PS3 Slim for $270 (+ tax) at Dell, free 2 day shipping

[quote name='Aleman']http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/PLAYSTATION%C2%AE_3/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A3018856

Good through Tuesday Sept. 15. No coupon required.[/QUOTE]

Dell's Taxes always kill all the deals, I rarely buy from them.
I did get a 160gb PS3 from sears for $299 the other day and paid $20 for shipping.
I say whoever wants a PS3 like I wanted to all this time, should wait for a few more weeks because you will save your money and get more for what you pay. The holidays are right around the corner and there are alot of good deals when winter is approaching.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Dell's Taxes always kill all the deals, I rarely buy from them.[/QUOTE]

I hear people on here all the time complain about this. How do taxes kill a deal? I pay 8.8% taxes in Washington state and if I bought this deal I'd be paying 293.76. That's $32.62 less then I'd pay in-store at a retailer.

I'm one of the unlucky people who have to pay tax at Amazon, but even if I didn't I'd still be paying $299.99. For those that don't have to pay sales tax you're still saving $6.23. Now I have Prime so I get free second day shipping, but for those that don't they're going to wait about a week for their PS3 from Amazon, where as Dell gives you free second day shipping to everyone for free.

I'd say the average CAG is saving between $6.23 - $32.62 from buying off Dell. So please explain to me how tax kills the deal.

two days ago before the instant rebate i had the CS Rep take it off for me. Just told him i wanted a PS 3 slim and that the coupon didn't have systems under their exclusion list. He asked me if I wanted to order extra games,controllers,accessories...said no..and he put the code in and I was done.

I think they won't take it with the instant rebate already tacked on. but if it was at 299.99. Than im sure it wouldnt be a problem.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Dell's Taxes always kill all the deals, I rarely buy from them.
I did get a 160gb PS3 from sears for $299 the other day and paid $20 for shipping.
I say whoever wants a PS3 like I wanted to all this time, should wait for a few more weeks because you will save your money and get more for what you pay. The holidays are right around the corner and there are alot of good deals when winter is approaching.[/QUOTE]

i live in jersey where there is 7% tax.

Its still a deal. your saving yourself atleast 20-25 bucks extra in taxes alone. i got mine with the coupon for 272.99. I saved myself a 50 dollar headache. Forget getting any kind of discount in store. Bundles sure...but not discounts on systems. If your looking to buy like me, the time to get it is now with Dell doing these discounts....even for the Wii and XBOX360 its time to do it now.

I am confused here.

I recently bought a PS3 slim off Dell.com so i can sell it on ebay/craiglist make 30-40$ profit and then buy a PS3 Slim bundle during thanksgiving. Now, i am having second thoughts about selling it. Do you think i should sell this PS3 slim and buy a bundle during the holidays or should i just stick to this 270$ PS3??

Thanks!

Dell PS3 Slim listed at $269.99 with no coupon required.

EDIT - I was able to order mine for $229.99 + tax with free shipping using the 15% code - 6FWJ247J1P44CK

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lorddct']darn it when I finally got mine. Lets see if I can get some credit[/QUOTE]

Not to start a firestorm over at Dell...but I was able to get mine for $229.99 after calling and getting the 15% coupon in addition to the instant $30 off as well as free shipping. Confirmation of order in hand with delivery date of 9/17/09.

At that price everyone should own 2 PS3s.....enough reason for me to anyway.

images

[quote name='ssjgoku5']I am confused here.

I recently bought a PS3 slim off Dell.com so i can sell it on ebay/craiglist make 30-40$ profit and then buy a PS3 Slim bundle during thanksgiving. Now, i am having second thoughts about selling it. Do you think i should sell this PS3 slim and buy a bundle during the holidays or should i just stick to this 270$ PS3??

Thanks![/QUOTE]
How about just save your dollars for a PS3 Slim bundle during Black Friday?
I think there were plenty of PS3 and Xbox 360 Black Friday deals in previous years...

I didn't know it was a race...I just want to get the word out that $229.99 for a PS3 is a very real possibility for folks.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I didn't know it was a race...I just want to get the word out that $229.99 for a PS3 is a very real possibility for folks.[/QUOTE]

LIEZ!!! I tried applying the coupon code and i called them asking them to apply the code. They said that even though the code is a valid one they cant apply it to items that are already at a discounted price..

