will sell. also, as an alternative just screw around with it and mod it.

[/quote]

Great Idea!!! Why didn't I think of that! :D

[quote name='evilmax17']Doesn't Hori use Happs components?[/quote]

I think they do for the buttons, but they use Sanwa Sticks which have to be imported. SOmeone correct me if I'm wrong.
-G

yes, today I went to EB and asked if they had the special edition pack on their system and they did. To my knowlage, almost all game stores have their systems updated with this item. I reccomend pre-ordering this one since it's limited supply. I did :shock:

UPDATE:
Here's gamestop's pre order box art. EDIT: scary... as soon as I posted this gamestop changed the pic... as you can see the collectors edition pack holds the older tekkens in a metalic tekken dvd case. it's too hard to see now. will be updated as soon as more info comes in.

b281233ab.jpg

MAJOR UPDATE

:!: Official Info :!:
Tekkn 5's release date has been changed to an earlyer date: 2/25/2005

:shock: This is awsome. Almost a whole month earlyer than originaly.

Also GameSpot has a brand new hands-on impression as well as a new developer interview. They give a very good reason as to why online play is not being implimented.

Hands-On Impression at GameSpot

[quote name='ProbesInRobes']That arcade stick looks great, but so does that street fighter one...[/quote]

I agree... but in my opinion the SF is one is a little overly bulky... nt to mention this one is alot cheaper (yes it's $99, but $50 of that goes to the game... so yeah)

I wasn't impressed with the SF stick. I think the SF stick had a teardrop stick, which I'm not down with. Also, the SF stick's buttons were all in a straight line. This is usually 'acceptable', but my favorite configuration is the following:

The right most 2 buttons, then the 2nd most right buttons straight across from that, then the 3rd right most buttons lower. This matches the way your hand and fingers naturally lay, and it feels the most comfortable to me.

I love the Agetec DC official stick, which is why I might get this bundle, as the stick looks similar. I'd rather get the Hori Real Arcade Pro, as to avoid the crappy Tekken artwork, but this is a better deal.

bread's done
Back