GameStop.com: MGS 2: Substance PS2 and Suikoden 3 IN-STOCK for a moment

[quote name='N64FanBoy']Don't forget that if you have an X-Box, Gamerush sells MGS2:Substance for $10 brand new.[/quote]

The X-Box version is easily available and inferior, though. Frame-rate issues and such, lazy conversion. Besides, you know the game was clearly designed for the PS2, it even uses the analog face buttons!

[quote name='N64FanBoy']Don't forget that if you have an X-Box, Gamerush sells MGS2:Substance for $10 brand new.[/quote]

And Gamecrazy also sells the preowned PS2 version of Substance for $9.99.

[quote name='Scorch']Wait. Is Suikoden 3 becoming rare or something, or is it still a suckfest?[/quote]

You are thinking about Suikoden 4. Suikoden 3 got 88% on game rankings, which is pretty good in my book. Its pretty rare, but I was able able to find a new and sealed copy for $12.99 at the recent KMART 60% sale.

Or $6.99 used.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']The X-Box version is easily available and inferior, though. Frame-rate issues and such, lazy conversion. Besides, you know the game was clearly designed for the PS2, it even uses the analog face buttons![/quote]

The XBox version is a terrible port, granted. I find it funny that you'd mention the ONE aspect of the game that I actually like better in the XBox version, higher button sensitivity.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']
The X-Box version is easily available and inferior, though. Frame-rate issues and such, lazy conversion. Besides, you know the game was clearly designed for the PS2, it even uses the analog face buttons![/quote]

I actually prefer the control on the XBOX, what does analog face buttons have to do with specifically the PS2?

Maybe its just my area, but I see Suikoden III all the time.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']The X-Box version is easily available and inferior, though. Frame-rate issues and such, lazy conversion. Besides, you know the game was clearly designed for the PS2, it even uses the analog face buttons![/quote]

The framerate issues aren't THAT bad (once you get out of the rain), and otherwise it was a decent, if unimproved, port. It's also missing the skateboarding minigame, but does at least feature 4-speaker in-game surround sound. What does the analog face buttons have to do with being designed for the PS2? The Xbox's buttons are analog too, you know.

bread's done
Back