[quote name='ssjgoku5']LIEZ!!! I tried applying the coupon code and i called them asking them to apply the code. They said that even though the code is a valid one they cant apply it to items that are already at a discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Me no LIEZ!!!

PS3SlimConfirmation.jpg

[quote name='omyard']Dude, that's an obvious Photoshop.[/QUOTE]

Why in the %#$& would I go through the trouble of 'creating' a PhotoShop...

Dude, you're an obvious douchebag.

[quote name='Shadowlink']Anyone know where I can contact them?[/QUOTE]

1 - 877 - 886 - 3355

I reached the Nashville, TN call center.

Just tell them you want to place an order and have a coupon...don't say anything else...let them catch up.
Let him/her ask you what you would like to buy.
Tell them the PS3 Slim...they'll add it to 'your cart'
They'll tell you the price...then mention you have the coupon again.....6FWJ247J1P44CK
They'll try the coupon and tell you it doesn't seem to apply to this...ask why...they'll try and answer
Tell them you didn't see consoles excluded and you just tried a PS2 and the other PS3 Uncharted bundle and it applied the coupon on those.
Hopefully they'll be reasonable and see that it should apply here as well.
Don't argue, just be agreeable and tell 'em about that nice Dell computer you bought awhile back...which was true in my case :)

I had more trouble getting the free shipping applied back to the order than getting the 15% off.

Don't try and command the conversation...they'll be much more willing to help you if you play nice.

I got it on the first try with a REAL nice customer service agent who actually wanted to see to it that I got the discount applied to my order.

You've got till 10pm EST tonight to have the best shot at this...I'd say as each hour and coming days that pass, the chances of pulling this off are likely to go way down. It helped that I saw this right when it popped up on N4G at 1:25 PM and was on the phone placing my order at 1:40pm.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shadowlink']I called. They said they couldn't apply the coupon code because of the $30 off. :([/QUOTE]

Sorry dude...aren't you a member over at VGMM?

It really depends on the Rep you get. Some reps are really easy and nice but some reps are just doing their jobs and probably too scared to add something like this. This is probably one of the occasional mishaps or niceness of the person the poster was dealing with. people had trouble applying that coupon before the instant rebate.I got a nice rep who appllied it, no questions asked. I didnt get it for that price. I got mine for $272..but hassle free. I didnt even have to call..i used their chat line. There is no solution to not getting the code applied, it just depends on the rep..but 270 for a PS 3 is still a great deal. after tax is like 290..which is still better than paying 320 or 330 with tax included.

Just musing...

The $270 sale expires 9/15 (this precludes use of 15% coupon)
The free shipping expires 9/17
The 15% discount expires 10/31

Solution: Purchase on 9/16 for a 15% discount (e.g. $254).

[quote name='Muthafodder']1 - 877 - 886 - 3355

I reached the Nashville, TN call center.

Just tell them you want to place an order and have a coupon...don't say anything else...let them catch up.
Let him/her ask you what you would like to buy.
Tell them the PS3 Slim...they'll add it to 'your cart'
They'll tell you the price...then mention you have the coupon again.....6FWJ247J1P44CK
They'll try the coupon and tell you it doesn't seem to apply to this...ask why...they'll try and answer
Tell them you didn't see consoles excluded and you just tried a PS2 and the other PS3 Uncharted bundle and it applied the coupon on those.
Hopefully they'll be reasonable and see that it should apply here as well.
Don't argue, just be agreeable and tell 'em about that nice Dell computer you bought awhile back...which was true in my case :)

I had more trouble getting the free shipping applied back to the order than getting the 15% off.

Don't try and command the conversation...they'll be much more willing to help you if you play nice.

I got it on the first try with a REAL nice customer service agent who actually wanted to see to it that I got the discount applied to my order.

You've got till 10pm EST tonight to have the best shot at this...I'd say as each hour and coming days that pass, the chances of pulling this off are likely to go way down. It helped that I saw this right when it popped up on N4G at 1:25 PM and was on the phone placing my order at 1:40pm.

GOOD LUCK![/QUOTE]Do you have an extension number for the nice person? I'm going to try again later.

How is Dell with returns? With tax this deal comes to $288 for me.

I'm kinda leery about ordering from Dell when I know Amazon's return policy is pretty good.

[quote name='shouamabane']How is Dell with returns? With tax this deal comes to $288 for me.

I'm kinda leery about ordering from Dell when I know Amazon's return policy is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

21 days you have to return it. They will give an RMA and send you a Pre-Paid shipping to send back. Once they get it back they give you $$ back.

Great deal! I was waiting for some kind of deal to come along for the PS3 Slim. Couldn't wait any longer so I went ahead and ordered it yesterday. $288 total. Thanks!

[quote name='Brian234']Just musing...

The $270 sale expires 9/15 (this precludes use of 15% coupon)
The free shipping expires 9/17
The 15% discount expires 10/31

Solution: Purchase on 9/16 for a 15% discount (e.g. $254).[/QUOTE]
Good plan, but be aware that the 15% off coupon wasn't working on the PS3 slim even before the $30 sale. Unless they fix it by then, you'll need to call or chat with a CSR and ask them to apply it manually. Lots of CAGs have been successful (myself included), but depending on the rep you get you may need to be persistent or try multiple times with different reps.

[quote name='Bootstrap']Good plan, but be aware that the 15% off coupon wasn't working on the PS3 slim even before the $30 sale. Unless they fix it by then, you'll need to call or chat with a CSR and ask them to apply it manually. Lots of CAGs have been successful (myself included), but depending on the rep you get you may need to be persistent or try multiple times with different reps.[/QUOTE]

I think Monday morning some CAGers may be successful due to employees who were off Friday and over the weekend.

I was pretty excited to see my item shipped after pulling this off for $229...should get my second PS3 this week. It's kinda a retribution for being an early adopter of the 60gb for $599...which I still have and LOVE!!

I bought a second one to watch HD Blu-Ray movies in the bedroom.

Man they wont do it!. i talked via chat and the rep wouldnt do it for me. I then called them and they wouldnt do it. I called again and they still wouldnt do it they were pretty strict about it. I was nice the whole time but it seemed there was no way to get it done.

[quote name='Bootstrap']Good plan, but be aware that the 15% off coupon wasn't working on the PS3 slim even before the $30 sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I bit the bullet at $270.

Sweet deal. I saved $32.03 if you figure in the tax with buying it at full price in a store. I will be keeping my old PS3 but it sucks that some of my old game saves won't transfer over though.

[quote name='mixed_harmony']Man they wont do it!. i talked via chat and the rep wouldnt do it for me. I then called them and they wouldnt do it. I called again and they still wouldnt do it they were pretty strict about it. I was nice the whole time but it seemed there was no way to get it done.[/QUOTE]

Same here :(

Called two times and chatted one time..

No luck here either. The guy I chatted with said that the 15% coupon codes were all used up. Kinda sucks I was really wanting a slim for the bedroom.

[quote name='nesbrandon']No luck here either. The guy I chatted with said that the 15% coupon codes were all used up. Kinda sucks I was really wanting a slim for the bedroom.[/QUOTE]

Me too. He said each item has X number of uses and the slim was used up

[quote name='tyrok3k']Sweet deal. I saved $32.03 if you figure in the tax with buying it at full price in a store. I will be keeping my old PS3 but it sucks that some of my old game saves won't transfer over though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I would jump all over this IF Rock Band 2 saves would transfer over.

If there's any 10% off coupon at eca still, might as well get it from amazon with free shipping and no tax atm. But its a decent deal. I was tempted to get the ps3 for the $255 deal a couple weeks back with the 15% off.

I ordered a ps3 slim and mgs4 from dell.com on the 11th. The order status kept saying 'estimated delivery date: 9/17/09' Now it has updated and it says 'estimated delivery date: 10/1/09' Why is there such a huge delay? Should I call them or do anything?

it'll most likely ship before that estimated delivery date. In my experience, Dell.com estimated delivery dates are usually exaggurated.

bread's done
Back